Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-16, 05:19 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Hi Lannette! So glad you are enjoying those workouts. I think it's a great site and think it's awesome they give away so much content for free. Note that they do take donations for those who feel so inclined.

Actually, I want to add a personal note.... I originally discovered these workouts when my mom was sick with cancer. I was traveling to her house and staying with her on a somewhat regular basis, so I ended up buying a kettlebell there and stashing it in one of her closets, so those workouts remind me of the precious last times I had with my mom. So, a special place in my heart.
Thanks so much for sharing that Bee. What a heart warming connection.

I did see that donations are accepted and that they are set up as a nonprofit organization. I should have mentioned that.

Thanks again for introducing me to the site.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 07:29 AM  
Terry

It won't let me register. I click on the validation thing in my email and get a message that the link isn't valid because it expires after one hour, yet only a few minutes had passed. The message instantly sends you another chance to validate so I did that within a minute and the same thing happened.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 08:22 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
It won't let me register. I click on the validation thing in my email and get a message that the link isn't valid because it expires after one hour, yet only a few minutes had passed. The message instantly sends you another chance to validate so I did that within a minute and the same thing happened.
Try emailing jason@LiveFitrevolution.org

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 05-01-16, 02:14 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I registered and looked at some of the Week 1 workouts. Did anyone here do the Cardio Challenge? It's 500 stairs + 1 hour of cardio. She recommends breaking it up such as: 300 stairs - 1 hr cardio - 200 stairs.

I'm thinking I need to delete a "0" from those stair counts
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 05:07 PM  
Lannette

Firmdancer, I opted to do Cathe Step for the stairs and a combo of walking and rebounding for the cardio. 500 stairs sound quite boooring to me even broken up.

Old 05-01-16, 06:53 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Firmdancer, I opted to do Cathe Step for the stairs and a combo of walking and rebounding for the cardio. 500 stairs sound quite boooring to me even broken up.
Thank you - That's a great idea!!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 09:57 PM  
jerebo

I was the OP on this thread a few years back. I've definitely been impressed by the program and all that is offered for free.

Unfortunately, I can't do KB at the moment; I think I've shared my saga--a torn rotator cuff that just doesn't get better. So KBs are out I hope to start up again with LiveFit when I finally heal.
Old 05-03-16, 03:38 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
I was the OP on this thread a few years back. I've definitely been impressed by the program and all that is offered for free.

Unfortunately, I can't do KB at the moment; I think I've shared my saga--a torn rotator cuff that just doesn't get better. So KBs are out I hope to start up again with LiveFit when I finally heal.
That's got to be extremely frustrating! Did you tear your rotator cuff while using kettlebells Jen?

Old 05-03-16, 04:43 PM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
That's got to be extremely frustrating! Did you tear your rotator cuff while using kettlebells Jen?
I'm not sure how I tore my rotator cuff, though I know the original injury pre-dates my use of KBs. I've been through several rounds of PT and finally had an MRI last year. The injury gets better, but as soon as I start doing push ups, lat rows, kettlebells--the injury flares up again. I fear I will never get back to KBs

Anyway, I'm sorry to hijack this thread with my whining (though I thank you for the sympathy). LiveFit is a great program. I never really followed it beyond Phase 1, but I found Phase 1 to be effective.

And it's very generous that these programs are free. They could definitely charge for what they offer. And it's not just the workouts. There's an eating plan and check-ins and lots of support.

Tags
livefit revolution