Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-04-20, 08:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I spent most of Friday getting groceries - what I could find - & working at the School. By the time I got home I wasn't in the mood for anything too strenuous so I did:

Ellen Barrett - Cardio Core - 20 minutes & Yoga Tone - 30 minutes

Both of these streaming workouts were very low-key, even for Ellen. Exactly what I wanted. We had a cold front blow through Thursday night, and it was windy and cool all day, so no dog walk. Hopefully we can get out with the doggies later today.

Linda - Challenge accepted. I promise to get that DVD out and at least crack open the case.

Dana - Sing Happy Birthday to Basil for us, please? 18 years old - wow!

Hello to Donna, Cheri, Christine and Brenda!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 10:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

This morning was:

Ellen's Barre Conditioning
Trifecta Pilates - Strength & Connection (1st half). I'm finding if I break up the longer Trifecta workouts it works well for me!

We will get a walk in outdoors and then I'll finish the Pilates workout afterwards.

Yesterday my "spark" was Trifecta Pilates - Standing Weights - which was a bit more of a traditional weight workout - it was only 15 minutes so it was a good one for a quick mid day workout. DD and I also took a walk.

Grocery shopping is interesting - we are doing delivery but you really have to plan ahead as it can take several weeks for your delivery to arrive - but I'd rather do that than go out and get stuff in the store. Once this is all over I may continue to do grocery delivery - I have always detested grocery shopping and if not for the shortages, this would be a good way of avoiding it!

Dana - happy b/day to Basil!!!

Linda - which Ellen workouts do you have? My DD got a mailer from U of Tenn the other day, made me think of you!

Carol - nice job.....

Christine - how are you? Brenda?

waves, Cheri...
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 11:07 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I passed the birthday wishes to Basil and gave him lots of hugs. He always welcomes hugs. He's very affectionate and there is no such thing for him as too many hugs.

Checking in with:

GHUTV Walk & Tone to the Max - 40min. I really like this one and it's definitely not a beginners workout for me. I find the strength training quite challenging.
ePilates Total Body Stretch - 15min. Felt really good. Emma posted a new Yin Yoga Intro Class for Fear & Anxiety - 47min long that I want to try. Hopefully I'll do that today.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!
Old 04-04-20, 03:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

donna mailer from UT? How funny! I am trying to decide for tomorrow a cardio with very little toning work..so it's between Peace love cardio and Barefoot Cardio...which do you recommend?

Carol ...feel free to send me a challenge of your own anytime ..turn about is fair play after all.

Today was Cardio and weights. I will need to practice the cardio to enjoy this one. But it will definitely be one I return to at some point.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful Saturday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 04:19 PM  
donnamp

Hi-

Linda Peace, Love and Cardio is shorter and less intense than Barefoot Cardio. BC is 45 min kind of a "sister" to Fat Burning Fusion. I did take some time for P, L & C to grow on me, but now I like it!

Hope everyone is doing well - got the dogs walked and finished a little bit more of Trifecta's practice from this morning.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 04:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna.. thanks!! That sounds like exactly the one I want to do

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-04-20, 05:20 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I did some workouts at the end of March I never reported, but moving on to a clean slate in April...

Friday: 60 min. step/weights while watching The Hobbit parts 1 & 2 with the boys
Saturday: 30 min. walk/read

I did a thing yesterday: I applied to a local community college. I have my bachelor's degree (psychology major with a minor in business) but want more specific training so I can work in accounting/bookkeeping at some point. I LOVE being a student so I'm excited. I'm planning on just taking one class, online of course, and we'll see how many I take at a time after that. I'm tipping my toe to the water.

Donna, I'm with you on the grocery shopping...NOT my favorite thing. We live too far away for delivery but Walmart grocery pickup is my friend right now.

Christine, I'm sorry you are sick!! I pray for a positive update!

Happy birthday, Basil! Our oldest cat is 16 and has gotten cantankerous over the years. I figure she was such a good hunter for so long that she deserves the chance to be crabby. LOL

Happy April, everyone!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 06:07 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,
I just found out that my test was negative. I'm so relieved. My doctor thinks it's an unrelated virus. I still feel pretty terrible, but at least it's not that. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes!

Dana, Happy Birthday to Basil!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 07:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Hi everyone,
I just found out that my test was negative. I'm so relieved. My doctor thinks it's an unrelated virus. I still feel pretty terrible, but at least it's not that. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes!

Dana, Happy Birthday to Basil!!
Oh Christine..I'm so relieved.

There is an unrelated virus that is spreading through the country but not getting much press bc of covid. Rest well and thanks for the update!!

Old 04-05-20, 06:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were:

Cathe - Fit Tower: Beginner Slim & Trim - 35 minutes;
Dog Walk - 30 minutes

I always enjoy Cathe's Fit Tower workouts, especially the easier ones that came with the Tower, so I may stick with those for a while.

Also worked some yesterday at the School gathering up the documents we needed for the Payroll Protection Act loan.

Brenda - I'm very relieved to see you - I was borrowing trouble and thinking you were sick. I think that's so exciting about enrolling at your local Community College. I love accounting! And I love being a student too! Wishing you great success on your new adventure!

Christine - So glad to hear your good news as well! Hope you are on the mend. I do think there's something else going around - one of our secretaries who is never sick had something over Thanksgiving that literally took her 6 weeks to get over and she was sick as a dog. They just said it was some virus...

Dana - I haven't done the Walk & Tone to the Max workout, but I would agreed that some of Chris' "beginner" workouts are not beginner level for me.

Donna - Peace, Love and Cardio isn't too bad. I need to remember that one.

Linda - I did crack open the case of ME, but chickened out for now.

I'm up early to go to WalMart in hopes of getting some things I haven't been able to find lately.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote