Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-13, 09:20 AM  
pollytc

I also vote for Circuit Burn, and she has many premixes too! Athletic Step is my absolute favorite of Kelly's.....then when TLC came out I was addicted to that one as well. Split Sessions is good, but it sounds like you are more into circuits. I agree with Juberann about Bootcamp. It's good but I didn't click as well with that one. Step Boxing is fun, as is her original kickboxing dvd. It took me a few tries, but once I mastered it, I could put more into it and now I can do it with my eyes closed. lol. I tried her newer kickboxing dvd a few times (workout 1...I may try workout 2 next week) and I really liked it. It was easy to catch on.

Welcome to the world of KCM. Not only will she kick your butt in 30 minutes, but she is so very real and so very down to earth! That smile and attitude of hers is contagious.
Old 07-04-13, 10:46 AM  
juberann

Ditto to what pollytc said about StepBoxing, don't shy away from that one. I nearly skipped it when it came out because I was afraid the choreography was going to be too tricky. I was wrong, it's easy to pick up and super fun to do (I am talking about her 30 Minutes to Fitness routine, her earlier stuff is more complicated), there are drill and weight premixes and more. I highly recommend StepBoxing, it's a blast
Old 07-04-13, 10:51 AM  
mtnmom

I'm going to be the oddball and say that I love Bootcamp, and only like Circuit Burn. CB is okay, but it seems like I only get one workout from the whole DVD because she repeats each circuit. On BC, nothing is repeated. There are premixes of all strength and all cardio - but the 2 main workouts are cardio/strength alternated.

Of her toning workouts, I'm loving Body Shop and got a lot of use from Your Best Body. I've only done Plateau Buster once -- but I got it when I was in a workout slump. Muscle Definition is solid, but a little scattered (to me), and Split Sessions I used so much when I first got it, I'm sick of it now.

If you enjoy Athletic Step, you'll love StepBoxing (the 30MTF one)! I still do one of the Stepboxing workouts, or a premix from the DVD, probably once a week. And I think 30MTF Kickboxing is great as well.

And oddball me, again, is kind of "eh" on TLC. Gosh, we're not helping you at all, are we!
Old 07-04-13, 10:53 AM  
Tiny

Oh yeah, KCM's newest StepBoxing has a dumbbell premix only and a dumbell & kickboxing drill premix. That would work well for your cardio and strength work together. The dumbbell work is fabulous.

It's too much good stuff, how do you pick?

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 11:36 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Can't say enough good things about Kelly

If you're looking for someone to talk you out of ALL of her dvds, don't look to me. I've been on a KCM kick for almost 2 months now. I bought just about all of her dvds (except the new ones - which I'm kicking myself for not purchasing) and I have been doing her 2012 New Year Rotation from her website. Before I was doing the rotation, I was doing a bunch of her premixes.

I can't give you specifics, as I seem to always mix them up (think multiple Firms and titles here .... same thing) but I do know that her premixes on her more recent ones are UNBEATABLE. They get in, they get the job done and I have been shrinking. I absolutely love them and it's proven to me that I don't need to work out for 5 hours a day to get visible results on my body. Short & sweet is about all I have time or patience for any more.

That said, I adore (cuz I love leg work) her Leg Premix on Split Sessions. I can do just her standing portion if that's all I have time for or do it all (not usually!) but it's EFFECTIVE. and it's gotta be good if it's a premix I remember. I know I can go SUPER heavy as I know I'll only be doing one set. And how bad can it be for one set??? :: insert evil laugh here ::

I love her workouts for add ons. I love her workouts for stand alones. In my book? She can't be beat and yes- I oughtta post on the "falling hard for an instructor" thread. Cuz I'm THERE! Oh and the woman does CURTSY DIPS. Gotta love an instructor who does curtsy dips. (as a pear - these are love at first dip for me.)

I got a bunch of her dvds at walmart.com and of course, they are on sale at Mary's right now.

I say go for it and enjoy and of course, check back and let us know what you decide/do.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 01:01 PM  
PrairieGem

Well, Diane's vote aside, it looks like Circuit Burn for the win!! (But I totally hear you--you just never know when you won't click with something everyone else loves, or vice versa!)

How are her form pointers in TLC and Kickboxing? I find that kick/boxing done with good form really helps strengthen and stabilize my core, and my low back is feeling a little tweaky at the moment. I have a couple others (like Caribbean Workout) but while I like them, sometimes I feel a little loosey-goosey with my form.
Old 07-04-13, 06:58 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I'm confused. I see "Athletic Step" and "Muscle Endurance" mentioned as Kelly workouts but I just went through all her DVD's on her website and don't see these as names of any of her DVD's. They are both Cathe workout names. What Kelly workouts do people really mean?

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 07:45 PM  
Tiny

Karen~probably Muscle Definition and Cardio Blast.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 08:11 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I'm confused. I see "Athletic Step" and "Muscle Endurance" mentioned as Kelly workouts but I just went through all her DVD's on her website and don't see these as names of any of her DVD's. They are both Cathe workout names. What Kelly workouts do people really mean?
I don't know about "Muscle Endurance," but "Athletic Step" is one of the two workouts included on the Cardio Blast DVD. Since that was the workout I had just done before starting this thread, it was referred to a lot! But with something like twenty-five 30MTF DVDs, each with two workouts, that's A LOT of confusing names to toss around!
Old 07-04-13, 08:43 PM  
buffmama

I have the new Kickboxing workout on my trade list if anyone is interested in trading for it.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio blast, kcm, kelly coffey meyer