Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-09, 07:59 AM  
SandraC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorianne View Post
I hear ya, girlfriend!
that is what I've been trying to tell these girls!
I got rid of every single other dvd I owned. I only have CS. no kidding. & I'm talking alot of dvds & equipment. serious vidiot.
same thing happened to me Sandra. I started to shrink, yet kept looking more & more toned! no more cellulite. & the greatest thing was I didn't look flabby skinny. & fast is right.
I know people say that women can't bulk. but, even if you look at my profile picture in my Cathe album (me in the blue clothes). I was chunkier looking. & that was a year ago.
Lorianne, I just went and looked at your photos! Wow! You look great! I looked better after doing CS and The Bar Method, but nothing like that! I only did one 30 min. section of CS per day or 3 days a week, so I am hoping if I do it more often as you did, I will get even better results than I did before. I will write it again, Wow! Your results are impressive. I encourage you to share them with Miranda and Sahra. I am doubly inspired now.

SandraC
SandraC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I'm still weeding through this whole thread but I had to chime in about Classical Stretch, my new love! I have a messed up back - lots of muscle imbalances and such and since I started adding CS back in regularly it has made the BIGGEST difference in how I feel and even my chiropractor has noticed how much more balanced my left and right side are. I can't figure out why it works, but is sure does. I'm actually tempted to buy the textbook b/c I'm so curious about the "why" behind it all.

I haven't noticed any huge physical appearance results from doing the workouts, but I am generally pleased w/ myself in that regard at the moment, so sublte differences may not be that noticeable to me.

Since Sept (when I finally started addressing my back issues) my main focus has been walking (either TM or Leslie), Pilates, body weight exercises (like push-ups, etc.) and Classical Stretch. I don't feel that I have lost any ground in terms of strength or appearance in moving away from "traditional" strength training workouts (Cathe, Amy, Firm, etc.) but I am much less achey and I have very little "dread" going on with my workouts so it is easier to stay on track and be consistent. I sometimes throw in interval workouts here and there - like Jillian's Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism, etc. The simple moves in those are "back friendly" for me, even though they are high impact - I can focus on form since I'm not overly focused on choreography.

CS has truly been a back saver for me!!

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 09:22 AM  
Lorianne

thank you so much Sandra. I do feel great. I feel so much better now, then I did when I was in my 20's or 30's.
you know, I guess I should take some time & send an email to Miranda thanking her for such great results. that is a very good idea. I'll post you a reply if I get one.
& Sandra, I did get more toned from the other barre dvds. it just took me to a certain point. CS seemed to really elongate my muscles further. thanks again, & make sure you post your results for everyone!

& I agree Lucky Star, 2 hours of CS is just too much. & 1200 calories is just way too low for me. I'd be up for manslaughter on someone if that's all I ate in a day.
I like to do my workouts in the morning, get it over with. I don't like working out all day. here & there.
I think if you tweak your diet, & do the amount of exercise that is right for "you", anyone will get results. your rotation will work.

Donna, thanks for posting that. I've been waiting for the new 2009 series & this week, I have not done any CS, because of house remodelling. I figured I'd just walk on the treadmill. & I have already noticed with a break of 1 week, of how sore I am. everywhere, without the CS. CS is such a wonderful tool for the body.
if you read farther back, I too wrote about one side of my body was longer than the other. my doctor said I was uneven. I had one shoulder higher than the other. & one leg longer. LOL
& I had this crick in my leg that would crack alot at the hip joint, if I moved my leg around for any pilates type move?
anyhow, I'm getting off track as usual. the textbook, does go into great depth of the "why" of it all.
alot of the girls bought the book, they should be posting reviews soon. then you just won't have my opinion.
thanks again for sharing your story. & that's exactly how I feel about the CS, there is absolutely no dread factor at all.
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09, 10:41 AM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
This thread is intriguing ... I have a chronically cranky quad/hip flexor/inner thigh/groin issue resulting from a hiking injury - which CS would be the best to help calm this down?
Pat, I don't see why it shouldn't. Since it's athletic stretching there may be some original discomfort but I always feel good afterwards. (though now I have sort of a headache. I think miranda is the reason for it but this is something i refuse to give up)

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09, 05:14 PM  
Edie

Back In My Skinny Jeans!

Moved to new thread with same title.

Last edited by Edie; 05-24-09 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Thought I start a new thread for results on CS, since a lot of us are just starting to incorporate CS in rotations.
Edie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, results, season 5