Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-15, 03:54 PM  
SeptemberGirl

Mine is to be consistent with workouts and not suffer from analysis-paralysis when selecting a workout (which means if I write down a workout rotation to cover a few weeks, that means I have to commit to it and be disciplined!)
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 03:59 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
My goals are to take things down a notch I'm going to try to stick with intermediate workouts, or at least modify down to intermediate. .... I want to be injury free, pain free, and increase my energy.
This. I've decided I'd rather exercise moderately every day than intensely and feel lousy for several days. And as videofit said, 'not eat crappily'!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 04:07 PM  
Kitten

In 2016, I get to work on maintaining.
Whoo-hoo! *does a little dance, shakes a much smaller booty*
I will be doing:
Jari Love, a recent discovery of mine, who I'm totally in love with right now
Leslie Sansone, I love what she's done for my legs
Yoga/stretching, I could really kick 25 year old me in the shins for blowing off flexibility work
And continuing to have Saturday as fun fitness day. Whatever strikes my fancy that day be it Jane or a Classic Firm or I decide to go tobogganing.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 08:45 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I hurt my left knee pretty badly in mid-October so I've been doing lots of chair yoga and other chair exercises. I'm finally getting better to the point I'm doing KCM's Lean Body Circuits (not squatting as deep as I usually do) and others of hers. I'm hoping to just continue to get better and stronger, and to stay injury-free next year. I hate not being able to work out as much as I want. I'm looking forward to KCM's two new ones and to ICE.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 09:35 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

My fitness plan for 2016 is to be more consistent in my fitness routine and focus on what I've been doing in 2015 but more of it. That means, I want to do more of HDM, barre workouts and definitely more stretching whether it's yoga or CS/Essentrics. I also want to maintain a more positive outlook on life in general. Year 2015 was a tough year for me, but 2016 will be better! I have to focus on that!
Old 12-04-15, 11:34 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

My fitness plan for 2016 is to do workouts that are shorter and more focused. This year, I have been doing long and multiple workouts on the same day. I want to change my approach to "less is more" as opposed to "more is more." I think it will provide for better consistency and less fatigue.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 12:40 AM  
Taiga

I think the last time I was really excited about my "start of the New Year" program was with P90X2. I always enjoy planning that first rotation but some have been more exciting than others. I usually like to kick off with a strength program but I'm thinking I need more flexibility focus dt longer hours in the work chair. Barre, Bendy Body, Lastics, maybe finally try some HDM if he has a New Year's sale. I'm thinking Body Beast 2 will come along then and I can dig into that. Just could not order Hammer and Chisel because Autumn is not my cup of tea. Too bad as I do love a fresh BB set to start the year. Fortunately, no shortage of good choices and I love flexibility training.
Old 12-05-15, 02:17 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I started D2S in the middle of November, and enjoying it so far (it was a welcome and most needed change of pace), so I'm planning to keep it up with it until the end (hopefully). I then would love to do CLX and DeltaFit, I'm mostly interested on full short body workouts at the moment with one to two cardio a week, and those seems to fit my plan nicely. I'm also planning to add CS (my new love) into the mix 2-3 a week. I might do a flexibility mini rotation into the middle of each strength rotation (Ballet, Pilates, CS). Let's see...

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 04:35 AM  
Tugger31

In October I peaked at my highest weight ever and finally got into the right mindset about weight loss and my workouts. Day 1 was October 11th and since then I have lost just over 9 lbs. My goal is 15-20 lbs. I have not been doing anything magical except NOT stressing about every little thing I put into my mouth and NOT stressing about specific workouts or trying to make every workout intense.

My goal is to continue this mindset with no particular goal to when I have to lose weight by or how much weight I "need" to lose each week. I will continue to just cut back on mindless snacking, incorporating more veggies and making healthier choices, but also letting myself enjoy food.

For my workouts, my focus will continue to be consistency, not intensity. I do want to make improving my flexibility a goal. I will be doing Cathe's ICE, would like to purchase the Barlates set with the Fusion Mat and incorporate those too. I am doing my first 10K in April and I plan to walk/jog it and I will continue my weekly walk/jog training day. Specifically I am working on changing my quad dominant lower body and working more on glutes. I have been doing Butt Bible and in 2016 plan to move on to Edge Booty Extreme 2 at least once a week.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 08:06 AM  
Tanja

Health

I have been battling PF since August and every time I think it's cured, I have a flare up. I know I was doing too many workouts a week (13, two a day - mornings and evenings on four days and only one the remaining days) but I had fun and felt great. The short recovery hours, combined with having to be active at work, finally made my heel hurt pretty bad so that I cut out running, impact, rebounding, even longer Yoga workouts, etc. The other day I was shopping for new athletic shoes and tried a lot of different shoes on and even this caused a flare up . Dansko XP are a life saver for me - even better than Clarks. It is one step forward and two steps back. As I have reached my workout days goal for this year (300), I will take it easy in December.
For the new year, I want to continue to cross train, emphasize weights and flexibility.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote