Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-14, 08:58 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I did Cats new spin sculpt today and loved it! I burned 520 cals in this hour long workout. My HR stayed between 150 and 170 the whole time (lower range with weights, upper with spin). I felt like it worked my muscles evenly. The time flew by! I'll definitely do this one again.
Glad you liked it too! I will definitely do this one again, as it is no dread but still a great workout!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 08:10 AM  
cmiyachi

I just joined and I will be doing them a lot over the winter. I love the pure spins but also the TRX workouts. The stretch and ab workouts are good too.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 08:19 AM  
kaykay

I too am still doing SSOD workouts, 5-6 times a week. I can't stop. I love them all. Love the personalities of the trainers and the workouts are challenging. I did the spin/sculpt one the other day and I liked it, I didn't think it overworked any one muscle. It did go by quickly and I use heavier weight and just go slower sometimes.
kaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 07:08 PM  
FirmHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I too am still doing SSOD workouts, 5-6 times a week. I can't stop. I love them all. Love the personalities of the trainers and the workouts are challenging. I did the spin/sculpt one the other day and I liked it, I didn't think it overworked any one muscle. It did go by quickly and I use heavier weight and just go slower sometimes.
I am really late coming back to this thread, but I agree with Kay; I just slow down with the reps, and I notice others doing the same in the class. Cat has said we should always go at our own pace, and she must tell them that for the classes because usually the class members are all over the place with their reps and exercises, which doesn't bother me because there is usually at least one person I can follow. That Cat SpinSculpt left me sore for two days after, especially my arms. Brooke also does really great SpinSculpts, and I am excited to do Bethany's new one on Sunday. I love digging through the library of old workouts while also keeping up with the new ones. I have not done a workout twice yet. Since I posted earlier above, I have averaged 5 SSOD workouts each week. I've done a couple SpeedSculpts on days I was short on time. They pack a lot in a short amount of time. I just love these workouts!
FirmHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 08:13 PM  
isebelleg44

Did you guys see Rebecca's new personal training one? I might have to give it a whirl tomorrow.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 08:56 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Did you guys see Rebecca's new personal training one? I might have to give it a whirl tomorrow.
I previewed it and it looks great. Cathes live high rep workout she put out this week beat Rebecca out so hopefully next week I'll try it.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-14, 10:50 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Message from Cat:
Where that one person said I moved to fast for her to use heavy weights, if she commented directly to us I would guide her to classes that used heavier weights or where the movements were slower, and/or I would add a class geared towards that as an upcoming release. But, if I don't hear it the odds are sure much lower she'll get that from us and I bet she would love that. Does that make sense?

Don't forget to tell them they're my rock stars! And you can tell them that a little birdy told you that an 80 minute thanksgiving class is coming. I think it's schedule for the weekend before thanksgiving so people know it's there and ready for them.

Have a great weekend!

~Cat

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-14, 10:50 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

80 min class? Yay!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-14, 03:16 PM  
noodles

This thread convinced me to go back to one of my SSOD downloads - Cat's May 18/14 Spin/Sculpt. Whoa!! I'd forgotten how challenging these workouts can be! I used 15 and 10lb dumbbells and what a workout. I'll have to check out this 80minute one coming soon - I hope it's a download. My internet connection is not so reliable which was part of the reason I canceled my subscription.
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-14, 03:27 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
This thread convinced me to go back to one of my SSOD downloads - Cat's May 18/14 Spin/Sculpt. Whoa!! I'd forgotten how challenging these workouts can be! I used 15 and 10lb dumbbells and what a workout. I'll have to check out this 80minute one coming soon - I hope it's a download. My internet connection is not so reliable which was part of the reason I canceled my subscription.
Jamie
I can't wait to get back to my SSOD classes. I had my total hip replacement surgery on October 22, so it will be January 14 before I can do what I wantand have no rules. I think I will be able to use my Spin bike in the next week. My therapist said that's coming up soon, but I will have to stay in the saddle and possibly raise my seat up so I don't break the 90 degree rule. I could do one of Mike's classes, but will have to build up to do an hour. I hope all is well with you.

Cheryl

Tags
studio sweat on demand