Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-10-13, 07:08 AM  
isebelleg44

So I did BodyFit 360 yesterday

I was ready to bail during the warm up, because no matter how hard I try my hips don't move that way. I am glad I persevered and continued with the workout. I liked it and it is different than anything I have. I felt so good afterwards and would classify it as a little dance, yoga and pilates, so I guess it is a fusion workout. The sets are not long and there are not a lot of reps. I think it would get harder, once I get more familiar with the workout.

What do you think of this workout? How would you classify it? Is it like an Ellen Barrett workout?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 08:01 AM  
darbyndoug

I've been really curious about this one... it seems unlike anything I've done. Is there a cardio factor?
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 08:25 AM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I really like this workout - like you said, it's different from anything else that I have. I've done it twice and both times ended up a sweaty mess - there are lots of planks and other core-intensive moves.

There are a couple of moves (basically the ones she previews) that I go very slowly with just because I can't keep up with their pace.

The workout makes me appreciate how strong dancers are, that's for sure!

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 08:41 AM  
momofcha

I this workout. I agree, it's unlike any other. I dream body and what this seems to be to me, is dream body "lite" - and by lite I don't mean less worked. It is fusion like DB, but less "frantic". Very controlled, slow-er moves. I am a sweaty mess by the end as well.

What I enjoy most from these, is I feel worked, but not spent. I am not drained, but energized. I feel worked from head to toe, challenged. Since receiving this, I have been doing it about twice a week.

I can't wait for more like this.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 09:51 AM  
moonbeam31

I have had my eye on and off this one for a while=afraid it ay be too hard-IDK? Is it anything like Will Power & Grace Mile High?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 10:00 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I bought this during Mary's sale and will preview it this weekend. I can't wait to try it!!
Old 07-10-13, 10:05 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I did this Monday for the first time. It was unlike anything I ever did as well and makes me wonder why fusion type instructors haven't produced anything like it. The closest workout I've done is the Core Fusion Cardio / Bootcamp workouts on YogaVibes, but they don't have anything tricky in them.

You can tell Michelle is a dancer at heart. Her cueing was great.

I thought I would be really sore yesterday but I wasn't. There was an unbelievable stretch at the end - probably about 10 minutes. I'm looking forward to mastering it.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 10:42 AM  
clerkin11

I just ordered this from Mary's sale and I did the workout on Monday. I loved it. I agree that it was challenging without wiping me out completely and I was dripping with sweat. I don't really do any barre or fusion type workouts, but doing this made me think I need to add this type of workout in at least once a week. I was a little worried about my wrists, and I'm not very flexible (also my arms are not long enough to hold me up while I swing through), so I just did those parts at my own pace in my own way.
Overall, it is a winner and I would do more workouts like this.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 11:17 AM  
Mickey12

I also got this one from Mary's sale and did it last night. It's really different and it's really great!! There is definitely a cardio factor for me and I had to stop part way to catch my breath. I agree with the other poster that the warmup had me worried because I could not get my hips into it either as I am not a dancer at all, but after the warmup, the moves get much more althetic and less dancy for the most part. It sort of reminded me of Travis's yoga wherein he takes you to your limit and just when you think you can't do anything more, he brings you down for a rest/stetch at exactly the right moment.

I felt extremely challenged during the workout but not spent and I was surprised that I didn't wake up sore. As others posted, once I master the moves a little more, I may be able to get a better burn but I was able to keep up with most of them. I very much enjoyed the workout. I've never done any Ellen Barrett or other barre/fusion workouts, so I don't know how it compares to them. I also really liked the music.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 11:27 AM  
mrsyancy

Oh yes....I love, love, love this workout. It is so refreshing. Like others have said, it is very different from anything that I have(and I have a lot)

It's fun, but tough, but not too tough.....and I feel oh so good when I finish.

I really hope she does more like this
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote