Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-20, 09:56 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

How about “The Naturalist” series by Andrew Mayne? It has lots of interesting science info but at the same time amusing. There are four books in the series now. I enjoyed #1 and #4 the most but the other two were still very good.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 10:18 AM  
sugar rose

Ruth Rendell's books are wonderful if you like psychological suspense! For some reason she's not as popular here as she is in the UK. She has the Inspector Wexford series, as well as some without Inspector Wexford and then some written under her pen name Barbara Vine.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 10:48 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar rose View Post
Ruth Rendell's books are wonderful if you like psychological suspense! For some reason she's not as popular here as she is in the UK. She has the Inspector Wexford series, as well as some without Inspector Wexford and then some written under her pen name Barbara Vine.
Sugar Rose, have you read the British author Margaret Yorke? I think you would enjoy her if you like Ruth Rendell.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 12:26 PM  
loulou

If you liked Jo Nesbo you might like the Jussi Adler-Olsen Department Q series beginning with "The Keeper of Lost Causes".

Scandinavian. Dark but humorous. It is also a series they made into movies in Denmark from the first four books. They were on Hulu beginning with that title. Then I believe it was "The Absent One " and "Conspiracy of Faith". The character casting from the books to the movies was really well done. Have to like subtitles though.

It's an 8 book series.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 02:27 PM  
Tugger31

I actually have Hard Country on my Kindle already! Going to check out Adler-Olsen, Ruth Rendell and many others that are new to me thanks to everyone's awesome responses
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 12:04 AM  
sugar rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Sugar Rose, have you read the British author Margaret Yorke? I think you would enjoy her if you like Ruth Rendell.
Sherry, thank you for the recommendation! I've never heard of Margaret Yorke. I will look for her books when my library opens up. Hopefully it won't be too long! Thank you!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Old 04-08-20, 02:11 PM  
sugar rose