Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-20, 07:35 PM  
Rose

Hello!

A YOQI Qigong for lungs routine. A 2 mile walk in the park and Windsor Buns & Thighs from memory.

Does anyone have low vitamin D? I've been at 18 for years, no matter how much d3 I take. My Dr has tried to get me to take the d2 form at 50,000 ius a week. Well, I finally caved and took a pill today. Has anyone else taken these pills? Did it up your vitamin D level?

Summer Breeze Too much choice is too much sometimes. Do you like Pilates by Lisa? I did her pretty consistently for a year and somehow it never clicked. It became a chore. Wonder what you think.

Donna That's a fun low impact walk. The Ellen workouts seem really nice. A good length and balance focus.Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Okay, off to do some TV watching. Have a great night.

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 08:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and TGIF!!!

Last night I went the Pilates route with a level 1 workout from Kit Rich on Glo.

Rose, I had low Vit. D but was able to get it to a low/normal range with 5,000 D3 for a period set by my doctor and now I toggle between 2,000 and 3,000, if I haven't been out in the sun in a while. She's happy with the level. It's good that your doctor is monitoring it. I haven't used the D2.

Everyone make it a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after our hair appointment DD and I walked in the park - so that was good. Since COVID, I started letting my hair grow out and I'm keeping it longer these days so it was just a trim, same for my DD. She went through a buzz cut phase in Sophomore/Jr year, but she has been letting it grow a bit, too. It was a nice fall afternoon/evening for a walk.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Valent Pilates - Cardio Barre w/ Guest Instructor Lauren George. This was a pretty challenging routine - more athletic than ballet style barre. The only thing I didn't like was it felt a bit fussy - gliding discs, a circular band and weights were used. I am not a big fan of gliding disc work - the flooring in my workout area doesn't work great w/ gliding discs. So, I modified for the exercises that use the discs. I did use the circular band and weights however and I think my legs will be feeling it tomorrow. I also did skip the floorwork b/c it also used a gliding disc and I wasn't in the mood for modifying at that point.
But, the floorwork is the last 10 minutes or so of the workout and easy to skip.

Blessful Body - Fall into Balance Challenge Day 5 - a little bit of everything - Pilates and Yoga. It was about 15 min or so.

Pat - yes, TGIF!! Glo sounds interesting. I like Jessica V's site b/c she includes a mix of workouts - Pilates, Barre, some yoga/fusion, PT type exercises as well as traditional weights and HIIT.

Gypsy Rose - somehow I have managed to not have Low Vit D and I'm not sure how. I do take a calcium and Vit D supplement, maybe that helps. I did read on GD about a VFer who goes to a tanning salon for Vit D- I guess they adjust the UV so that she isn't tanning but getting the benefits of the sunlight to make Vit D. Not sure at all how that works!

Summer Breeze - yes, I think we all have those days where nothing quite fits our mood.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 09:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 47 minute walk and that was pretty much it. My sister came for lunch and then we spent the whole afternoon talking in the backyard. It was lovely. Another rainout today so I'll have to find a dvd.

PAT, glad your anxiety is getting under control and you found some nice workouts to help. Yes the insurance has been a nightmare for DS' gf. They just picked up her car yesterday to be repaired and the accident was a month ago!

ROSE, nice workouts. Is MR officially out of the routine now or just a break? I am way overdue for a dr visit but I don't think I have low VIT D levels. I do take an OTC supplement and I'm outside everyday so hopefully it's not an issue. I hope the D2 helps. I do enjoy Lisa's workouts a lot but I am never consistent with any instructor and already I'm losing interest. She's kind of on the pricey side so it's not worth it for someone like me to subscribe when I jump around so much between instructors.

DONNA, glad you got to walk yesterday, it was a gorgeous day. My DD finally got her hair trimmed the other day after a year or so. It had been to her butt and she had about 3 inches cut off.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 04:54 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Thanks for the info on Vitamin D. I appreciate the responses.

Today- 2 mile park walk. Margaret Richard's streaming 1719. The 1700 series is a mish-mash of different years. 1719 had a Warm up, biceps, triceps (tough) quads and glutes. She did quads on the mat, lifting the leg up and down. So so tough! No weights, just endless to a terrible song, something, 'Keep it up' and the woman kept screaming. By the end of the exercise, I felt like screaming in pain. The other exercisers were looking at Margaret like she was crazy and Margaret kept laughing. It finally ended and then we had to do the other side to the same screaming song! For some reason, I liked it. The streaming is fun.

Summer Breeze- What a nice lunch and visit with your sister! It looks like I'll keep Margaret in my rotation. She doesn't stress my body. I can do a walk, Qigong, Margaret and some house walking or short dance every day. Every time I stray to something harder I feel energized but then I need a rest.

DonnaIt refreshing to get some pampering, especially a haircut. Remove the tattered ends and start anew. Another great workout from you. Do you decide each day what you are going to do? I get decision paralysis which is why I stick with Margaret.

Pat Have a happy weekend! Enjoy the beautiful fall weather.

Rose
Old 10-17-20, 07:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy weekend!

Yesterday I almost went for a little walk after work but decided against it. I did Lee Holden's Healthy Digestion and a super gentle restorative on Glo, "Mild Movement" with Jo Tastula. I bookmarked that in case I need it in the future. It was so gentle I think it would even benefit a mom in the first stages of labor!

Donna, are you going to keep your hair longer than pre-COVID? Your walk sounds so nice. I can't stand discs and avoid workouts that have them.

Summer Breeze, wow your daughter's hair is long. I bet it is so beautiful. Your backyard visit with your sister must have been good for your soul.

Rose I am cracking up over the long and terrible song - being tormented with that quad exercise is enough to make you scream without that lady. I wonder why those quad raises are so excruciating? And she's leaning back cracking jokes while she's killing you, OMG.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 08:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday rained all day so I did a short premix from KCM's Body Shop. I probably should have went with a longer workout but at least I did something. I'm looking forward to an outdoor walk today.

ROSE, those quad lifts are brutal. It sounds like you have a nice routine and I don't think you necessarily need to go harder.
You cover everything with MR, walking and qigong I would think and feeling good is top priority.

PAT, is there a beach walk in your plans this weekend? I guess you didn't get the rain that we got here yesterday? Enjoy the weekend.

Waves to DONNA.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 10-18-20, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I missed yesterday's check in, here's what I have been doing:

Saturday:

Jenny Ford - You Tube - Live Step For Beginners - she filmed this outside of her home. I think she filmed these in April/May when everyone was in lock down. She has a few other longer and more intermediate/advanced workouts on her channel, too. I went w/ beginner b/c it has been awhile since I did step and it was also shorter at 30-ish minutes. I want to incorporate step at least once a week - it really ups my cardio more than march/walking workouts.

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Floor Practice - what can I say - a nice restorative practice, good scenery....

Outdoor walk

Sunday:

Ellen B - all from her streaming site - Upper Body Blast, Quick Fix (which is her new one for this month - all floorwork) and Zen Stretch

My DD is competing in a horse show today so in a little while I'll go over to watch and that will probably be it for me.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 08:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a brisk 50 minute walk in the afternoon and 100 kettlebell swings after dinner. I am planning a walk today and maybe PBL since my subscription expires this week. As much as I really did enjoy Lisa's workouts I'm getting restless and haven't used it much this past week if at all.

DONNA, I haven't done step in so long but I do need a cardio boost. As much as I love walking I think I should "step" it up a notch now and then.

Waves to ROSE & PAT.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-18-20, 02:36 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Yesterday- Wii tennis. And an all mat Barlates, this one reminded me of Classical Stretch but faster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIQS1Hm9Nn0

Today- Qigong Late Summer Purge, Margaret 1501 streaming and a 2 mile woods walk.

Donna Step will up your calorie burn. And it's more interesting than a lot of walking videos.

Summer Breeze Good work on the walk and kettlebells. That's a lot of swings!

PatSome of Margaret song choices I wonder about....but it's over quickly and I feel better. She uploaded a new series, 1500, from 2000.

Have an enjoyable Sunday.

Tags
bobandbrad