Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-18, 11:31 AM  
Demeris

Beauty Thread 2018

I know many of us have continued the 2017 Beauty Thread through January, but I want my question to get a little thoughtful exposure.

For the first time in almost 30 years, my hair is below my shoulders. I have a great deal of very fine hair. I want to wear it in a low pony tail, pulled back at the nape of my neck.

For this, I need AGE APPROPRIATE barrettes that won't break five seconds after I click them shut.

I bought three 3-inch goody barrettes, and each one broke within moments of snapping shut.

So--does anyone know of any sturdy, age appropriate 3-inch barrettes and where I might find them (I already searched Amazon).
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 01:44 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I've heard Lilla Rose Flexiclips are good for fine hair, but I have never tried them.

https://www.lillarose.biz/
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 10:48 PM  
MsThistlebottom

France Luxe makes some very nice, age-appropriate hair barrettes and other hair accessories.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 10:57 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

France Luxe is what I use, too. Much more expensive than Goody but I've been using them on my fine but thick hair for 20 years and have newer broken one. They sell on Amazon but also have free US shipping from their own site plus a freebie of their choice for every three things you order. The actual France Luxe items are made in France in factory that's made them since the 20s. The Erickson items are made in the US. They have a huge selection and items especially for fine hair.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 12:19 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I bought my mom some France Luxe ones a few years ago and they're still going strong.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 08:18 AM  
BunnyHop

Ficcare makes good stuff, but I haven't tried their barrettes.

https://www.ficcare.com/barrettes
Old 02-03-18, 08:43 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
France Luxe is what I use, too. Much more expensive than Goody but I've been using them on my fine but thick hair for 20 years and have newer broken one. They sell on Amazon but also have free US shipping from their own site plus a freebie of their choice for every three things you order. The actual France Luxe items are made in France in factory that's made them since the 20s. The Erickson items are made in the US. They have a huge selection and items especially for fine hair.
Thanks, I am a sucker for French stuff. Perfect timing, I’m growing out bangs and of course, I couldn’t resist getting a few pretty bobby pins and barrettes. I was happily enabled, merci!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 08:58 AM  
dnna

there are some very good barrettes at Sally's Beauty but I do not know the name. I also read about very nice barrettes at Urban Decay, I think they are the French ones mentioned here.
on the up side, this seems like s pleasant search and you can fill up ashoebox,( ok maybe not a shoe box but guess who has one) full of pretty barettes. I collect them in my travels because I always need one to clip up my hair.
good luck and have fun.
still staying true and thankful
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 10:59 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
I've heard Lilla Rose Flexiclips are good for fine hair, but I have never tried them.

https://www.lillarose.biz/
These are all so beautiful and so feminine. Thank you

I love that they have a video guide for choosing the right size.
Old 02-03-18, 10:59 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
France Luxe makes some very nice, age-appropriate hair barrettes and other hair accessories.
These are gorgeous, and I don't mind paying a bit more for something that will last.

Tags
beauty thread, beauty thread '18, oils