Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-17, 10:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Live Travis Eliot/Bryan Kest

How much would you pay to attend live classes with both of them? I live near a
new place that seems sort of like "Kripalu West". There is a weekend session with Travis and Bryan. Three classes + lecture by Travis and one class by Bryan. What would you be willing to pay for that? I was pretty interested, but
not sure for $350. I suppose it is sort of a once in a lifetime opportunity......
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 10:34 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
How much would you pay to attend live classes with both of them? I live near a
new place that seems sort of like "Kripalu West". There is a weekend session with Travis and Bryan. Three classes + lecture by Travis and one class by Bryan. What would you be willing to pay for that? I was pretty interested, but
not sure for $350. I suppose it is sort of a once in a lifetime opportunity......
Maybe once in the lifetime opportunity, but my instant gut reaction was NO! Not at that price, but of course, that depends on the availability of your funds and how much you really want it. That's a steep price for sure!
Old 05-25-17, 04:59 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Although the center you mentioned isn't Kripalu, I checked the Kripalu site, and the Omega Institute site, to see what they charge for weekend courses. $350 looks to be an "industry standard".

I personally don't think that paying $350 for a weekend with 2 noted yoga teachers is out of line. Whether it's affordable for a lot of people is another question, but these teachers have to put together classes and talks and pretty much be "on" constantly.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 08:53 AM  
laurajhawk

I'd at least consider paying that (yeah, it would depend on whether I had the $$ to spare at the time). It's slightly cheaper than the price of a weekend at a YJ Live conference or Hanuman festival, with world-class teachers. And I've paid $100 for two classes with Travis and not been sorry!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 05:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Laura, I'm so glad you chimed in with your "worth it" comment. My original post didn't explain myself very well, but that's exactly what I was wondering. I really
would like to sign up. My family is off to Europe on Saturday so I'm not signing up yet -- we'll see if I don't feel completely poor by the time we get back.
Old 05-25-17, 06:09 PM  
daisyduke

What does that include? Hotel? Food? Yoga?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 07:19 AM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

I would pay it for those two particular teachers. Maybe not for many others, but for Travis and Bryan, I'd be all over it.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 09:40 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
What does that include? Hotel? Food? Yoga?
That's just yoga/lectures. There is a separate charge for lodging, which I don't even need since I live nearby. I didn't look into the food piece -- I imagine it may be bundled with the lodging, which I suppose maybe they're not willing to unbundle for me.
Old 05-26-17, 05:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

If I had the money I would. Just because the two are worth it to me. Bryan's Power Yoga studio is all donation-based so I suppose they have to make money some way.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 06:37 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

So it basically works out to $70 per 'class' (factoring the lecture, also.) I suppose it comes down to whether or not you're willing to pay that much per class.... for me, it would be a no-go, but as others have said, it's kind of up to you what your willing to pay. Classic case of what the market will bear!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote