Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-09, 08:54 AM  
brendazzzz

Step Surge w/ Tonya Larson

I finally opened it this week and I'm wondering if it's working correctly. First of all it kind of makes a continual noise in the DVD player while it's turned on. Second of all, the warm-up starts off with a wham bam. You'd better hit play while standing in front of your step or you'll miss a couple of steps. Actually I'm wondering if it really is a warm-up. There's no build up to it, again, it's a wham bam. I can live with it and like the workout but was wondering if it might be defective.
brendazzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 10:11 AM  
westiemack

I don't know about the noise, but mine 'starts' the same way, unless I choose to start with the "introduction..." option. I think all the new CIAs might be like that, but don't quote me - it has been a few weeks since I've done them...

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 11:32 AM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I'm thinking all of the new CIA's start you right into it when you pick start from Warm-Up too. The noise thing doesn't sound right though.
Old 06-25-09, 12:15 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

The continuous noise doesn't seem right, but I've noticed the "introduction" part is so brief that I just start it there so it flows better---so I actually haven't noticed any difference in Tonya's workout than any other CIA. The intros are more of "this is X, Y and Z working out with me" and then they start with no fanfare.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 12:46 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I LOVE that they get right into the workout!!!

I start at the intro and when I do the Cardio Only premix, I just miss a couple of steps.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 01:13 PM  
westiegirl

I always start with the intro also. I don't recall hearing any noises. I'll have to check it out.
westiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 08:21 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I start with the intro as well (it's so short, I don't know why they even bother having it as a separate chapter.) I previewed once, but don't remember a weird sound.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 09:55 AM  
KathAL79

I only have Amy's CIA, and I agree that the intro is ridiculously short (and the chaptering could have been a little more careful in spots).

You know, my DVD and TV are both acting up. My DVD player is now 7 years old, and it does funny things like making whirring sounds when I insert some DVDs (although if I take them out and put them in later it's sometimes fine). It doesn't play all discs, and there's often no rhyme or reason why it's not playing even some pressed DVDs right now. And my TV, the same age, is now making popping noises!
One suggestion: do the old unplug and wait 20, 30, or 60 seconds, then replug it back in.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote