Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-06-20, 07:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

For this week, at least as of right now, LOL, I think I will do Jessica's Plug & Play Rotation - it is set up like this:

Day 1 - Strength
Day 2 - Cardio
Day 3 - Strength
Day 4 - Core & Cardio
Day 5 - Strength
Day 6 - Pilates/Yoga/Fusion
Day 7 - Stretch/rest

You basically just pick from her playlist based on the time you want to workout and the type of workout you want to do:

https://jessicasmithtv.com/plug-play...tion-playlist/

So, for today I did:

Jessica - 16 Min Standing Strength Circuit - this was pretty low on the dread scale, straightforward, not too fast, not boring either!

Trifecta - Pilates Kickstart Day # 1 - I like this series - and Beth is releasing it on You Tube this week. On her membership site, this week's workouts are either long (an hour) or short and not my cup of tea - meditation - I know it is probably something I should do - but I'm really too antsy - which probably means I need to do it - but with all that is going on in the world right now - my mission is just to be kind to myself and do what I want when I have control over the choice!

I will fit some sort of "spark" in this afternoon as well as the regularly scheduled dog walk.

Yesterday's spark was one of the workouts from the Fit in 10 DVD set - I think it was total body. I also walked the dogs with DD.

Sherry - I find that short workouts are the key for me, too, I can't gear myself up to do anything that is very long, but once I get started, I'm ok and can keep going. There are a few "new to me" workouts on Jessica's You Tube channel that I'm looking forward to doing this week. weak abs and weak glutes definitely contribute to lower back pain....I think I have both from sitting so much.

wishiwasinhawaii - I agree, too much news right now is not good. I try not to listen or watch too much of it. My DH, however, is in the news business so he keeps me informed. A Tiger in NYC has corona! The Tiger got it from the trainer.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 06:09 PM  
Leonana

No workout today, I did some painting. I'm not starting the living room until tomorrow, but I painted the side of one of my kitchen cabinets today, with some leftover paint. It's the side behind my trash can, at the entrance to the kitchen. The stain was rubbed off, so I decided to paint it off white, like the wall next to it. I think it looks pretty good. I would love to have white cabinets, but it will be awhile before we can replace them, and they are too old to paint. About a month ago, I did touch up the stain on the cabinets, so they look much nicer.

I did go to the grocery store today. I haven’t done online, there are always things I am out of now. I noticed almost everyone was wearing a cloth mask. I don't have any, and I tried to make the no sew one, and it fell apart on me. I have three N95 masks that a friend gave dh, so I can use those, and we have some dust masks. I just ordered two cloth masks from Etsy that should be here in 12 days.

We have warmer weather here, highs in low 80's, lows are in the 50's. It's my favorite time of year, I love this weather. It's supposed to cool down to the 60's on Friday, but back to 80's next week.

Donna, I really like Jessica's newest you tube workouts, although they are probably a year old. I think she did them while newly pregnant, so they are just my speed, lol.
Old 04-07-20, 07:01 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday was very busy at work so I went for a walk in the morning and that was all I had time for. I try to walk early when there are very few people out. I just came back from a walk and I hope I'll have time to do a workout later.

Donna, I clicked on the plug and play link, but it gave me a 404 error. I did find this though. Is this the same thing? I had no idea Jessica had a plug and play list, so thanks!

Sherry, You're getting a lot done in your house! I'm glad people there are wearing masks. I see very few people here wearing them.
Old 04-07-20, 07:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Continuing with Jessica today! I did:

Jessica - 20 min fat burning cardio - this was from her "healthy for the holidays" playlist. I wanted cardio in under 30 minutes that was not walking based.

Blessful Body - Inner Core Pilates - this was a 30 min routine. While I like her stuff, it generally does have the same feel the routines don't feel very different from each other - except for a few that are specific to a particular body part.

Yesterday DD and I walked the dogs - hope we can do so again today - it looks rainy out. But, as long as it doesn't rain we will go! I also did Blessful Body hip stretching routine afterwards.

Sherry - good for you for keeping busy with house projects! Jessica's newer workouts are also my speed - today's was a bit fast paced, and I modified to low impact throughout. I ordered some masks and gloves from Amazon. They should be here in a few weeks, they aren't the N95 type, but I'll take what I can get - I can't sew and don't have any fabric anyway. If I am desperate, I guess I'll just wear a regular scarf! I'm trying to avoid leaving the house at all except for walks in the neighborhood. The grocery delivery option is not perfect, but works for me right now.

wishiwasinhawaii - yes, that is it! I like it b/c it gives me some structure, but also some freedom. Since I'm so into "sparking" lately I may look at trying some Blogilates workouts - Cassey is way over the top cheerful, but maybe that is what we need right now. She puts out a monthly calendar for free that basically combines her You Tube workouts into a rotation. I am finding that I prefer to do exercise in short bursts rather than long sessions. Today felt long to me - Jessica's 20 min was fine, but the Pilates dragged on!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-08-20, 07:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Feeling really stiff and achey this morning, so I didn't feel like weights today - at least not first thing in the morning!

I tried a new to me You Tube channel - Pilates & Yoga with Katja - I did the "morning yoga Pilates sequence to start your day" practice and it really hit the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnG...kCyhG_pofQKJ1A

If I feel like it I will do a short weight workout this afternoon as a break from sitting at my desk. I was thinking of Jessica's Back Friendly workout - if I have the time or maybe a Fit in 10 or something. Yesterday I did a quick workout w/ Blogilates in the afternoon just a break from sitting.

DD and I took a walk last night and will do the same tonight!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 04-08-20, 09:48 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday was a Pahla Bowers 25 Minute Low Impact Power Walk, her newest one. I really liked it, it got my heart rate up, although I went a bit faster than Pahla. I need to save it in my cardio folder. Today is painting day, I'm painting one wall in the living room. I've decided I need to space it out, so I don't get over tired. Also, it will make it easier to move furniture around to paint. I might need to do a stretch in the evening.

Donna, short workouts while you work sounds like a great idea. I notice my lower back bothers me when I sit at our computer for long periods of time. I just ordered the CeraVe tinted sunscreen from Amazon. I needed some enzyme cleaner, one of my cats is acting out, fortunately on the tile floor, so easy cleanup! So I decided to add the sunscreen in the order while I had free shipping.
Old 04-09-20, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning's workouts were:

Jenny Ford - March Across America Utah - this is on her new Freedom Fit You Tube Channel. I needed to see some nice scenery this morning and Jenny is such a pleasure to workout with -

Jessica Valent - Detox Workout - not surprisingly, a lot of twists.

Yesterday I ended up doing 2 Fit in 10 workouts as a break from sitting. I like the workout format of those. For me, it is a low dread way to get some strength training in. DD and I also walked the dogs.

Today I'll do something mid day to relieve the sitting posture and then a dog walk again if not raining.

Sherry - let me know about that sunscreen! I'm really trying to work through what I have here in "stock" first! I like Pahla's workouts - she talks a lot but it is all pretty informative.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
Old 04-09-20, 02:47 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was about six hours of prepping and painting three walls in the living room. Four to go! But I was pretty tired today, and my back was stiff, so I'm taking a rest day. Tomorrow I'll start again. I'm doing laundry today, and made a Trader Joe's run. It was so nice to get in early because I'm a senior! I seem to be averaging twice a week for store runs, we keep running out of something. I'm trying hard to get down to once a week. I must be a poor planner. One problem is that the stores were out of everything, so I kept going back to find different items. Now that stores are better stocked, I'm hoping to cut down on trips. How do people shop once every two weeks with items like milk? And with limits, I'm finding it hard to stock up for two weeks.

A friend gave me two cloth masks, so I wore one today. I had to take off my glasses and hang my hearing aids down off the sides, but it worked.

Donna, I'm supposed to get the sunscreen on the 17th. I'll let you know!
Old 04-10-20, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I finished yesterday up with an outdoor walk and a post run yoga practice from Pilates & Yoga w/ Katja on You Tube - the yoga practice was very nice and started off with some foam rolling. I look forward to doing more from this channel!

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Valent - "Create Some Space" Pilates workout.

Sometimes, Jessica's workouts really hit the spot for me - this was one of them.

Will walk later and maybe a burst in there somewhere. I'm trying to take off from work early today - but we shall see how the day goes. I was supposed to be off but I'm so busy right now.

Sherry - looking forward to hearing about the sunscreen! I finished the Cerave Ultra Light sunscreen today - I like that one - but I'm going to use up some of what I have before I consider re-ordering. You are really making good use of your "quarantine" with all these projects. I think we are able to go so long w/ out a grocery run b/c my DH tends to be a pack rat and we had a fairly decent supply to start with. We're mostly doing w/out fresh vegetables and fruit - which is unfortunate, but I'm pretty leary of going out. I'm looking into some farmer's market delivery options for fresh fruit/veggies. I just saw that Panera is offering pick up of limited groceries.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-10-20, 12:18 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been working my way through Jessica's Plug and Play calendar. Thanks, Donna for posting that. I've been following Jessica for years and I don't know how I never knew about this! But it's perfect for what I need right now.

Donna, I've been ordering groceries online and it's been great. I've done it twice now and have been pretty lucky that they've had almost everything I ordered. I am not ordering fresh fruit or vegetables though because I don't trust it right now, so I've been using frozen vegetables and packaged fruit.

I found out a local college is having a farmers market every Friday morning, so I'm going to check that out next week. I was going to go today but was too busy with work and it has been extremely windy here, so I have no desire to go out. It shouldn't be too risky to go because we are all required to wear a mask when we go out here now and it's outside, so we'll see how it goes.

Sherry, It's great you're getting so much done in your house. I'm hoping to do some tomorrow.

Waves!

Tags
jessica smith get strong