Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-15, 09:45 PM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Good for you! And when you hear Debbie's comments at the beginning/end of a PINK workout, you'll have that encouragement as well.

Looking forward to hearing if you like the set when you get it.

I too have one of those 100lb sets, with the 15#bar. That's my intent too, to work back up to that. And oh yeah, maybe one day I may even be able to once again power clean my Oly bar in the basement ...
Ahh I will let you know how it goes!

That 100lb set is a great set. I have added 4 extra 1 & 1/4lb plates for that set to help with smaller incremental increases [they fit my dumbbells too].

I have to let go of my past ability to lift heavy as I need to start wherever I'm at now. If that means 5-15lb barbell, then so be it. Still doesn't stop me from dreaming about a 35lb kettlebell...maybe next Christmas
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 10:19 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
I was successfully enabled.

First for the bar...I own a full 100lb weight set but the barbell itself weights 15lbs. I used to be very strong but I've lost so much strength with this asthma that I am concerned about my joints when I start back. I need to follow my trainers philosophy...mobility & flexibility first, as strength comes after preparing the joints. I was initially disappointed that this set only comes with 4 of the 2.5lbs weights as the full barbell is only 15lbs total. I think the Jillian Crossbar comes with #8 x2.5lb plates so I would think the PINK barbell could hold that many, but I can't find any plates for sale separately. Oh well...by the time this PINK barbell becomes easy for me, I can move on to my other set. I keep telling myself the tortoise wins! I think this PINK barbell will get me there.

I was sad that I cannot return to my gym because of my asthma. [Laundry/fabric softener fragrance severely exacerbates my lungs] Before I had to stop I was about to start taking the class once a week that worked on basic lifts. It's a great complement to kettlebell training. With the acceptance that I have to do things differently now, I'm enjoying setting up my own gym in the spare bedroom. Now your rave about the DVD's is a real bonus, so I'm excited to try them and learn how to do these lifts correctly and safely.

So I really want to Thank You nckfitheart for posting about this Groupon and FirmDancer for your further enabling...er review LOL.

It's been a rough couple years... On my bad days I have doubts and think I'm nuts for thinking I can get strong again. But on the better days I'm quick to say to myself I'm NOT giving up!!!
Wow, buttons that's rough. I can tell you will be successful at regaining your strength and power because of your language. We all hear people explain why they can't do this or that and it's mostly just excuses. What I am hearing from you is that you have obstacles but you have a sensible plan to work around your limitations because it's important to you. It's very nice to hear and I wish you the best of luck.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-15, 01:13 PM  
lisarah

I also love KCM's lift - even tho I don't do it often enough. It is really one of a kind.

Also, thanks for posting about the PINK set - I grabbed one!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 04:09 PM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Wow, buttons that's rough. I can tell you will be successful at regaining your strength and power because of your language. We all hear people explain why they can't do this or that and it's mostly just excuses. What I am hearing from you is that you have obstacles but you have a sensible plan to work around your limitations because it's important to you. It's very nice to hear and I wish you the best of luck.

Ahh Chomper... I so appreciate your kindness. Acceptance and then creating a new life for myself has been my focus this year. Actually my word for 2015 is "Cultivate". It's an ongoing process.
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 06:17 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckfitheart View Post
Hello,

I am just retrieving this thread to let you know about Weider PINK system. A lady in our check in from cathe forum has reported it being back on stock! walmart and groupon.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-wei...orkout-dvd-kit

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/bodyb...295229/page-78

Happy shopping to you ladies
Thanks for posting this, I LOVE deals like this, I was slightly interested at $50, but don't really need it right now, but for 20 bucks, no way I can resist.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 07:50 AM  
MuscleWoman
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckfitheart View Post
Hello,

I am just retrieving this thread to let you know about Weider PINK system. A lady in our check in from cathe forum has reported it being back on stock! walmart and groupon.

Thanks for posting nckfitheart.. could't pass this up for $20!
MuscleWoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, olympic lifting, weider pink system