Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-17, 01:08 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Buzzer!

I'm disappointed for overpaying too, but i'm glad they'll be available! I didn't think it was in my head about Bump 2 being more expensive when I bought it so I'm glad you thought so too! Their new prices are definitely more reasonable now. Hopefully they'll continue to add to their collection!

If you like Sweat Lab, you will definitely like Bump 2. It says 35 minutes but it's actually 39:44 minutes, and is very kickboxing inspired. It is like a mix of their Bikini Body Bootcamp kick box workouts and Butt Camp, as there is lower body toning intermixed throughout. So lots of cardio, lots of lower body toning but upper/core are worked too through the kickboxing part. They use light weights only for the workout. I like it but I like Bump 1 more, especially because Bump 1 has a more barre focus, and I really like the use of the gliders. Also the Bump 1 is nicer production, brighter set, Bump 2, like Sweat Lab and the GI8, is in a dim set and the music isn't as good. But I'm still glad to have it! I have enjoyed it very much. I really like the kickboxing influence.

I like the Sweat Labs, they just weren't AMAZING to me like I feel the first two DVD sets were. I agree with you though they are made more doable with a shorter timeframe and then you can stack them if you'd like. GI8 is the same, more doable and a little less intense (based on the three I was able to do with my arm issue) but easily stackable or add to other workouts.

I think you're saving the best for last because the Total Body Resistance Band DVD is very good. I don't have the other DVDs in that set because they just didn't look intense. I was never able to really get into her Interval Barre Fusion workouts. I just wish there had been more "oomph" to them. Maybe alternate toning and cardio? Or having a total body series would have been great. Like you said, Linda is great and her workouts offer a focused workout, but there's just not enough challenge (some of her workouts are more challenging for sure), unless that's what you're looking for like you're pushing yourself more on other days. They would be great to mix with your 5k training! I'm glad they've had value for that purpose.

I'm not as crazy about her arm workouts, not her fault but I tend to prefer more traditional weight training for my upper body. It's interesting that those were mostly misses for you. Although I like working my upper body in DB workouts as part of a total body workout, like the intense work in Barre and InTENse I think because there's cardio and other stuff going on too, like the wall squat while doing upper body in InTENse ().

Have you tried her Mix and Match HIIT yet? That is her most DB-ish workout, in my opinion. I think you would like that one. It has both cardio and the toning is dynamic, multi-muscle and more challenging. I really like the mat workout in that one especially.

It's so hard to tell anymore what is available for sale long term and what to jump on today so I feel like I've had to be more spend than I usually would be to make sure I have what I really want. It's definitely frustrating!

I appreciate the check in invitation and I think I'll check it out! I haven't participated in a check in since my Tonique check in fizzled out quite a while ago. It will be good to stay in touch! Especially with my frustration/challenges with my tennis elbow.
Old 05-25-17, 11:46 AM  
muffins135

Are these downloads user friendly?
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 01:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
Are these downloads user friendly?
FYI when I bought Bump 2 from their website a couple months ago, it was very user friendly. They sent me a link that I clicked on and the video started to download (much like a Tonique download). However when I bought the GI8 it was very difficult and I had to put a new app on my computer.
Old 05-25-17, 05:17 PM  
kettlebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco
when I bought the GI8 it was very difficult and I had to put a new app on my computer.
What app did you have to install on your computer? TIA
kettlebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 08:45 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlebell View Post
What app did you have to install on your computer? TIA
Hi, I have a MacBook and I downloaded Folx. You can google "how to download from mykajabi" which is the website that hosts the GI8 program. I'm happy with Folx for Mac and it was free.
Old 05-30-17, 08:57 AM  
deineira

Hi,
These are on sale as of this morning. The Great in 8 workouts are $9.99 each for downloads. I don't think that's too bad given the initial cost of the entire program. I've been doing Dream Body lately, so I will definitely purchase these.
I'm bummed there's no Amy workout. She's one of my favorite DB instructors...
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 12:47 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Hi,
These are on sale as of this morning. The Great in 8 workouts are $9.99 each for downloads. I don't think that's too bad given the initial cost of the entire program. I've been doing Dream Body lately, so I will definitely purchase these.
I'm bummed there's no Amy workout. She's one of my favorite DB instructors...
I bought a few this morning.. if I like the few I got I will get them all. The price is great and you can pick or choose or buy one a month etc.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 01:39 PM  
acescholar

I'm interested in one or two of these, but I don't think I want to download an app just to acquire them. Has everyone who bought these needed a special app to get them to download? TIA!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 02:42 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I bought a few this morning.. if I like the few I got I will get them all. The price is great and you can pick or choose or buy one a month etc.
Which ones did you get? I think I'll get all of them except for the HiiT one, but I'll probably break down and get it at some point...I wonder if they will raise the prices later???
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 03:44 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I'm interested in one or two of these, but I don't think I want to download an app just to acquire them. Has everyone who bought these needed a special app to get them to download? TIA!
Nope.. I just clicked download and it downloaded onto my laptop in 2 minutes. Saved in a file in my downloads.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote