Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-10, 11:13 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Yes, it does. And I own it. And I do like Raviana's work.

Are you attempting a dis-enable?
Ravi changed the traditional order of the 5 Tibetan exercises, and I think his changes made the routine a whole lot better.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 12:58 PM  
Eibhinn

Jennifer Kries' "Hot Body, Cool Mind" DVDs (there are 4: Vol. 1, 2, 3 and "Waking Energy") all have the 5 Tibetans on them as well.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 03:44 AM  
in paris

Demeris,

Sad to say that the Belgian post failed and returned the DVDs to the mother ship. Although they were willing to try again (at no cost to me), I instructed her to just send it on to my mother in the states.

W have only just moved here and, although we have a clearly marked post box, it is hard to reach our front steps (currently a mud bath of sporadic construction) and the actual building has been out of commission for a few years (it used to be a part of a 13th century orphanage, then monastery)...

So I have failed you, mea culpa.

I may have my father's office try and send it (I am also expecting a lens) as part of a birthday package, but that will still be a few weeks away. And that doesn't help you need to know before the mega-sale

I, too, may have a DVD that includes the 5 Tibetans that people have mentioned here. However, they are all part of longer practices, non? It defeats the idea of having a short 15 minute practice every morning that I know I could stick to... I will look, though, and possibly extract it to my computer... sigh.

I still would rather have the Seven Steps.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 09:33 AM  
Demeris

in paris, thank you for the update. You, my dear, have not failed me. And I can always get the dvd at a later date when I have yet one more thing on my wish list. And yes, having the 5 Tibetans on a single 15/20 minute track would be ideal.

Sorry about the postal service. I'm currently waiting on a check for work I did in the middle of July. I expected it the first week of August.

I think I'm deeply envious of where you are living and the rich history it holds. My house was built three years after I was born and probably will be torn down before I die to make room for a strip mall or street widening.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 04:53 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:

I think I'm deeply envious of where you are living and the rich history it holds. My house was built three years after I was born and probably will be torn down before I die to make room for a strip mall or street widening.
While I find the history in Europe fascinating, I must confess that superficial me is most envious of the amazing beer you have unencumbered access to in Belgium. It ruined me forever on North American beer - now I have to mostly make my own from scratch to come close.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 05:20 PM  
in paris

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
While I find the history in Europe fascinating, I must confess that superficial me is most envious of the amazing beer you have unencumbered access to in Belgium. It ruined me forever on North American beer - now I have to mostly make my own from scratch to come close.
You are both so lovely to say that!

The history here amazes me and my boyfriend was in hysterics when we first visited because I was stunned into silence! Every day life going on surrounded by such richness of history... I am in awe daily.

As for the beer, oh yes! We make sure to always go to a certain establishment to partake in their beer-of-the-month (thank god it isn't weekly!). There just is nothing like having it on tap... That said, I do have a nice collection of proper glasses for each beers and recent visitors were quite impressed -- not so impressive when you realise that beer is somewhat of a religion here

That said, if you are ever in the neighborhood, consider yourself invited! I promise to break every and any dietary rule you have (I lived in France long enough and am quite an awesome, if emotional cook) and to ply you with wine, beer, jenever, and history... Guest bed available after imbibing of the last on our terrace. Strong italian coffee, large living room with moveable (and comfy, in case of inclement weather) sofa and hardwood floors to work off all the calories I shoveled into you included! And, eventually, the Seven Steps to Willpower
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 05:53 PM  
mtnmom

Don't forget the chocolate!
Old 08-27-10, 06:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post

That said, if you are ever in the neighborhood, consider yourself invited! I promise to break every and any dietary rule you have (I lived in France long enough and am quite an awesome, if emotional cook) and to ply you with wine, beer, jenever, and history... Guest bed available after imbibing of the last on our terrace. Strong italian coffee, large living room with moveable (and comfy, in case of inclement weather) sofa and hardwood floors to work off all the calories I shoveled into you included! And, eventually, the Seven Steps to Willpower

I'm booking my trip right now......
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 06:25 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post

Oh
My
Lord

Now I have to start planning!
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 10:21 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Oh wow, sounds like heaven!!
Quote:
Are you attempting a dis-enable?
Bite your tongue!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 tibetan rites, five tibetans, hot body cool mind, seven steps to willpower, stacey lei krauss, the five tibetans