Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-16, 07:29 PM  
marki64

A surprise at my daughter's track meet

I went to my daughter's college track meet today (froze my butt off) and when the mens 800 meter run was up, a man in his, I would say early 60's, came up to the start line. So I am wondering what the official or track coach was doing on the track. No, he was a participant. He took 3rd in his heat. Not sure how he did overall, but he was pretty fast. My husband commented, that the guys who lost to him were going to get teased by their teammates. Anyway, we were all cheering for him. I know you can run unattached in track meets, but thought you had to be college age. Apparently not.

The point of my story is, that we really are never too old to achieve these types of feats.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 09:35 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

That's interesting. As far as I know, there is no age limit as long as he never went to college when he was younger, so he could even be a 60 year old freshman. I give him credit for getting out there. I wouldn't try to compete against college athletes at my age and I'm nowhere near 60, lol!

ETA: If you want to find out how he did, college track results are usually posted on this site: https://www.tfrrs.org/
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 09:36 PM  
ksleeth
VF Supporter

Love to hear stories like this! Thanks for sharing.