Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-11, 08:18 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Wow! That was a very thorough description & breakdown. Thank you! And yeah, I caved
You're welcome, let us know how you like the workouts.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 08:20 PM  
Steve4404

Skogg

I agree 100% with IcebergSlim. I do not have RKS but after seeing clips of their form (and youtube videos of people training with RKS) I think it's best to stick with the basics. I do the Skogg workouts with a 20KG bell and believe me, I am not bored. I burn over 500 calories in 25 minutes. If you are bored, move to heavier bell and invest in a personal training session with a professional. It makes a world of difference!
Steve4404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 10:04 PM  
counterclockwise

The instructor in most of the RKS workouts, Owen, fortunately does have great form. The RKS website clips really should show more of that. Their clips really don't do Owen justice from what I remember.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 06:58 AM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve4404 View Post
I agree 100% with IcebergSlim. I do not have RKS but after seeing clips of their form (and youtube videos of people training with RKS) I think it's best to stick with the basics. I do the Skogg workouts with a 20KG bell and believe me, I am not bored. I burn over 500 calories in 25 minutes. If you are bored, move to heavier bell and invest in a personal training session with a professional. It makes a world of difference!
That would be my youtube videos I did Skogg when it came out and also before doing RKS. I know my form isn't great but thats why I recorded myself so I could see if I am doing anything wrong. I learned quite a bit from Skogg, Anthony, Keith Weber watching the dvds but never had personal instruction (which I probably need). I think im improving but don't blame RKS for my bad form since I do the workouts on a small tv screen I can't really see what they are doing so I can't mimic them. I have watched Owen while previewing the workouts and he has perfect form.

I will second that Skogg has the best instruction. I really struggled with certain moves and vastly improved on them after doing Skogg. I sometimes start spacing out and find myself banging my arm on cleans or snatches.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, michael skogg, skogg, skogg breakdown, skogg kettlebell system, skogg system