Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-09, 12:38 PM  
normandy

Anyone Else Use Earphones When They Have Their Own Treadmill?

When my son gve me a treadmill and I stopped using the one in the condo rec room, I went to buy a speaker for my iPod workouts and music. But wow! the treadmill whooshing completely drowned out the sound from the speaker. So now I'm back to doing my cardiocoach workouts and listening to music with my earphonees. Is this nuts, or have any of you also had this experience? Just curious.
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 12:44 PM  
kandy

Me too

I have trouble hearing the television when I'm on my treadmill too. I am thinking of getting some TV Ears. I've always listened to my iPod with earphones because I love the sound and it keeps me focused but I did enjoy watching Ellen on my DVR, the time just flew!
kandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 03:52 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I bought the iPod speakers, as well. I used them just a couple of times. I had the same problem as you. So..I use the earphones all the time.

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 04:26 PM  
normandy

Thanks,gals, that makes me feel better. Kandy -- I don't know what TV ears are, but years ago, I had a long Radio Shack wire that connected from the TV to my earphones, and it was great but of course I got rid of it when my original treadmill broke, never dreaming I'd get another one. It sure is great not having to get dressed and go down to the condo rec room to work out at 6:00 a.m.!
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 04:33 PM  
kandy

TV Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandy View Post
Thanks,gals, that makes me feel better. Kandy -- I don't know what TV ears are, but years ago, I had a long Radio Shack wire that connected from the TV to my earphones, and it was great but of course I got rid of it when my original treadmill broke, never dreaming I'd get another one. It sure is great not having to get dressed and go down to the condo rec room to work out at 6:00 a.m.!
TV Ears are wireless headphones that pick up the frequency from your television, stereo or any other electronic device within a set distance (quite far). So whether you're watching a DVD or recorded program or live TV you can hear it through your headphones. With summer coming I really need to get a pair of these so that my neighbors don't have to watch whatever I'm watching LOL.
kandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 04:42 PM  
Sirren

lol yes yes!! i have a elliptical and i still use my ear phones for listening to music... I even pushed my elliptical CLOSE up against my tall computer desk and put my laptop on top of it and i watch tv shows with my headphones to.
Sirren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 04:54 PM  
Sophie

I do use earphones, sometimes, but usuallly because the tread is in the same room as the TV/wii, and the kids are often playing wiifit or something while I run. If I'm the only one in the house, I can turn the stereo up loud enough that the treadmill noise isn't too bad.

eta: what kind of speakers are you guys talking about? Maybe you need more power? Geez, I'm starting to sound like Red Green.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 05:47 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Yeas, I always use my headphones too except when I do kettlebells. I have to use the speaker otherwise the headphones fly off of my head!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 08:01 AM  
TessTN

Add me to the headphone users! My treadmill is so noisy that it would force me to turn up a stereo too loud for comfort otherwise. Too, and probably just as important, having on headphones drowns out me.

I find that if I can't hear myself huffing and puffing, I go harder and longer!

Tess

"Unlike a car which only has so many miles on it and wears out from over-use, people are the only “machines” on earth that fall apart from under-use."
--Tom Venuto
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle
TessTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 10:45 AM  
Sophie

I must either have a quiet treadmill or a loud stereo

The main reason I dislike headphones on the tread is that they keep falling out, and I hate the cord dangling around - it will often catch one of my hands, which in turn catches the emergency/safety strap on the tread, bringing everything to an abrupt halt.

So, I'd rather turn the speakers to 11

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote