Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-16, 06:58 PM  
ellaenchanted

BEMax Fitness subscribers, a few questions

I have been doing pink Firms for months now and I love them. I love the look of BEMax workouts based on previews. I have some questions for those who have done/are doing the workouts.

1. How long have you been subscribed and will you continue?

2. How many workouts are there?

3. What is the intensity level?

4. Are these AWT?

5. Are Emily, Rebekah, Allie, and Alison the only instructors or are the any other familiar Firm faces?

6.. Have they filmed any live classes?

7. What do I need in terms of equipment and space? I love that I can do pink firms with minimal stuff.

8. How long are the workouts?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 08:30 PM  
Carol K

1. How long have you been subscribed and will you continue?
I signed up the day that they launched and yes, I will continue. I only do FIRM workouts and these are the next generation of the FIRM.

2. How many workouts are there?
There are 18 workouts and a bunch of challenges.

3. What is the intensity level?
I consider most of them to be intense, although there are several "Core and Restore" workouts that include barre, stability ball, strength and balance with a weighted ball and a yoga stretch.

4. Are these AWT?
There is some element of AWT, although most of the cardio workouts do not include weight and some of the sculpting workouts are more gym-style. There is a lot of HIIT and like the FIRM, you are never doing one thing for more than a few minutes at a time.

5. Are Emily, Rebekah, Allie, and Alison the only instructors or are the any other familiar Firm faces?
These four are currently the only instructors.

6.. Have they filmed any live classes?
I don't believe there are any live classes on BeMax.

7. What do I need in terms of equipment and space? I love that I can do pink firms with minimal stuff.
All you need are dumbbells and one workout uses a small weighted ball, one uses a stability ball and one uses ankle weights.

8. How long are the workouts?
They are between 10 and 30 minutes. Tonight I did a 15 minute cardio workout and the 15 minute strength and balance workout.

I'd also like to add that you can easily cancel your subscription online.
Old 08-23-16, 08:39 PM  
MoFirmer

1. How long have you been subscribed and will you continue? I have subscribed since before it went "live" and YES I will continue my subscription! I in fact have also signed up for the TrainerPass yearly subscription for $49.99 yearly!

2. How many workouts are there? As Carol said there are 18 actual workouts and a lot of challenges (ie body part type challenges) and motivational/informational messages.

3. What is the intensity level? The intensity is from beginner to advanced. And you can tailor the workouts to any level YOU are. That is the beauty of them. And there is a modifier in each workout.

4. Are these AWT? They are a mixture.... AWT, core, cardio, sculpt and many core and restore workouts. I felt The FIRM always needed more stretch type workouts and these really hit the mark!

5. Are Emily, Rebekah, Allie, and Alison the only instructors or are the any other familiar Firm faces? So far they are the only faces. They are the founding instructors. Others might make a guest appearance later.

6.. Have they filmed any live classes? Not yet! But stay tuned! There are a lot of things in the works for BEMAX!

7. What do I need in terms of equipment and space? I love that I can do pink firms with minimal stuff. If you like minimal equipment and space you will LOVE these!!!!! You just need weights, a mat and a stability ball!

8. How long are the workouts? They are between 10- 30 mins. The challenge videos are shorter ie 1 - 5 minutes. But they show you the moves and then give you a set amount of sets/reps you are to perform.

They take The FIRM Express and push it up a notch! They are fresh and fun! The instructors really shine in these and you can tell that they are in charge of their own programming. They have full control over what they film and produce. What you see is what you would get in being in any of these instructors live classes.
Old 08-24-16, 06:54 PM  
ellaenchanted

Thank you! Sounds like a great birthday present to myself.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 09:16 PM  
MoFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Thank you! Sounds like a great birthday present to myself.

I think you will LOVE them!! And the instructors have monthly rotations if you want to follow those as well!
Old 08-24-16, 07:03 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
1. How long have you been subscribed and will you continue? I have subscribed since before it went "live" and YES I will continue my subscription! I in fact have also signed up for the TrainerPass yearly subscription for $49.99 yearly!

2. How many workouts are there? As Carol said there are 18 actual workouts and a lot of challenges (ie body part type challenges) and motivational/informational messages.

3. What is the intensity level? The intensity is from beginner to advanced. And you can tailor the workouts to any level YOU are. That is the beauty of them. And there is a modifier in each workout.

4. Are these AWT? They are a mixture.... AWT, core, cardio, sculpt and many core and restore workouts. I felt The FIRM always needed more stretch type workouts and these really hit the mark!

5. Are Emily, Rebekah, Allie, and Alison the only instructors or are the any other familiar Firm faces? So far they are the only faces. They are the founding instructors. Others might make a guest appearance later.

6.. Have they filmed any live classes? Not yet! But stay tuned! There are a lot of things in the works for BEMAX!

7. What do I need in terms of equipment and space? I love that I can do pink firms with minimal stuff. If you like minimal equipment and space you will LOVE these!!!!! You just need weights, a mat and a stability ball!

8. How long are the workouts? They are between 10- 30 mins. The challenge videos are shorter ie 1 - 5 minutes. But they show you the moves and then give you a set amount of sets/reps you are to perform.

They take The FIRM Express and push it up a notch! They are fresh and fun! The instructors really shine in these and you can tell that they are in charge of their own programming. They have full control over what they film and produce. What you see is what you would get in being in any of these instructors live classes.
Mofirmer - are you affiliated with these instructors? You always seem to have inside info?

Thanks!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 07:27 PM  
MoFirmer

Sue -

I have participated in several of the FIRM infomercials. I have it in my signature line. I was lucky to become friends with several of them over the years. And I have participated in Emily's virtual bootcamp. I'm getting ready to do another two bootcamp 6 week sessions with her starting in September.

And I just really, really love the results I've gotten with The FIRM and now BEMAX!
Old 08-24-16, 08:49 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Hi MoFirmer - In your signature, what's a Firm CL?
Old 08-24-16, 09:13 PM  
MoFirmer

A FIRM CL was a Community leader on the FIRM boards. Sorry... I should have written it out completely.

I also now have Facebook group where I plan FIRM/BEMAX rotations for the TransFIRM your body group. It is a group that migrated to Facebook when The FIRM boards went away. Several of the girls didn't want to lose the monthly rotations or the community support that we had on the boards.

Tags
bemax, bemax fitness, gilad, jennifer galardi, terri walsh