Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-11, 06:12 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Heads up for you Texans with HEBs

I want to alert you to potential great HEB deals. Some of you may have seen my "score on red peppers" thread. Well, I scored again this afternoon. This time it was red peppers (99 cents for 5, roasting as we speak) and avocados (six avocados and a tomato for 99 cents).

The important point here is that I was talking to one of the produce workers (who kindly bagged and labeled the red peppers for me when I said that was what I was hoping to find) and he told me that HEB is going to start doing this more frequently. Unlike the past, when it was discouraged, it's now mandatory that they do this for inventory that might otherwise not be sold. This young man could have been blowing smoke, but since I've run across these deals twice in 3 weeks after not seeing them for 10 years, I gotta trust what he told me. Anyway, keep a sharp eye! You may have to cut out a bad piece here and there, but it's way worth 99 cents.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 06:48 PM  
Lucysql
VF Supporter

Thank you, very good to know!
Lucysql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 09:34 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I've now found these 99-cent deals at two different stores on different days of the week, but Tuesday seems to be the biggest day, at least here in San Antonio.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote