Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-18, 07:22 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Yoga Tune Up v Melt Method

For those of you that have done either of these programs, can you tell me what you liked or disliked about them? I want to get into some bodywork for muscle pain and stress release. I have low back pain and neck and shoulder pain
Old 05-26-18, 08:05 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I know they are both popular. Some time ago, I tried Yoga Tune Up when I had some problems going on, but it was too much for me.

I ended up going back to tried and true Barbara Benagh Yoga for Stress Relief. For anything in the upper body I do the Passive Neck/Shoulder/Upper Back routine. When my lower back acts up I do the SI Joint routine (even though I don't have an injury there). Although there is a lower back routine on this DVD, for some some reason the SI Joint routine gives me more relief.

When I have to pull this out I usually only have to do it it two or three times before I feel better.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 08:45 AM  
sherry7899

Lyn, if you would like to borrow some Yoga Tune Up,please pm me. I have all of level one.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 08:57 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I had both...I kept Yoga Tune Up.

I love Jill's "On Demand Pain Relief". The lower back sequences are great for when I have a flare up.

I didn't keep Melt Method. I guess they didn't feel effective to me and were long.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 09:22 AM  
sherry7899

I have on demand pain relief also if you want to borrow it.

Old 05-26-18, 12:49 PM  
BunnyHop

I prefer Melt Method, but then again, I try to incorporate all of it into my overall routine instead of using it for targeted issues.

Yoga Tune Up felt too harsh for me.

Melt Method by design isn't supposed to hurt, and uses an indirect before direct approach.

I don't do streaming so I can't use her site much and find that as much as I like the work I'm not a huge fan of the dvds, so most of the work I've done with Melt Method has been on my own/from memory after having done it a while. It can be quick and easy, but only once you've figured out what to do/how to do it.

Oh, and FWIW, I got my MELT stuff kind of gradually and learned as I went along.

And an ETA: my low back pain seems to have gone away completely once I started walking outside several times a week. I do still like the Classical Stretch back pain dvd, though, because it is designed to be used while you're hurting. Another workout on the disc is a 'build your back strength' sort of thing. It's good too.
Old 05-26-18, 01:45 PM  
sherry7899

I find that Jill Miller works better for me as prevention. If I am already in pain it can hurt too much.

Old 05-27-18, 07:52 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Melt

Thank you ladies for the quick responses. It sounds like I should try the Melt Method first as Yoga Tune up appears to be more aggressive and I am achy right now. Good thing is that I have the old Melt Method and book, ( not the performance one) And will give that a go. Sherry , thank you do much for your kind offer. Have been having computer issues this week. ( the darn thing is only 8 years old!) I may be shopping the sales the rest of this weekend for a new one!!!
Old 05-27-18, 03:22 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I've got both and plan to keep both. I think with melt you probably will take longer to get results but it is very gentle.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melt method