Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-12, 05:47 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

RE: Lift, there is a premix that does not have any of the demos; it is short and to the point.

I did the combined workout last night ; was surprised it only lasted about 45 minutes including the w/u and c/d - my criticism is that it should have been an hour or 55 minutes since only 1 warmup was needed. I actually liked the workout;

So to round out my hour, I did the all cardio premix; I stopped at the half way point before she was going to REPEAT it all again.

BTW - I've yet to find a 'met' workout that doesn't repeat; Mike Donavak repeats, Patrick repeats, Peak10 repeats, Paul Katami repeats....So if there is one, please let me know.

The only workout KCM workout that I can think of that uses the 'cards' between exercises is the Cardio Blast, I just keep doing the move or start stepping earlier....so no wasted time.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-12, 07:29 PM  
lorajc

I loved this workout. Have been doing it daily since it arrive
d. Liked the music, moves, level, etc. Only wish it had an ab section and could have been a bit longer. For suggestions....mine would be to put both workouts on one DVD and make premixes with both workouts combined. Love Kelly :-)
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 12:07 PM  
CarlaShanti

I loved Plateau Buster. I did the first workout yesterday, and I had to stop the DVD twice to get a drink and walk it off a bit. If you lift heavy enough and hit the cardio hard, I don't see how you can think it's wasting your time. If it is, I think all of KCM would be wasting your time, because clearly you are way more advanced than what Kelly offers!

I loved the fact that we did it all then did it all again. Some days I want to do a straightforward workout that requires no thinking. One of the best things about Kelly is you don't have to be a dancer or able to retain some sort of quirky choreo to follow the workout. And she doesn't get so 'creative' you end up torquing your knees out of place, etc. So I hope she continues to make workouts like this for those of us who like them, even if she does other stuff for those who get bored.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 01:00 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
As for the repetition, that is one thing I love the most about Kelly's workouts but I know it bores some people to tears. I personally like repeating, perfecting the move. I don't like too much of a learning curve in my workouts. I have learning challages elsewhere in my life, I like my workouts to be mostly no brainers. Guess that is why I took to Leslie Sansone's workouts so much. What is boring repetition for many is pure bliss for me
LOL, this is me too, most times. Kelly, Erin, Ellen, Leslie, Miranda... pure bliss!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 01:10 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post

i know i can do the premix of this that is just one time through... but that's not a long enough workout for me.. and i was buying two thirty minute workouts... not one single one (which is about what doing one set of each would be)
Did you try the premix with just the bonus moves? It is 21 minutes but that includes the warmup (again). There are no cards between moves - it is just all the bonus moves back to back. I have only done workout #1 and was a little disappointed because it didn't seem long enough/ hard enough so I tacked on the premix just moving past the warmup into the bonus moves and felt much more worked out when I was done. I also liked the separate longer stretch at the end.

So you could do the premix with one round from each workout skip the cool-down and then tack on the bonus moves premix for a longer workout - that's how I plan on using this DVD. You are right that it only equals one workout this way, but since I only paid $13.99 on the pre-sale I don't feel too bad about it. I have paid much more for videos I have liked less.

Lori
Loriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 01:57 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
Sorry to say that I am another one who doesn't like this workout. I did have to follow the low impact modifier because I can't jump (bad knees) but that is not the only reason I don't like this one. I like Kelly's other dvd's but this is not her best. I will be trading this!!
I agree that I'm a Kelly fan but don't like these. I've already traded QuickFix. I tried workout 2 hoping it would better but I wanted to Joni O it. I've already done w/o 1&2 of Plateau Buster but I'm going to increase my weights and try again......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 04:08 PM  
jenn38

I like this wirkout. I did the 45 minute premix of both workouts and was a sweaty mess. I don't mind the repeating of sets as it is onlyb12 reps. This allows me to go heavier the second time through if needed. What I didn't like were some of the bonus moves.
Old 09-09-12, 04:33 PM  
amery

Just have to say I love this workouts. It really worked up a good sweat for me, but I could still go on with my day, with energy, when finished. If you are super advanced this workout probably would be too easy for you. I am on my feet all day at work and have two small children at home so this is as hard as I want to work.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 05:53 PM  
Mandy

I worked out to Plateau Buster workout #2. and to put it this way, It didn't leave me lying on the floor like I have to after I do Cathe's Crossfire but the PB cardio did get my heartrate anaerobic and time did fly by. It also had a no-dread feeling to it.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but nobody mentioned the funny filming after the stretch of workout #2. Everybody is putting away the weights and then the music come's back on and Kelly does some great dancing! It was fun to see Sam and Laurie do some boogie'ing too... I have to say that Sam is right up their with Cedie as my favorite background exerciser.
Old 09-09-12, 06:10 PM  
Buffgirl

I love this workout, I used 12 and 15 pounds for the heavy part and 7 for the light weights.
Is similar to JNL, but different exercises, plus you can go heavier in PB. I have been doing JNL for 5 weeks and PB gave me doms because the exercises are different.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, plateau buster