Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-17, 08:40 PM  
upperwside

Forte Fit.. best site ever!!

https://www.forte.fit/classes

Ok.. I LOVE Cathe Live and On Demand.. but you got to shake things up once in a while. I love this site.. the classes are endless and so much fun! I did Aero Barre today and it was so much fun.. I then decided to kill my self and add another Aero Space workout on. There is everything you could imagine on here. I have a full gym at home with all the needed equipment .. but even if you do not.. there is a lot on here that does not use a lot of equipment. I got a year membership .. but you can get a free trial. I also tried a Exhale barre class that was killer. The price is pretty darn cheap considering all the content. I am obsessed with checking it all out.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 07:28 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

So funny, I'm still on the fence. The rather bad quality bothers me. On the other hand the Exhale classes just by themselves are worth the 99/year fee. I still have two weeks to decide wheather to join or not.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 08:10 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
So funny, I'm still on the fence. The rather bad quality bothers me. On the other hand the Exhale classes just by themselves are worth the 99/year fee. I still have two weeks to decide wheather to join or not.
Hi! Did you Macska original post this site? I cannot remember who did.. but I am so thankful. I don't mind the quality.. I get such a good workout that the camera angles don't bother me one bit. The RIPPED workouts are AMAZING.. and there are so many of them.. all total body and cardio. Pretty intense. The Aero Space workouts are alone worth it to me. They are a lot of fun. I also love the kettlebell workouts.. minus the too long warm ups.. I just skip that part. I also like how the volume is good.. I can hear everything clearly. This site is a dream come true for the ADD home exerciser!!
Old 05-25-17, 03:05 AM  
Lannette

Their terms of use left me running in the opposite direction. They just don't come off as very trusting or for that matter nice folks. I don't think I've ever seen anyone post terms that are that abrasive and in your face.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 05:56 AM  
olala

Quote:
The price is pretty darn cheap considering all the content
I think you obligated to pay 288$ automatically next year.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 07:20 AM  
Malia

I was curious so I read their Terms of Service (something I normally don't do when signing up for something and I know that's a horrible practice) and these really stuck out at me - I am not taking this out of context but I can't imagine they really mean it this way:

You may not do any of these things. If you do, we’ll probably terminate your account. You may also be subject to further legal action by us or others and have to pay financial consequences or worse.

Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.. So if I tell my husband the shoes I just bought were $20 and they were really $30 they will kick me off their site?

This one is interesting too - We may, in our sole discretion, round up or round down amounts that are payable from or to Providers or Users to the nearest whole cent or dollar amount.

This is under deleting your account - You can terminate and delete your account at any time, but we do not give refunds. If you do terminate or delete your account, we may not reinstate your access to the Service.

The last term is - Entire Agreement. We have various other agreements, policies, rules, and guidelines related to using our Service (“Supplemental Terms”). You must follow those Supplemental Terms when using our Service. These Terms still control if there is ever a conflict between these Terms and any Supplemental Terms. These Terms and the Supplemental Terms are the entire and exclusive agreement between you and Forte regarding the Service. They don't tell you where the supplemental terms are, though.

Looks like they hired a lawyer to write it up.
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 07:31 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Well, I don't think i will bite. I will cancel during my trial.

David Goggins
Old 05-25-17, 02:20 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

The terms of use sound like they were written by an irate teenager or something.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 04:31 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I canceled today. Another cursing instructor put the final nail into the coffin for me.

David Goggins
Old 05-26-17, 01:42 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by olala View Post
I think you obligated to pay 288$ automatically next year.
No. I sent them an email. You can cancel after the one year and not be charged. I will pay $99 for this whole year. If I renew, it goes up... but I am not obligated to sign up again or pay that price.