Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-05-20, 09:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 63 minute walk, most of it with DH. He just took a little bit of a short cut home at the very end. I am hoping for another walk today and more. I need to do some pilates I think.

NORA, nice walk and good for you with the DOMS. I have some too from the Cathe chest presses and push ups the other day. LOL on the code speak.
We all speak that same language here so you made perfect sense. I should probably venture out to walk on those drizzly days. I used to not want to get my hair frizzed up in the rain but it doesn't really matter now .

SHERRI, oh no!! So sorry to hear about your back acting up again. That's so miserable. I too hope this coming week is better for you. Good job with the workouts you did get done though.

Waves to all!! Have a safe and healthy week!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 09:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute walk, part of it with DD. I would have walked longer but I was getting irritated at having to zigzag across the street all the time. There is just so many people out walking and kids out playing and riding bikes it's hard to keep a distance. Everyone is doing their best but there's just too many people out. I am planning another walk today, the weather is delightful. I'm hoping since it's Monday there won't be so many people out but since a lot of people are home that may not be the case. I'm also going to try for some pilates or weight work too.

Waves to all! Stay safe and healthy!
Old 04-06-20, 09:13 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - LOL about hair not really mattering these days. Ain't it the truth. That is too bad about the zig-zag walking. What a pain it must be. I count myself lucky these days, for living on a dirt road in the countryside. I saw a total of 5 people on my one hour walk today.

I may be rural but am 20 minutes from a small city where a WalMart customer objected to social distancing and ran down a security guard who is a father of 5. Crazy times.

Today: aforementioned walk and STS CSB
Yesterday: one hour walk and yoga - Barbara Benagh standing poses.

Sherri - Sorry to hear that your back is acting up.
Old 04-07-20, 08:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Tracey Mallett's pilates super sculpt dvd and a 72 minute walk with DS and DH. Well poor DH had to cut out the last mile or so. He went from hardly ever walking to doing over an hour in less than 2 weeks and his legs were hurting yesterday. I told him maybe to go back to shorter walks and build up slowly. I do plan to walk today and maybe some weight work.

NORA, great job with your walks and workouts. Yes you are lucky to be rural right now. That's horrible about the person running down the security guard!!!
There are stories on the news of people spitting at grocery workers and policemen.

Waves to all! Stay safe and healthy!
Old 04-08-20, 07:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a couple of segments from CF Lean & Toned and a 51 minute walk in the afternoon. It was another beautiful day but some showery weather seems to be moving in. Hopefully it clears up later for another outdoor walk and maybe I'll do some weight work too.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!
Old 04-08-20, 12:44 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I don't understand, I'm spending more time at home but I can't seems to get myself to work out! I'm glad to see that the rest of you are keeping up your exercise. Hubby suggested evening walks but we still haven't tried it.

The states around us closed all the parks so no more day trips. Apparently we weren't the problem, kids kept coming in and playing basketball when they weren't supposed to, so that ruined it for the rest of us.

When I'm not knitting I've been sewing face masks for family and friends. I only have a small amount of elastic so I'm trying to cover my older or health problemed friends first and see what's left. I'm not sure how effective they are but they are better than nothing and I've heard some stores won't let you in without one.

stay well., you guys! Hopefully I'll have a workout to report soon. Its almost dry enough in the backyard to do a little gardening without getting stuck in the mud!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 08:39 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP - These are trying times, and if you don't feel like working out, then don't! That's too bad about your parks, but I guess there's a reason for that. Good for you on doing something constructive with the masks. That's something I would never know how to tackle. Go for that evening walk!

Today STS back and Tris and 1 hr. walk
Yesterday: 1 hr. Walk.

I want to do some yoga or stretching tomorrow. Really should do some house cleaning. Blech.
Old 04-08-20, 10:04 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my workouts for the month.

Wednesday (4/01) - Barlates Chisel It Series: Circle Sculpt + Classical Stretch Season 6: 616
Friday (4/03) - Barlates Yoga Wheel Pilates Series: Yoga Wheel Inner Thighs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 624
Saturday (4/04) - Barlates Yoga Wheel Pilates Series: Yoga Wheel Upper + Classical Stretch Season 6: 630
Sunday (4/05) - Barlates Yoga Wheel Pilates Series: Yoga Wheel Glutes and Outer Thighs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 608
Monday (4/06) - Barlates Yoga Wheel Pilates Series: Yoga Wheel Abs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 623
Tuesday (4/07) - Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam: Punch, Kick and Jam
Wednesday (4/08) - The Firm Super Sculpting

Penguin, Texas closed their parks also. I was afraid that stores would start requiring masks so I made a few for myself and DH. Nothing fancy. I made a pocket and stuck half a shop towel in it. I found a small amount of .25 inch elastic that I had stored many years ago. I ran out of the elastic. The stores keep adding new rules every week.

SB, good job maintaining your walking and dvd workouts. Hopefully your DH will continue walking with you and not give up. I think many try to do too much when they start exercising and then they give up.

Nora, good job with your walking, STS and yoga workouts. I am learning to do workouts "my way" also. When I was younger I thought I was a wimp if I didn't do the whole workout and at least match the intensity of the instructor. I do a yin yoga practice from https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guid...S6KGFEJVJFYZQ4. I have found the yin yoga dvds don't hold the poses very long. I have set 1 min, 2 min, and 3 min timers on my phone that I use during the practice. That's horrible about the customer running over the security guard. Hopefully he isn't seriously hurt. I am afraid the longer this goes on, the crazier people are going to get and the more fearful.

Sherri, I'm sorry to hear you are having back pain again. I hope it is better now.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 09:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute outdoor walk. That was all I had the energy for.
I didn't sleep well the night before. I am hoping for a walk today if it stops raining and hopefully some weight work too.

PENGUIN, that's so nice of you to make masks for family and friends. That is a shame about the parks. It's amazing to me how people just don't want to follow the rules even when it's for their own good. I'm sure you'll get back to working out when you're ready. Yes evening walks sound like a good start.

NORA, great job with your walks and STS. Good luck with your cleaning.

TAMMIE, great workouts for April so far. A lot of Barlates and CS I see, good stuff. I too hope DH continues to walk but I'm not so sure.

Waves to all. Stay healthy!

Old 04-10-20, 07:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 45 minute walk with DS. It rained most of the day and when it finally stopped it was very windy so not a lot of people were out thankfully.
I am planning a walk today and hope to do some weights or pilates too.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well.