Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-17, 12:06 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the suggestions. I started by ordering a couple pair of the Danskin to try out. I have worn those long ago (not from Walmart) and liked them although they seemed to run small. I will have to stop at Marshalls and Kohls when I can and check them out. I just want plain ones but so many have blocks of color or mesh.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 10:06 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i was just in Sam's club yesterday and they have a large collection of Marika brand capri for sale.
Yes, I bought quite a few capris a few months ago when they were trying to get rid of them and they were dirt cheap ($7/pair). Not sure of the brand, (could have been Marika), but they were really cute with subtle prints and were reversible, so you were actually getting 2 capris for the price of one. They had some cute tops to go with them (those were Tangerine brand, I believe) and really cheap also.

I don't really look at the brand names; I go according to how they fit and if they make my thighs look bigger, LOL! Some of those prints they have out now....um, NO! I usually go for the solid colors...boring but look better on my thighs and you can pair them with more tops!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 10:14 AM  
alisoncooks

I have a pair of Danskin Now from Walmart. They're more of a cotton mix and are comfy, but they get a bit saggy in the knees (they're still my go-to for weight work). I don't use them for walking b/c they have raised seams, which = chub rub.

I bought a pair of YogaReflex off Amazon. They're thin and stretchy and soft (not that shiny, thick material -- I personally hate that). They are 87% polyester/13% spandex but feel soft and smooth. They have flat seams, so they've become my walking capris. (Check reviews though; apparently they have different model numbers and some are more sheer than others. Mine are not sheer -- and, sadly, I'm stretching them to the max right now.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 11:24 AM  
sherry7899

I really like the Danskin Now from Walmart. Unfortunately, they discontinued my favorite cut. I found another style I really liked. I went back to order more (they are online only) and the price has doubled! I am going to wait to see if the price goes back down. They wash and wear really well. I use them for workouts, pajama bottoms and to wear around the house.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 08:47 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
90 Degree By Reflex look great and are reasonably priced. I have legging issues because of where they hit my waist. Being short-waisted they end up under my armpits-almost. Fun. I tend to go up a size so they slide down closer to my hips~then I pull them up all the time. No win situation for my body type as I've yet to find workout gear specifically for petities.Thanks for the recommendation, Jeannie.
I love the 90 Degree leggings! They do not move-even during Pilates Rollup-my ultimate test. The quality is every bit as nice as my Popflex and Lulu(both of which were gifts-I am too cheap to buy pricey stuff).

I have also had goood luck with Avia leggings from Walmart. They stay in place better than most do.
Old 05-25-17, 02:20 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
I love the 90 Degree leggings! They do not move-even during Pilates Rollup-my ultimate test. The quality is every bit as nice as my Popflex and Lulu(both of which were gifts-I am too cheap to buy pricey stuff).
Cheri, I am so glad you like them! I am obsessed with them. I can't stop myself from buying all the styles I don't have. It's like a 90 Degree treasure hunt every time I go into Marshall's or TJM! I have found some of the cutest ones with mesh and lace up the legs. I also have some that are so dressy I wear them out at night with heels (the leggings, not the capris). And yes, the quality is amazing. They last and last through many washings too!
Old 05-26-17, 08:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I love the 90 degree leggings too and I too have worn them out with boots and a long sweater too! It's funny, I bought a pair of the capris, I think from Annie Sez in the same size as the leggings and they are very uncomfortable around the mid section. The other pairs I have are soooo comfortable. I'm wondering if the ones from Annie Sez were either irregulars or maybe they had the control tummy panel? Now I just wish I remember where I bought the so comfortable ones I love.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 09:10 AM  
bubbles76

How about if you have a big booty and small waist? There is a 12 inch difference between my butt and waist.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 11:00 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
How about if you have a big booty and small waist? There is a 12 inch difference between my butt and waist.
Don't I wish, haha. My waist is about 9" smaller than my hips so I am pretty close to an hourglass.

The 90 Degree are on Amazon for about $19.99. I do have prime so that means free shipping and returns, if they don't work.
Old 05-26-17, 11:10 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:

The 90 Degree are on Amazon for about $19.99. I do have prime so that means free shipping and returns, if they don't work.
I haven't been able to find the cuter styles on Amazon, but the free shipping and returns counts for a lot in my book! I did see that SierraTradingPost.com has some styles on sale for $6.00. They do have $5.95 shipping, but that's still only around $12.00 for a pair. I get emails from STP, and sometimes they have 99 cent shipping for a minimum order of $50.

My best luck finding the 90 Degree, hands down, has been Marshall's and TJM. They are usually $14.99 there. I found a pair today at Burlington Coat Factory for $12.99. I didn't even know they carried them there!