Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-09, 01:00 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Barry's Bootcamp 1-Month Results---Shocking!

I was getting a little bored and thinking of changing it up to CLX or something. I guess I had better stick with the circuits! It's working for me. I have been doing circuits since the new year but took official measurements on Jan 25. Could not resist peeking at the tape measure today And...well, as I was saying. Better stick with it!

Weight: -2
Arms: No change
Bust: -2
Waist: -2
Thighs: -0.5

Not surprised with the weight; have not been 100% consistent with the eating, although I am off Weight Watchers now and using a tracking system which works better for me. But two inches off the waist is unheard of for me. And off the bust! That has never happened in my life.

I wonder what it is that's doing it. My suspicion is that the format really does come into play here and I push myself harder knowing that I only have to do something for a minute The bodyweight exercises are good for strength-building, but I am not sure how much they contribute to inch loss.

My routine, for the curious, was:

First 11 days of the year did Results 10 Days to a Better Body
Then added in BBC and other similar workouts
Usually took a rest day every third day, so: upper, lower, rest

Also walking about half an hour most days in the course of daily commute, but not working that as 'exercise' per se. Sometimes I took two days off and did Leslie, Tony Horton or other stuff just to mix it up. But for the most part, it was upper/lower/rest with the circuit-style workouts.

I am shocked by these results. And this with TWO rest days a week instead of just one, and not perfect eating.

I want to lose five more pounds in the next thirty days. I'll update you again mid-March
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 01:30 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

wow joanna - that's great!

i really want to intentionally schedule an extra rest day. i haven't tried it yet. i think an extra, intentional rest day does something to lower stress on the body and mentally stops you.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 06:30 AM  
gigi

Good for you! The BBC cardio has a major dread factor for me, but I may try a 4 week rotation alternating this with other circuits or the maintenence phase of CLX when I finish my CLX rotation.
Old 02-17-09, 06:58 AM  
Fit Kitty

Wow!

Wow, Joanna - what fantastic results! Keep us posted. I've been trying to resist BBC since before Xmas - and you're not making it any easier! I may cave...

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 07:12 AM  
jhardy

Congratulations, Joanna. I am so happy that you have found something that is working so well for you. Those are some very impressive results. Keep it up!!

Jen
jhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 07:17 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Congrats, Joanna on great results! Consistency and having a plan is the key...

You say that you're off WW and are using a tracking system which works better for you....what system is that? Thanks!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 07:41 AM  
Snuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna
My routine, for the curious, was:

First 11 days of the year did Results 10 Days to a Better Body
Then added in BBC and other similar workouts
Usually took a rest day every third day, so: upper, lower, rest
Joanna, I'm intrigued! What were the "similar" workouts you added to your routine?

I've been doing 10 days to a better body AND LOVING IT! I'm on day 6 and the results are wonderful. I too think that I benefit from this type of interval circuit training.

What really has me excited is that I'm not working out for an hour a day. It's just 30 minutes a day and I'm still getting good results. This totally fits into my busy schedule!!!

I was thinking about trying Tracey Mallet's 6 minute quick blast routine next to see what kind of results I'd get. Have you tried her workouts?

I too have been avoiding Barry's Bootcamp but I just noticed that these workouts are less then 30 minutes. You're doing the Fat Blaster Kit, right?

Sorry for rambling on but this is huge for me! I'm a busy Mom, Wife and work outside of the home so working out and getting results in 30 minutes or less per day is exciting! I don't have to carve out an hour every day feeling guilty . . . you have no idea how huge & exciting . . . no idea . . .
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 07:51 AM  
Tugger31

Are you referring to the Original BBC??
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 08:52 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Usia, I am using the food mover Richard Simmons used to include with his dvds. I will be blogging about it on Spark People today (link in my profile) is you want to read more about it. I don't think I can say much more than that here.

The newest Barry's Bootcamp has been my primary workout, and when I want to mix it up, I have used:

One on One with Jackie (hated it and immediately got rid of it)
Power 90 and Ten-Minute Trainer
Barry's Bootcamp Academy (only the arms and lower body ones)
30-Day Shred (it was okay but I find BBC harder so I only did two days with this)
Leslie's Walk Strong and Walk Slim (the interval one)
Jillian Michaels Maximize (great routines but only uses very light weights)

I also have but have not yet used too much:

Minna's One-Minute Workout
Joyce's Interval Aerobics/Fat Zapper
Tracey's Quick Blast

I do two days with each; I am anal about that. I did Maximize Disk 1 yesterday so had to do Disk 2 today Tomorrow will be a day off, but I want to try Jillian's Kickbox workout so I may do that just for fun.

ETA: Blog post done...
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 12:42 PM  
ADoll

WOW! Great results Joanna!

I bought BBC with my Christmas gift card and haven't tried it yet. I guess I have to crack it open to see results.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barry's bootcamp