Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-16, 01:24 PM  
Sandrine

Hi,
Can I join in? Just about everything I do qualifies as vintage.

Yesterday was Kathy Smith's Bun and Thigh step workout. I always forget what a decent workout this is, without much impact.

Cataddict--Cathe's PowerMax is one of my favorites. I use her "old" step workouts as the mainstay of my steady-state cardio, and that one, and StepMax, are the most fun.

Vintage VFer--You took a class with Gin Miller? I'm so envious! I love her workouts--her cuing is great. Intense Moves is one of my favorites for high impact days. "TVHead" Gin always bugged me on "Step Reebok:The Video", to the point that I almost never do it.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 01:44 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Can I join in? Just about everything I do qualifies as vintage.
Welcome, Sandrine!

This is a relaxing check-in where you post when you feel like it.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 01:56 PM  
Sandrine

Thanks!!
(Btw, the kitties in your avatar are adorable! )
Old 04-25-16, 02:06 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Yesterday I did Cathe's Power Max. Had to overlook the butt crack outfits, hair and whooping that I had forgotten about, but it was a good workout! I miss this style of step workout. I realized that I no longer do step with a higher step and it isn't necessary either, at least for my needs.
This was my 1st Cathe, so I had it on VHS. I never replaced it. I loved that one, but yes, the whooping was a bit much as I recall. And I too have lowed my step to 6 inches. Feels much better on the Achilles tendons.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 02:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Thanks!!
(Btw, the kitties in your avatar are adorable! )
Thanks! They're good boys. Mostly...

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-28-16, 08:49 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I just did Christy's Totally Cool Step. Well, some of it. On VHS. I planned to do 30 minutes. I got to the 10 minute point and said, "okay, 5 more minutes". I made it to the 15 minute mark and fortunately, that's about where she starts a new combination, so it was a good place to stop

I was on a bike trip last week, doing about 25-30 miles per day. Fine, no problem. But I just couldn't continue the step workout. Why? There was more choreo to concentrate on, a faster beat to maintain, I don't know. Maybe just a bad day (I hope). I'll do some Pilates or yoga later, and take a walk, inside or out, depending on the weather.
Old 04-28-16, 10:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I just did Christy's Totally Cool Step. Well, some of it. On VHS. I planned to do 30 minutes. I got to the 10 minute point and said, "okay, 5 more minutes". I made it to the 15 minute mark and fortunately, that's about where she starts a new combination, so it was a good place to stop

I was on a bike trip last week, doing about 25-30 miles per day. Fine, no problem. But I just couldn't continue the step workout. Why? There was more choreo to concentrate on, a faster beat to maintain, I don't know. Maybe just a bad day (I hope). I'll do some Pilates or yoga later, and take a walk, inside or out, depending on the weather.
I have never tried a Christy workout. Just watching one gave me vertigo! Too fast, too many moves.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-29-16, 08:43 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I have never tried a Christy workout. Just watching one gave me vertigo! Too fast, too many moves.
I left out the spins

Today I did the next 17 minutes of Totally Cool Step (since I didn't rewind it yesterday. Get it? I actually have to rewind it!!) I started on the floor just to use as a warm up for something else, then moved to the step for about 10 minutes. I wonder if it is the speed that's throwing me off. Like Sandrine, I've been using Cathe's old step tapes, but I always thought they were similar? Or maybe my brain just doesn't want to think so hard when working out.
Old 05-01-16, 07:46 PM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Squeeze Stronger

Is this considered vintage?

Pulled that bad boy out today and was only able to lift my leg about a nano-millimeter on the pretzel-clam combo...uggghhh! This though is one of the ones I always come back to, you might say it leaves no stone unturned...

Cheers, AY

(The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...)
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 02:53 PM  
Sandrine

Slung sweat with Cathe's Mega Step Blast today. I love the way she promotes her other tapes (this was pre-dvd) at the end by saying something about having workouts for "all fitness levels". No, Cathe, you do not. At least, not when you made "Mega". They were all tough.

Mopsy, I think Cathe and Christy were similar in that they both targeted a more advanced exerciser. As much as I like Christy, and want to like her workouts, I get so tangled up in the choreo that I don't get my heart rate up as much as with Cathe. I don't have as many Christys as Cathes, so that comes into play, too. I found the "Totally's" very challenging, which meant alot of rewinding and marching in place. Even her step tutorial didn't help me. I need to use your approach, and work through it a segment at a time.

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts