Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-17, 10:09 PM  
Izzy

I am happy about this. I hope the season 12 is more advanced than 11. That was my least favorite.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-17, 02:04 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I am happy about this. I hope the season 12 is more advanced than 11. That was my least favorite.
I've Season 10 and love it! I'm still debating about Season 11, what didn't you like about it? If you wouldn't mind to share.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-17, 08:22 AM  
TinaT

Gina ~ Which season do you enjoy the most? I've had a few seasons through out the years, then traded etc. I think I want just 1 season but struggle deciding. I'm considering seasons 8, 9, 10 or 11.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-17, 10:28 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm pretty excited that Miranda filmed another season; the pictures look gorgeous.

I'm going to be talking to the Montreal office and hoping I can learn what the focus of Season 12 will be.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-17, 02:36 PM  
Cecelia

Thanks for sharing! It made me wonder, though, are the folks behind the camera who appear to be doing classical stretch with Miranda, are they helping her remember what comes next or maybe letting her know when to switch sides? And also, does she film with the music in the background? When I do Classical Stretch, it sometimes seems like she is aware of when a song has ended and another one begins.
Stupid questions, I know. Just curious!
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-17, 02:47 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-17, 02:50 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I've Season 10 and love it! I'm still debating about Season 11, what didn't you like about it? If you wouldn't mind to share.
Season 11 came out not long after the Aging Backwards and many of the beginner DVD's (Age Reversal, Mobility and Pain Free workouts (mostly stretching), Toning for Beginners etc). I just thought Season 11 was very similar to many of the movements in these beginner dvd's. Some say that you can make them more intense but I couldn't. I just felt it was too much like all the beginner workouts. It is even lumped in the Beginner Bungle package. I don't have a problem with beginner workouts but it just felt for about 1 1/2 years they were only putting out beginner material. I really wanted Season 11 to be intermediate or advance but I was bored by them. There are a few of the episodes that are better than others.
Old 05-23-17, 02:52 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecelia View Post
Thanks for sharing! It made me wonder, though, are the folks behind the camera who appear to be doing classical stretch with Miranda, are they helping her remember what comes next or maybe letting her know when to switch sides? And also, does she film with the music in the background? When I do Classical Stretch, it sometimes seems like she is aware of when a song has ended and another one begins.
Stupid questions, I know. Just curious!
I think they are assisting her. Especially when she starts talking and loses track of what she is doing. In another season preview you can see the folks behind the camera as well. One is holding up a card and the other is doing the moves with Miranda.
Old 05-23-17, 02:53 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I'm pretty excited that Miranda filmed another season; the pictures look gorgeous.

I'm going to be talking to the Montreal office and hoping I can learn what the focus of Season 12 will be.
Wonderful!! Thank you Jackie! BTW I saw the picture of you and your daughter on their Mother's Day email promo. All the mother/daughter pictures were so cute.
Old 05-23-17, 07:38 PM  
DCW

Thanks Jackie!!!

I like the instructions in Season 11, especially disc 1 and I don't own any of the " beginners " dvds. I do Season 11 randomly to make sure I execute the moves correctly. When I want folks to try CS I use Season 11.

I look forward to new material. Cuz I CS Essentrics.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote