Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-15, 06:13 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Sorry for my long rambling post above but I wanted to give a review that someone who was considering a purchase could use to evaluate whether the package is right for them. All my complaints aside, the program would be useful for someone who doesn't already have Katy's other books. For me though it is just repetitive info. Like you said a money generating project for Katy. Everyone has a right to make a living but I do not need recycled information.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 06:18 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I didn't get the impression that they send you a paper version of the book. I could be wrong though.

ETA: I just went through the information in the link I posted and no it does not look like a paperback copy of the e-book is included once it is published (soon I think)
Another thing of note: Six of the 10 exercise videos are instructional videos on how to use Jill Miller's Yoga Tune up balls. Might be of use to someone who does not already have Jill's book or other videos(Treat while you train and On Demand Pain relief)

ETA: In the interest of full disclosure, I am an occupational health professional so some of these suggestions are stuff I already know from doing ergonomic evaluations. So someone not so trained would probably get more out of it than me. However I wanted to mention that alot of the material offered here is available in Katy's other previously released offerings.
Old 09-03-15, 07:07 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Sorry for my long rambling post above but I wanted to give a review that someone who was considering a purchase could use to evaluate whether the package is right for them. All my complaints aside, the program would be useful for someone who doesn't already have Katy's other books. For me though it is just repetitive info. Like you said a money generating project for Katy. Everyone has a right to make a living but I do not need recycled information.
Please don't be sorry! Your post contains good info!

Quote:
I didn't get the impression that they send you a paper version of the book. I could be wrong though.

ETA: I just went through the information in the link I posted and no it does not look like a paperback copy of the e-book is included once it is published (soon I think)
Another thing of note: Six of the 10 exercise videos are instructional videos on how to use Jill Miller's Yoga Tune up balls. Might be of use to someone who does not already have Jill's book or other videos(Treat while you train and On Demand Pain relief)

ETA: In the interest of full disclosure, I am an occupational health professional so some of these suggestions are stuff I already know from doing ergonomic evaluations. So someone not so trained would probably get more out of it than me. However I wanted to mention that alot of the material offered here is available in Katy's other previously released offerings.
I like the idea of the yoga tune up ball vids! Do we need to download those or are they streaming? There's so much that - and honestly some of it doesn't interest me - it's hard to figure it all out when I'm in a hurry! I do postural and gait assessments so the same is true for me but I love this kind of stuff. This is sort of the virtual equivalent of the old "box sets" and I love box sets.

I seriously need to sit down and go through this stuff but I'm not sure when that's going to happen!

I purchased through Katy's site and when trying to see if the physical book was included this morning I noticed that the price is now $37.00!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 08:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks very much for taking the time to give us the information! That is what VF is for.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 08:30 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Thanks for the great review! I don't think it would quite have given me what I'm looking for, so I'm glad I passed on it. I may look for her other books though.

I also still appreciate you posting, because it's given me some direction and food for thought in terms what to search for when looking for ways to improve my work habits.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 08:39 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Lanette,
I think the videos are streaming. I have to check later though.
Leslie
Old 09-03-15, 08:42 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I purchased through Katy's site and when trying to see if the physical book was included this morning I noticed that the price is now $37.00!
It wasn't a long a presale. I saw Katy's FB post yesterday explaining why she has been MIA for 10 weeks. I think it was a recent post but it might have been a few days old. The link to the program was on it and I saw that the pre-sale ended late yesterday and that the price was going up to $37.
Old 09-03-15, 08:47 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
It wasn't a long a presale. I saw Katy's FB post yesterday explaining why she has been MIA for 10 weeks. I think it was a recent post but it might have been a few days old. The link to the program was on it and I saw that the pre-sale ended late yesterday and that the price was going up to $37.
I agree. I'm in her RES certification program and never got an email concerning this, that's really unusual. I didn't see recent post until yesterday either.

Oh well.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 09-04-15, 11:44 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have been busy and haven't had a chance to view Katy's exercise video. I will post about it after I see it. Lannette, if you beat me to the punch, please let us know what you think. Thanks.
Leslie
Old 09-05-15, 06:10 AM  
Lannette

Busy here too but I'll try to check it out later today.

Tags
katy bowman, varidesk