Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-13, 07:22 PM  
PrairieGem

Wink Just did my first KCM!! Now I want more.

Thanks to whoever suggested KCM's "Cardio Blast" in a recent thread about intermediate HIIT. I've been wanting to try a Kelly since joining VF, but she has so many and it's hard to pick! I picked this one up as my birthday present to myself (I turned 39 today ).

I did the athletic step this morning and had a ball. I haven't done real step in about 10 years and had forgotten how much fun it was. She humbled me , but I was surprised by how well I just hopped in and kept up! LOVED IT!

Now, in the vein of the recent "fall hard for new instructors" thread, I'm finding I'd love to get another one and try a KCM rotation. What would you guys recommend?

My favorite workouts are circuits that combine cardio and strength (Like Amy Dixon's "WH Ultimate Fat Burn" and Cindy Whitmarsh's "Ten Days to a Better Body" or early Jillian). Since I already have two solid KCM cardio workouts, I suppose I could get one that's just strength, but I'd love at least one to be a great mix of both in one w/o. I've been eyeing "Plateau Buster;" what do we think of that one?

I'm coming back to regular more intense workouts after a couple months off or doing low-intensity while rehabbing my back/shoulder problem, but I'm finding that my body is really craving a little more intensity and, in particular, traditional strength training. So I'm not at the level I have been, and would love something that can kick me back up there over the next couple of months.

Hit me, gang!!
Thanks!
Old 07-03-13, 07:26 PM  
kariev34

I HIGHLY recommend her circuit burn and bootcamp workout. They are my favorite circuits from her. I like plateau buster too but I like these ones better.

For pure strength, I love her Your Best Body workout and her new Body Shop workout.
Happy Birthday by the way!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 07:36 PM  
juberann

Definitely Circuit Burn!! Many like BootCamp and while I am a huge fan of KCM, that one is my least favorite of all her workouts. Not sure why, just never clicked with it.
You can't go wrong with any of Kelly's workouts but Circuit Burn sounds to be exactly what you are looking for! ENJOY........eventually you will have to have them all, trust me
Old 07-03-13, 07:43 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Circuit Burn!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 07:58 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Another vote for Circuit Burn!

If you want a strength suggestion, Split Sessions or Your Best Body are awesome.

And if you want another cardio choice, Stepboxing is super fun.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 08:14 PM  
Tiny

KCM is very addicting. I think Circuit Burn would be a good choice because it has tons of premixes. I like alternating her Sculpt and Boxing premix with the Legs and Cardio premix.

I just adore Plateau Buster. It is short and sweet with great premixes as well and bonus cardio drills. She does 12 reps of everything so you need to go heavy with your weights.

Body Shop (her newest) is fantastic as well.

Don't shy away from Lift either. The first workout is Olympic Lifting. It's not fun but it's such a great, different strength workout. The second workout is one we all love Powersculpting. That is cardio and weights and it is soooooo much fun!

Yeah, Split Sessions is straight forward lifting, meaning no cardio just strength work. It's another great workout.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 08:23 PM  
kariev34

To sum it up, you really need to just buy all of her dvds
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 08:47 PM  
edensmom

I love love love TLC. It isn't a circuit but you could do a premix that mixes in the Body Conditioning w/o.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 10:24 PM  
laurajhawk

I just want to mention that Mary's having a sale and lots of the KCMs are marked down

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 08:27 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I just want to mention that Mary's having a sale and lots of the KCMs are marked down
Yes...now is a great time to get them! Check out her sale!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio blast, kcm, kelly coffey meyer