Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-10, 10:00 AM  
Demeris

Question The Seven Steps to Willpower DVD

While I am rather underwhelmed by the alleged origins of The Five Tibetans, I just watched the clip for this over at totalfitness, and Stacey's instruction is precise, careful, and intelligible. The adaptations she's made to the Five Rites look athletic/flexibility inspired.

Anyone caved on this? Anyone with feedback on this?
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 12:11 PM  
adrien_73

Sorry I cannot comment since I have not tried this. I was tempted by the clip as well. But isn't it VERY short--like 20-30 min.? I'm not sure I can justify $25 for such a short workout.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 07:52 PM  
kali1

It's only 20 to 30 minutes long?? That stinks. I was wanting to buy this one too
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 09:29 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I used to do the Five Tibetans a lot; still do, sometimes. It doesn't surprise me that this practice is so short. You can finish the Five Tibetans in about 15 minutes or even less. It's one of the things I like about it--a short, yoga-type body weight workout that hits a lot of muscle groups--great to do while traveling. I too am skeptical of the claims of the origins of the Five Tibetans, but it is an effective routine. If one has trouble figuring out the exercises from written descriptions, there are YouTube videos that demonstrate it.

The Seven Steps DVD looks interesting, but honestly, I think the routine is so short that a DVD isn't really necessary.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 04:32 AM  
in paris

Raises hand!

I ordered this (along with the new Willpower & Grace and Sole Training) over a month ago and I'm still waiting for it... (Belgian mail leaves something to be desired -- which is why I am addicted to downloads.)

I have tried the Five Tibetans from what info I could glean off the web and really like the idea of incorporating them into a routine to start the day off with -- 15 minutes, short and sweet.

I'd prefer to have a DVD teach me proper form, though. Since I like Stacey's style, ordering this from her was a no-brainer... I normally might not order a DVD for something this short but, as I do plan to do it daily, I'd really like to make sure I'm doing it right

I promise, if I ever receive it (note to self -- send email), to review it.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 08:02 AM  
Demeris

In Paris, I am now agitating about Belgian mail delivery. Let's hope it comes soon.

I've done the Five Tibetans in the past and also like the short/sweet total body nature of them. It looks, from the clips and the blurb, that Stacey has put her own spin on them, and that's what I'm really interested in.

Right now I have a wish list of about $200, and I'm waiting to get paid for some consulting work I did this summer. High on that list is the fitstix from Mary when she puts them on a gonga sale at the end of the month. I really hope my consulting money comes in by then AND In Paris's dvds. I might have to add this (yes, 25$ is lots of money for 15 minutes, but if I use it often, then it pays for itself in ways that my Pure Barre investment never did).
Old 08-23-10, 03:15 AM  
in paris

LOL, Demeris!

Today would be absolutely perfect as they have finally started construction outside my bedroom window and waking up to jackhammers just doesn't do it for me!

I always thought it would be wonderful to do yoga every morning, to awaken and stretch, and get centered before the day starts... Yeah, right! I don't have the 60 minutes or so to spare... But 15? 20? That I can do! And it's short enough that I could commit to it daily... $25 is nothing for something I plan to do that much!

(TA Mat remains one of my best all time purchases as I do the unweighted arm section almost every day.)

Whether Stacey's take on the 5 Tibetans is that different remains to be seen. However, I really like her a lot and have had lovely communications with her. I downloaded Sole Training to help heal a very bad ankle injury and it has been fantastic. Again, possibly something I could have done on my own but having it on my computer/iPod means I do it every day and know exactly how long it's going to take... Money well spent!

I can't wait ti hear what you think of Fitstix. They have been high on my lust list (I'm a sucker for anything that helps with my elbow pain, especially as I'm getting an old camera to shoot in the rain that weighs a ton!) and would love to hear more feedback... I keep on saying I will make my own but am loathe to do so as I know, somehow, those Pringles will not end up in the bin

Fingers crossed you get your monies soon!
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 07:19 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Doesn't Raviana's Kundalini for Beginners & Beyond feature the 5 Tibetans also?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 09:16 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Doesn't Raviana's Kundalini for Beginners & Beyond feature the 5 Tibetans also?
Yes, it does. And I own it. And I do like Raviana's work.

Are you attempting a dis-enable?
Old 08-23-10, 09:23 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

One of the discs in Maya's Courage/Creativity/Willpower set uses the Five Tibetans as an extended warm up. Made me pretty dizzy! I should build up to it rather than dive right in.

Tags
5 tibetan rites, five tibetans, hot body cool mind, seven steps to willpower, stacey lei krauss, the five tibetans