Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-16, 02:15 PM  
Vantreesta

oscillating tower fan question

Even though my gym is in the basement I still get really hot so I have three fans in there. One is a box fan and the other two are the typical big round fan head on an adjustable post (most of the time I just use these two). For several years I have been considering getting one of those tower fans because they take up less space and look nicer, but I have never used/been around one so I don't know how powerful they are and if just one would be enough for me. Since they cost more I am doing some research before I bite. My space is roughly 15'x16'. Does anyone use a tower fan for their workout space and can weigh in with pros and cons? Thanks for any thoughts!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 11:18 AM  
kalliope999

We have one, I think a Lasko w/ ionizer, that we use for the living room in the summer. The LR also serves as our workout space in our house. We don't have central air conditioning and window units are impractical for our first floor layout, so we depend on fans.

Between the tower fan and the ceiling fan, we do all right. We actually don't put it on the highest setting very often, so I'm sure if you cranked it, it would even be better. We plan to get a second one for our third floor office space (where we DO thankfully have a window AC unit). We bought the first one because we already had a (short) tower space heater for our kitchen, and we liked the design and functionality a lot. And my parents have had one for a few years that works well for them, and we'd admire it when we visited.

I have no complaints about it, really! It looks nice and performs well, and I've recommended it to friends.
Old 05-01-16, 01:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Nicole, thanks so much for the feedback and recommendation! I was looking at one with the ionizer and liked the claim on the box that it made it feel more like fresh air. Running on the tm once it's warmer but still too dark when I have time is tkrture some nights! My light box has an ionizer and I like that. I appreciate your thoughts!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot weather