Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-16, 03:33 PM  
puja

Finally got TA Meta but....

So I just ordered Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis (hipcentric) because I finally found a set on eBay for a reasonable price. I haven't received it yet so I don't know what I think of it yet! I've searched for past threads on this but I didn't find too many answers (if they're out there I didn't see much) so here's is my questions for those of you who've done Meta or her other DVDs: Can I mix in other workouts or do I need to be exclusive? Do I have to stop lifting? I don't currently lift heavy but I do lift probably more than TA would like, although just for my lower body. I've seen so many people on here who've said they've had such great results but can I see these results if I'm not entirely monogamous? Thanks guys
puja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 03:46 PM  
Suzan66

Here is Meta Omni (I think.. it looks familiar and that's what I have). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGyXYhP6CyU

You will get your best results doing it exclusively.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 03:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I'd love to hear responses too!

I am currently adding in TAM Meta Omnicentric and Abcentric levels and mixing them in with similar (high rep/low or no weight) workouts like barre and Tonique. I've done a general combination of these over the last 2 or 3 years with consistently great results in my lower body. I know when I really emphasize TAM I get great results in my midsection and inner thighs too. But I too cannot be consistent with just one instructor...although I do not doubt that exclusivity to TAM would offer up GREAT results.
Old 07-14-16, 04:03 PM  
PhyllisG

I got really great results from Omni. I walked with Leslie instead of doing Tracey's cardio. I stopped lifting. I found Omni very challenging and very effective. I did it after years of Cathe and still found it tough.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 04:22 PM  
cpcathy

Since Tracy thinks you bulk doing heavy weights, and if you want the results she promises, do Meta exclusively. Her program is so very much different than heavy lifting, it's just a choice, you either lift or you do her kind of training. I could not stand her cardio though, so I did other dance workouts instead.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 04:50 PM  
puja

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy View Post
I could not stand her cardio though, so I did other dance workouts instead.
I've read this in other threads so I'm glad to hear that I can sub something else. Of course I haven't tried her cardio but if it's a ton of jumping around I can't imagine it's something I'll be wanting to do.
The results she promises (lean and not overly muscular) sound great, but I also want a rounder backside which I thought, perhaps falsely, would come from building muscle there. Perhaps this is a one or the other thing.
Old 07-14-16, 05:10 PM  
JulieIL

I had fantastic results using primarily Glutecentric (hourglass, streamlined silhouette), but when my weight loss left me with a deflated behind despite doing Glutecentric, I added Tonique once or twice a week.

I had previously lifted heavy and done extreme workouts, so it was difficult to remain committed to TA, especially since I had always done boot camp/Cathe/Jillian type workouts. I was shocked at how nicely TA streamlined my silhouette (admittedly, it was also much easier to maintain my weight loss doing TA, as the extreme workouts left me famished and exhausted). Adding Tonique helped me regain my juicy booty. I did the squat and lunge sections of Premiere, or the second workout of BTM once or twice a week. HTH.
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 05:18 PM  
puja

Yes! "Juicy" was the word I was after. Which toniques? I have the early set, Tonique 2 I think which I never do
Old 07-14-16, 05:55 PM  
JulieIL

I used the squat and lunge section on Premiere (I think it's free on youtube, but the purchase price is really cheap & I use the lunge section a lot, as it leaves me sore in my hamstrings and glutes without overworking my quads). Also, the second workout on the Born to Move DVD (this is the shortest workout, but it's so tough and extremely effective).

She may have similar or better workouts out now (I think he newest are downloads, all of which are very reasonably priced). You may want to start another thread on "Which Toniques will give me the juiciest booty?" I am amazed and impressed at how knowledgeable her regulars are regarding her workouts.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 06:28 PM  
puja

Thank you thank you!
I was just reading some past threads on butt workouts and Tonique was mentioned often.