Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-17, 07:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I wonder if it will be available on DVD or just streaming? I love Jamaica!
They posted on Facebook on the 17th that the new season would be on DVD.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-17, 07:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
They posted on Facebook on the 17th that the new season would be on DVD.

Carol
Sounds good. Thanks, Carol! I'll see what the focus is and may buy it when released. Somehow, I don't think there will be Season 13 on DVD.
Old 05-23-17, 09:10 PM  
anetta

Thanks for the information.

I would love to meet Miranda.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 02:18 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Season 11 came out not long after the Aging Backwards and many of the beginner DVD's (Age Reversal, Mobility and Pain Free workouts (mostly stretching), Toning for Beginners etc). I just thought Season 11 was very similar to many of the movements in these beginner dvd's. Some say that you can make them more intense but I couldn't. I just felt it was too much like all the beginner workouts. It is even lumped in the Beginner Bungle package. I don't have a problem with beginner workouts but it just felt for about 1 1/2 years they were only putting out beginner material. I really wanted Season 11 to be intermediate or advance but I was bored by them. There are a few of the episodes that are better than others.
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts Izzy. I've the Mobility and Pain Free DVDs from the Aging Backwards bundle, I like them quite a bit, I use them for recovery days as they are more stretching as you mentioned. I love the intensity of Season 10. What is your favorite Season?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 08:18 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts Izzy. I've the Mobility and Pain Free DVDs from the Aging Backwards bundle, I like them quite a bit, I use them for recovery days as they are more stretching as you mentioned. I love the intensity of Season 10. What is your favorite Season?
Probably Season's 7, 8 and 9. I tend to go back to these most often.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 08:21 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Sounds good. Thanks, Carol! I'll see what the focus is and may buy it when released. Somehow, I don't think there will be Season 13 on DVD.
I hope there is a Season 13. Even if Miranda ever retired there are plenty of in-structure's who can carry on the CS legacy. Keep in mind these were originally filmed for PBS then converted to DVD's. I think there is still quite the following of folks who watch/do CS on PBS.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 03:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Gina ~ Which season do you enjoy the most? I've had a few seasons through out the years, then traded etc. I think I want just 1 season but struggle deciding. I'm considering seasons 8, nd 9, 10 or 11.
Tina, they're all good but I just love season 8 the best! Actually, the 'even' seasons (6, 8, 10) are all the ones I've reached for the most.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 03:51 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I have to echo the thoughts of Season 11 -- I rarely do any of that season. They're just too slow, and I get neither a toning or stretching effect from them. I really wanted to like them, and have tried to like them, but I just don't.

I mostly do Sahra's workouts on ETV, and if I'm doing CS, I usually pick from seasons 8, 9, or 10, and that's about it for me. I like a few from season 7, but not as many.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 04:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I have to echo the thoughts of Season 11 -- I rarely do any of that season. They're just too slow, and I get neither a toning or stretching effect from them. I really wanted to like them, and have tried to like them, but I just don't.
I guess I did alright by following my gut and not purchasing Season 11. I have Seasons 6-10 and most of Essentrics and I like them all although I haven't been using them lately. I know that I'll get back to CS/Ess eventually. I always do. I'll be curious to read about what the focus of Season 12 will be and then I'll decide whether to buy or not.

JackieB, please let us know what you find out!
Old 05-24-17, 04:33 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I really like Season 11. I do a CS 3-5 times a week and have no real "plan." I just grab a DVD, scan the titles and pick one. I've been doing mostly lower body stuff because I'm working through some knee and muscle pain in one leg with a PT, and the CS has really helped (even though the PT told me to only do the exercises she gave me).

All the seasons seem the same to me. Many of the episodes use many of the same exercises, including Essentrics. I know different seasons have different focus, and I guess I'll notice that more as I do more of them. I have Seasons 8, 10 and 11 and 4 or 5 Essentrics. My leg problems pushed me to start using them (I've had them for ages!) and I'm hooked!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote