Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-15, 07:22 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

1. My mom was going to name me Steve or Linda. She apparently blurted out Joan after the delivery drugs. My VF name is my given nickname and my last initial.

2. Carhop at A&W when I was 15 or 16.

3. Aerobic weight training.

4. I don't eat pizza anymore. Fave used to be chicken/spinach/Feta cheese.

5. I'm retired with pay. I work out 6 mornings a week, then walk with hubby. I'm a cat adoption volunteer at the shelter six 3-hour shifts a month and do whatever I damn well please the rest of the time. :-). Hubby and I are starting to travel more.

6. I exercise because it makes me feel great and keeps my body strong and toned.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 07:45 AM  
Indy

1. My VF name is after my first dog who I loved so dearly.

2. I think it was working the train at the mall.

3. My favorite workout is Step. Complicated.

4. I love Pizza - favorite food but alas I don't have it too often. From my favorite pizzeria I'll have it plain. Any other kind, my signature pizza is pepperoni, mushrooms and black olives.

5. I'd stay home. I love where I live and constantly just work just to be there as much as possible.

6. Vanity and strength - that motivates me to exercise.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 08:28 AM  
mrsyancy

Well my name is LaQuitta. My sisters, my cousins and I were all named by my great aunt Jesse( whom I never met and was told that she was a really mean woman)...lol. Some of us have simple names and some of us a little less simple....lol. My vf name is my husbands first name bc when people can't remember my name and know my DH they just call me mrsyancy and I'm good with that bc I love that man to pieces

My first job was a summer job when I was 13 or 14 that I can't remember exactly what I did

I love all types of workouts and just love to workout. I get the most high from running tho

I love pizza but try not to eat it often. I love a plain cheese, meats pizza, chicken, onions and spinach. No black olives, anchovies or pineapples(and I love pineapples, just not on my pizza...lol)

I would do a little traveling with my DH and my kids and then just relax and enjoy the time with my kids and hubby

I love working out. Don't get me wrong I want to look better than I do now, but I have come to realize that I truly workout for my sanity bc I haven't really lost weight since I regained my weight in 2012 after going through a short depression, and that hasn't discouraged me from working out at all. It truly de-stresses me and you know what "they" say; if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy....lol
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 08:32 AM  
dlb

1. Why did you choose your VF name? My initials & easy to remember

2. What was your first paying job? After babysitting, car hop at Dog & Suds

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? If I had to choose one, it would be Fusion style

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? All veggies & cheese on thin crust

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Volunteer at animal shelters, work with my dogs on a consistant basis, take cooking classes & learn to quilt , knit & crochet

6. What motivates you to exercise? Exercise energizes me & I want to remain strong & limber as I approach my second half of my life
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 08:56 AM  
Sissy B

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one)
My name is hard to spell & pronounce so my youngest brother named me Sissy when he was learning to talk.

2. What was your first paying job?
Babysitting, then working as a cashier at the grocery store in high school

3. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Strength Training, Kettlebells, Boxing on the Wii

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?
Mushrooms, DH always wants to get a meat pizza, but I make sure they add mushrooms.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do?
Move to a college town and take advantage of all the sporting events and cultural events offered, maybe even take a couple of classes for fun. I would also do some traveling.

6. What motivates you to exercise?
I want to be healthy, fit & strong.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:03 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

1. Why were you given your name? - My dad named both me and my sister. No reason given, he just liked it.

2. What was your first paying job? Me and some of my girlfriends had a babysitting club.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? Zumba

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Pepperoni and mushroom

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Go back to school to learn court reporting/broadcast captioning.

6. What motivates you to exercise? My health
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:13 AM  
JENILU

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? My mom named me Jennifer mainly because she loved the nickname Jennie (she wanted me to grow up with that, but most called me Jennifer)- which is how I got my nickname/VF name. My sister and my brother and law started dating when I was around 2, and he always called me Jenny Loo (Jennifer Lucile), and it stuck.

2. What was your first paying job? I did babysit my Niece and Nephew, but first real job was cashier at Krystal's when I was 17.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? Yoga and flowy walking/standing pilates type workouts

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? I dream of the day when I can eat pizza!! We joke about sitting in front of the ER and binging on it, lol. Mushrooms, groundbeef, sausage, bacon, pepperoni, onions, lots of sheese, jalapenos

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? I would get the Gaines' from Fixer Upper to redo me a house while I travel around the world with my sweetie and take yoga trainings from the best teachers, and go with my son to Ireland. (Lol, whose salary for a year are we talking about?)

6. What motivates you to exercise? The people who need me to stay alive; relief from pain and anxiety/depression; the lovely people here!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:13 AM  
SeptemberGirl

Fun!

I chose my VF name because my birthday is in September and I love fall.

2. What was your first paying job? My first paying job was babysitting. But if that doesn't count, I worked at Nordstrom as a summer job during my senior year of college.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? I love aerobic weight training, weights, or metabolic training.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Extra cheese, green peppers, and mushrooms

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? I would dedicate myself to daily workouts and tv

6. What motivates you to exercise? Seeing my jiggly abs and wishing the fat would go away from there once and for all.
Old 10-26-15, 09:23 AM  
upperwside

Brigitte.. my Dad loved Brigitte Bardot. VF name upperwside as I lived on the upper west side in NYC when I joined.

2. What was your first paying job?

Babysitting .. I did a lot of it and I played with the kiddos and they slept well.. parents loved me.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise?

Weights and kettlebells for strength.. Kickboxing, rebounding and dog walking for that feel good factor.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?

Pistachio pesto and spicy sausage.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do?

I am a stay at home mum.. so I do what I like... but it would be nice to travel for a year with my husband and kiddos.

6. What motivates you to exercise?

It makes me feel good.. my body look good and I want to age and be mobile and fit as I age. I'm 43 next month and I feel 25 but way more confident and mature!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:49 AM  
gladgirl

1. Why were you given your name? named after my mom's very good friend
2. What was your first paying job? in a factory, cleaning coils...where I met a wonderful woman who sat across from me and told me about all the wonderful books she read...and then passed many down to me. Taylor Caldwell and many more

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? right now, am loving my pilates classes

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? cheese, pepperoni, and veggies...sometimes a touch of truffle oil

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? sleep a bit more

6. What motivates you to exercise? my health and well-being
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, user name