Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-20, 06:00 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross-Trainers OCTOBER 2020

Starting us off in October.

I'll check in later with my workout. I have lots of errands to run this morning including taking Basil to the vet for his checkup and shots. He's not going to like it but oh, well! Moms have to make some unpopular decisions sometimes.
Old 10-02-20, 07:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Dana - thanks for starting us off!

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Valent - Leg Power Workout
Jessica Smith - 12 min Upper Body Circuit Walk
Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility routine.

Although it seems contrary to my workout style, I really like the leg power workout -I do skip the pistol squats and just do my own thing then - I don't see that move in my future ever - but, I just really like this routine - straightfoward and tough.

I balanced the lower body w/ some upper body work w/ Jessica Smith and then followed up w/ the hip mobility routine.

I know I need to fit in some CS as tightness is creeping back in. I may do something this afternoon unless the weather is too nice to stay inside...then I'll do a walk this afternoon.

Cheri - yes, I suppose "mood" exerciser fits me. I think that is why I keep going back to Jessica V - her calendar is very varied so I feel I can stick with it and feel successful while still getting my variety in!

Dana - hope Basil has a successful vet visit. I was happy when my doggies got good reports at their last visit.

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 12:10 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Happy October!

I've been doing lots of random stepping/Jessica-style "walking" while watching Survivor or listening to things, and have grabbed hand weights sometimes as well though not often enough.

We're thick into remodeling the rental house we bought, trying to get it ready to rent to 2 or 3 of our sons. My college class started last week. And our homeschool co-op started and it's going to be intense. My 16 yr old is very busy trying to keep up with the workload.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 12:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Although it seems contrary to my workout style, I really like the leg power workout -I do skip the pistol squats and just do my own thing then - I don't see that move in my future ever - but, I just really like this routine - straightfoward and tough.

Donna
Donna Wow! A pistol squat move is a super advanced move! Here's a great video to help you do some modifications to work the intended muscles. You can use your stepper and add risers to develop the progression. Note the mobility that should happen prior to the pistol squat move.

https://youtu.be/vq5-vdgJc0I

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 12:23 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Basil had his annual checkup, shots, ears cleaning and complete blood work done at his vet this morning. He'd lost some weight and the vet is running full blood panel to check his kidneys, blood sugar, thyroid etc because his appetite is good but he'd lost the weight anyway. We should get result by Monday. He'd been limping lately, and of course he's now 18.5 years old so the vet sold us some joint supplements to mix with his food. Against my better judgment - I've decided to try it. Well, he wants no part of it and can sniff it accross the room. Looks like $40 down the drain. I hope the blood work comes back OK because trying to give him any pills will be next to impossible.

When I got back, I did Leslie's Walk Strong workout (with stretchy band) - 30min and I added her 1 mile from Miracle Miles DVD - 15min. I'm not really motivated to do anything else.

Waves to all!
Old 10-03-20, 07:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was my Ellen fix - Walk with Weights and Sunrise Stretch. Neither was a sweatfest, but I enjoyed both. I like the music in the walk w/ weights workout.

I also walked yesterday afternoon w/ DD and doggies and today will probably also get out for some outdoor walking.

Brenda - good work w/the remodel, that is always challenging, I need to get so much work done in my house, and it is both a good time/bad time to do it - good time b/c we are all working from home and can keep an eye on our dogs, but time b/c we are all working from home and the chaos/noise will be disruptive....

Thanks for the video, Linda, I will check it out!

Dana - doggies are so much easier to medicate than cats, my dogs eat first and ask questions later, but when I had cats, getting meds into them was a nightmare, even putting it in food didn't work.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 12:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Waves to all - I've taken a couple of days off because I've been lazy. Hoping for a workout later today.

Dana - Hope Basil's bloodwork comes back okay!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 08:24 PM  
cherimac

Hi, all. Happy October. I finished my PBL challenge. I plan to continue with Lisa, and maybe some TBL.

My daughter’s boyfriend is here visiting, so I will check in Monday.
Old 10-04-20, 08:10 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

None of my workouts appealed to me this morning. I must have tried at least 4 different ones and nothing worked. I finally decided on Leslie's MM Disk 4 but I only did the first 3 miles - about 45min. Then I did ePilates Abs/Butt/Articulation - 28min. That one was fairly tough but I enjoyed it.

Basil's partial blood work came back and not surprisingly his kidney enzymes are elevated and his RBC count is low - which may be due to his kidneys failing. I say unsurprisingly because he is 18.5 years old and things happen at that age. We're going to try low-protein diet and keep an eye on his water intake. He loves an ice cube in his water so that's what he'll get - as long as he keeps drinking it. This year's been hard enough and the last thing I need is to worry about my sweet Basil. On Monday we should get his thyroid results. One more thing to worry about.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Old 10-04-20, 08:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Finally, a workout! I did

Faithful Workouts - Total Body Workout #18 - 28 minutes

This was more strength focused than cardio, although my heart rate did get up some because the strength work moved quickly.

Dana - It doesn't sound like Basil's bloodwork was just absolutely awful. Maybe the low protein diet will help some.

Cheri - Nice job!

Donna - Glad you enjoyed Ellen. I think those are two of her newer ones that I haven't done. Ellen does tend to use good music and her streaming videos feel similar in quality to her DVDs.

Brenda - Remodeling projects! Eek! Brings to mind memories of living in a house while it was remodeled.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote