Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-16, 06:35 PM  
Cher

Kathy - 21 Day Fix cardio workouts are similar to the cardio workout on Fe Fit....more like cardio drills. The weight work in 21 Day Fix also uses heavier weight. You do an ecercise for 1 minute using whatever weight you can. Fe Fit is more light weighs (or no weight) and lots of reps.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 06:43 PM  
Kathleen Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Kathy - 21 Day Fix cardio workouts are similar to the cardio workout on Fe Fit....more like cardio drills. The weight work in 21 Day Fix also uses heavier weight. You do an ecercise for 1 minute using whatever weight you can. Fe Fit is more light weighs (or no weight) and lots of reps.
Thanks. I sent you a message re: a trade for FeFit but when I checked the messages it was gone!!!! Not sure if you received it or not. Let me know I can message again.
Old 06-24-16, 07:22 PM  
PrairieGem

Can somebody comment on what sort of stuff the "mommy talk" is? I don't have kids and do sometimes get turned off by some of that kind of thing (stopped going to my OBGYN's office b/c it was nothing but babies-babies-babies everywhere--no acknowledgement that there's anything else to women's health). I'm just not sure what y'all mean by it!
Old 06-24-16, 07:54 PM  
Cher

Gem - the "mommy talk" is more like "Come on mommies, you can do this" type of thing. ((We need Mr Rolleyes)). Anyway I'm over 50 and my son is 19 years old and in college so I don't consider myself a "mommy" anymore. She doesn't say it alot but she does say it occasionally (but not in every workout). I sort of just tune it out but if that sort of thing bothers you, then it might get on your nerves...but like I said, it's not like she does mommy talk all the time.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 10:19 PM  
bfit

Yes, the "mommy" talk is stuff like "Come on, we're all tough mommies, here" or "You have to be strong to pick up your kiddos". I would estimate that each half hour workout has 2-3 "mommy" references. I'm not a mom, and it doesn't bother me. There are actually quite a few workouts in which the instructors refer to things that don't apply to me like "bikini ready"!
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 05:10 PM  
lorajc

Yes...luv it!!! Reach for it whenever I can't find anything appealing!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 05:35 PM  
lizh

I'm someone who can be very annoyed by 'mommy-talk' and I did NOT find these annoying. I liked the instructor and I liked the few workouts that I tried. I hope to get back to it someday. so many workouts....
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 04:05 AM  
juliaf

Well, I've just did all the workouts in a month (well, 27 of 28) adding Classical stretch and walking. I did find all the mommy talk annoying (my kids are 19 and 14, but I would be similarly annoyed 15 years ago).
Another things I didn't like was that all the WOs numbered 4 (Barre4, Cardio 4 etc) were stitched from the existing footage and not seamlessly. There were a lot of "now get up" and in the next frame we were supposed to be lying down, the Barre4 WO had two almost identical upper body sequences and almost no glute work and so on..

Other than that, I liked the 30 min format, the WOs had a lot packed in and were efficient, though without any dread factor. I don't see myself doing it again though.

ETA: mostly used Hamelin before and will return to it after. 30 min WOs do go well with my teaching schedule, though..

Last edited by juliaf; 06-26-16 at 04:48 AM. Reason: to add a couple of lines
juliaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 06:08 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Yes...luv it!!! Reach for it whenever I can't find anything appealing!
I still love it too. I get results. It is short and packs a lot into 30 minutes. My sons are adults and the mommy talk doesn't bother me at all. I just finished another rotation in May.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit, hilary chung