Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-13, 09:22 AM  
LeanneM

Thanks for all the great info, Sue! I'd been using the first set as my weight work, but may add in more weight work.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 09:58 AM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

I did M.I.L.F. today. I didn't have a full hour, so I cut the cardio portion short and only did two rounds. There are chapter breaks in the workout so you can skip to the strength portion, but the cuts aren't perfect - the chapter break nearest the strength is actually right in the middle of the last set of the cardio circuits. Still much eaiser than having to fast-forward!

I am just back from vacation so I mostly modified the workout. Overall I really liked it! I always go at my own pace anyway (I never follow them exactly rep for rep), and I took a short break after the most intense (15-second) interval. These workouts are tough, but they are definitely something to grow with!
Old 08-06-13, 08:12 AM  
momofcha

Today was the new bikini bootcamp. This is my first "eh" review. You start out with "kickboxing" with the band & it just feels awkward to me. Keeping the band taut, and punching, kicking & squatting was maybe too much for my brain to coordinate? I LOVE the first one, so was kind of disappointed. It was a total sweat fest & calorie burner. Halfway through I had to pause & towel off. Your body part focus was arms & tris as you went from the bands to your weights. There was no upper body break at all. Not much for your outer thighs like I expected. Still loving the set, but this one just isn't a favorite.

Oh and I realized she's got the same promo playing at the beginning of each DVD, so I'm betting with how they're individually packaged they will be sold separately at some point.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 08:16 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Today was the new bikini bootcamp. This is my first "eh" review. You start out with "kickboxing" with the band & it just feels awkward to me. Keeping the band taut, and punching, kicking & squatting was maybe too much for my brain to coordinate? I LOVE the first one, so was kind of disappointed. It was a total sweat fest & calorie burner. Halfway through I had to pause & towel off. Your body part focus was arms & tris as you went from the bands to your weights. There was no upper body break at all. Not much for your outer thighs like I expected. Still loving the set, but this one just isn't a favorite.

Oh and I realized she's got the same promo playing at the beginning of each DVD, so I'm betting with how they're individually packaged they will be sold separately at some point.
Could you sub light hand weights for the bands to make it less awkward?
Old 08-06-13, 08:27 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post

I was thinking the same thing -- that these will probably be sold individually.

I've got Bikini Bootcamp on tap today, so I'll report back on it, too.
Old 08-06-13, 08:46 AM  
Snuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
I was thinking the same thing -- that these will probably be sold individually.

I've got Bikini Bootcamp on tap today, so I'll report back on it, too.
I'd probably bite if these will sell individually, perhaps I'll snag one. I'm not really into the body part focus. I really like working total body.
Old 08-06-13, 09:07 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
I'd probably bite if these will sell individually, perhaps I'll snag one. I'm not really into the body part focus. I really like working total body.
Snuckles, even though each workout in the new series seems to target particular body parts, I still feel like I've been getting an all-over workout. Today I woke up sore all over from doing InTENse yesterday!
Old 08-06-13, 09:28 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Could you sub light hand weights for the bands to make it less awkward?
Yes, definitely. I just wanted to try it as designed the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
Exactly. I think the idea is that over the week your whole body is worked, with extra emphasis on a certain part as a "finisher" to the workout. They really leave no body part unworked

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 09:47 AM  
Darisa

Just saw the clips. These look soo good. *must not cave, must stick to my no buy challenge* repeat as needed.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 07:09 PM  
kariev34

I did fusion 50 today. I really liked this one but I felt like it wasn't as "smooth" as the others. Some of the moves felt awkward but that may change when I practice them more. My arms and obliques were sore this morning from inTENse yesterday so I opted for fusion 50 today instead of bikini bootcamp thinking it would be easier on my arms. Uh, no! My arms felt like they would fall off at one point (this with only 1pound weights). This workout fried my obliques and hamstrings as well. I had to take several breaks and still managed to burn 400 cals in 50 minutes. Two thumbs up!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body