Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-14, 09:35 PM  
andtckrtoo

Fitbit Charge still has issues with rash

Just a heads up for anyone who had the Fitbit Force, and wanted to replace it with the Fitbit Charge. Looks like there are still issues with rashes.

Seven on Your Side Investigates the FitBit Charge

I actually still wear my Force and have had no issues with rashes, but wanted to be sure to get this out there.
Old 11-26-14, 10:04 PM  
emilybelle

Have there been problems with the Flex? I am about to buy one as a Christmas gift. Is it different material than the Force or Charge?

Thanks,
Rhonda
emilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-14, 10:38 PM  
andtckrtoo

Flex is different. So no, no issues.
Old 11-26-14, 10:50 PM  
emilybelle

Thanks! I was looking at the Charge also, I think I will stick with the Flex.

Rhonda
emilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-14, 11:31 AM  
momof10

Well, I had the Force for over 6 months and had no issues, but sent it back when it was recalled I loved it. I purchased the Charge about 2 weeks ago and have had no problem with this one either. There are a few people that may have an allergy to the material the band is made of. Even if 100 people have a reaction, that isn't so many, the article says 7, out of the hundreds who have bought it.

I think it's a safe product and how can you make something with the band and make it so that no one is allergic to it I hope this doesn't hurt FitBit and make them go under, because I have loved all three FitBits I have had. I have had the One for 2 years and it's still going strong.

Cheryl
Old 11-27-14, 11:55 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Just a heads up for anyone who had the Fitbit Force, and wanted to replace it with the Fitbit Charge. Looks like there are still issues with rashes.

Seven on Your Side Investigates the FitBit Charge

I actually still wear my Force and have had no issues with rashes, but wanted to be sure to get this out there.
This is the first I've heard of it. I wonder how common it is. I have a Charge and haven't had any issues yet (after a few weeks). I am a volunteer on Fitbit's community council and they sent me a Charge a few weeks ago (I mention that because it is also kind of a disclosure). I have been wearing it to compare with my One. I don't recall seeing any comments on this on the Fitbit site or among the other volunteers who were sent a Charge. (There are mixed opinions on the accuracy so it isn't like there are no critical comments among this group). I never wore a Force, but it seems there were comments on the skin irritation everywhere (even though a lot of people were not bothered at all by the Force either).

I won't be surprised if the heart rate monitoring Fitbit's have some issue. I only say that because I have a Schosh armband which works with a similar technology and you have to wear them pretty tight for it to work. I suspect the ChargeHR and Surge will need to be worn tight on the wrist. My Schosh doesn't cause a rash, but when I remove it there are imprints and redness on my skin from the pressure (it goes away). But that is a little different than a rash.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-14, 12:10 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Well, I had the Force for over 6 months and had no issues, but sent it back when it was recalled I loved it. I purchased the Charge about 2 weeks ago and have had no problem with this one either. There are a few people that may have an allergy to the material the band is made of. Even if 100 people have a reaction, that isn't so many, the article says 7, out of the hundreds who have bought it.

I think it's a safe product and how can you make something with the band and make it so that no one is allergic to it I hope this doesn't hurt FitBit and make them go under, because I have loved all three FitBits I have had. I have had the One for 2 years and it's still going strong.

Cheryl
I agree. I hope the Charge doesn't have a widespread problem. I did wonder about the Charge because there is a small opening where you plug in the charger. I have never seen a One or Flex up close in person so I am not sure if they are different in that way. The Flex doesn't have the display like the Force and Charge do. A lot of women wear the one inside their bra cup (facing in so it doesn't fall out), I have done this for over a year and I do occasionally have issues (not really a rash more just irritation from the imprint if I am sweaty). I have to remember to clean it and to switch positioning where I wear it. I was worried that I may have been developing a sensitivity, but I haven't had the issue since I started washing it occasionally (with a damp cloth) and switching sides where I wear it.
Old 11-27-14, 12:20 PM  
slysam

Sorry, one more post. I just saw this "product care" post of the fitbit site. I found it interesting that it mentions cleaning your fitbit if you sweat more than two hours wearing it given the minor issue I occasionally had with my One. I have occasionally heard of people having issues with the Flex (though nothing like the Charge) and wonder if some of the issues are similar:

https://www.fitbit.com/productcare

Of course, those tips won't help if the issue is an allergy.
Old 11-27-14, 04:12 PM  
andtckrtoo

I still have the Force and I have no issues with it what so ever. I do put clear nail polish over the nickle part, but not regularly.
Old 11-27-14, 07:20 PM  
raeven

I sure hope for fitbit's sake that they don't have a repeat issue over their new lineup. Seems they have a lot invested in the three new bands, and would not be good if this is an issue again. I haven't read any reviews or paid attention to the talk on the Charge yet, simply cause I'm happy with my One. Eeks.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitbit charge, fitbit rash