Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-18, 12:13 PM  
tigerbaby

Question T-Tapp More Level 1 & 2

I'm thinking about getting back into tapping and wondering what everyone’s thoughts are regarding Teresa’s More workouts. I do own quite a few t-tapp workouts already but thought More might be a great place to restart, with a slower pace.
Old 05-26-18, 12:57 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I think the More workouts are great, but what T-Tapp Dvds do you have, and how comfortable are you with them?

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but if you really want to step up your T-Tapp game, get Senior Fit. This really slows things down and teaches everything if you start with the 30 min instructional.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 01:24 PM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
I think the More workouts are great, but what T-Tapp Dvds do you have, and how comfortable are you with them?

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but if you really want to step up your T-Tapp game, get Senior Fit. This really slows things down and teaches everything if you start with the 30 min instructional.
I think you just answered my question. I have tons of T-Tapp workouts from the Total Workout to Ladybug to HHMM to various Tempos, and yes, even Senior Fit. I haven't even looked at Senior Fit lately, so I will definitely start there. I got hit with Ramsay Hunt syndrome about 2 years ago, and it left me pretty damaged. My vestibular system and cognitive functioning were damaged, among other things, so I thought that T-Tapp would help me work on the brain-body connection and neuro-cognitive function. I just need Teresa's instruction slowed down a bit because I have trouble processing instructions when delivered too quickly and also moving too fast.

Anyhow, thank you so much for your response! It really helped!
Old 05-26-18, 08:20 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

You mentioned your vestibular system was damaged. Are you ok to do a standing workout? If you have trouble with standing workouts you could get started with the More 3 Chair workout that is available by streaming off the T-tapp site. I haven't done that particular workout, but I really like the More Chair routines on my More DVDs.

But if you are ok standing, Senior Fit is definitely the workout for you! It is designed for seniors who have lost muscle activation and may have trouble with balance, so it is basically safe. Start with the 30 minute instructional, and when you feel like the instruction is second nature, move on to the full workout.

The 67 minute full workout is actually like another instructional, for the rest of the moves. As such it is kind of intense if you aren't a sedenary, deconditioned senior and have some muscle activation. You might need to split it up at first. Then eventually you can progress to the SF Tempo workout which is 45 minutes long - just the first SF speeded up. But SF is where it's at. It will really develop that Mind-to-Muscle connection and that neurokinetic flow.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-18, 12:11 PM  
OSusanna

I don’t have MORE, it’s the only T-Tapp workout I don’t own. I do have and have done Senior Fit and can agree it’s a good one. I don’t think it has specific balance work like in the Total workout. It’s really just an intensified version of the Basic Plus workout. It’s wonderful and if you have it already I’d do that for as long as you liked and until you were beyond the instructional. It’d likely be a great plan of action and cheap too since you already have it.

I always liked how T-Tapp encouraged people to break up the moves and work to their max for each session. That makes any of the workouts manageable at any time. With the senior fit intensity you’ll be getting the most correct form and it’s hard. So doing the first 15-20 minutes for the first weeks and then slowly adding moves is a nice option.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-18, 12:54 PM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
You mentioned your vestibular system was damaged. Are you ok to do a standing workout? If you have trouble with standing workouts you could get started with the More 3 Chair workout that is available by streaming off the T-tapp site. I haven't done that particular workout, but I really like the More Chair routines on my More DVDs.

But if you are ok standing, Senior Fit is definitely the workout for you! It is designed for seniors who have lost muscle activation and may have trouble with balance, so it is basically safe. Start with the 30 minute instructional, and when you feel like the instruction is second nature, move on to the full workout.

The 67 minute full workout is actually like another instructional, for the rest of the moves. As such it is kind of intense if you aren't a sedenary, deconditioned senior and have some muscle activation. You might need to split it up at first. Then eventually you can progress to the SF Tempo workout which is 45 minutes long - just the first SF speeded up. But SF is where it's at. It will really develop that Mind-to-Muscle connection and that neurokinetic flow.

Good luck!
I think what I'm learning rather quickly is that I already have everything I need with regard to T-Tapp because I already own the digital MORE chair 3!

I am okay standing, but I have to be mindful of how quickly I turn and am challenged standing on one foot, but it's something I constantly work on. Making those neuro-kinetic connections are so important with my condition, which is why I think T-Tapp could be of real benefit to me. I also desperately need to work on strength and muscle activation because my condition has disabled me where I can no longer work. No longer working, coupled with my deficits, has really reduced my daily activity level. I worry about losing strength and flexibility constantly.

I think the 30-minute instructional of SF will keep me busy for a while. And it's good to know I can break up the longer workout when the time comes to tackle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
I don’t have MORE, it’s the only T-Tapp workout I don’t own. I do have and have done Senior Fit and can agree it’s a good one. I don’t think it has specific balance work like in the Total workout. It’s really just an intensified version of the Basic Plus workout. It’s wonderful and if you have it already I’d do that for as long as you liked and until you were beyond the instructional. It’d likely be a great plan of action and cheap too since you already have it.

I always liked how T-Tapp encouraged people to break up the moves and work to their max for each session. That makes any of the workouts manageable at any time. With the senior fit intensity you’ll be getting the most correct form and it’s hard. So doing the first 15-20 minutes for the first weeks and then slowly adding moves is a nice option.
I agree with your suggested game plan, and it's exactly what I'm going to do.

Thank you so much to both of you for your insight!!!
Old 05-27-18, 11:09 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
I think what I'm learning rather quickly is that I already have everything I need with regard to T-Tapp because I already own the digital MORE chair 3!

I am okay standing, but I have to be mindful of how quickly I turn and am challenged standing on one foot, but it's something I constantly work on. Making those neuro-kinetic connections are so important with my condition, which is why I think T-Tapp could be of real benefit to me. I also desperately need to work on strength and muscle activation because my condition has disabled me where I can no longer work. No longer working, coupled with my deficits, has really reduced my daily activity level. I worry about losing strength and flexibility constantly.
Haha...It sounds like you do have every T-Tapp workout!

You should be fine with your balance issues. Nothing quick, and it is heavily modified for seniors who need to work on balance. One change I can think of is she does Hoe Downs as a sort of stomping move rather than a lifting move, so you don't have.to balance. The only thing I can think of is to be careful during PBS when you bend. But honestly I can't remember if maybe she modified this too so you dont go all the way over. I do remember being ok with it myself. (I don't have the serious vestibular problems you have but I do have some balance issues.)

Anyway, good luck, and also remember if you run into problems, you can try calling the T-Tapp office to see if they can help.