Kathy Smith Step Workout

Sean Corn-Vinyasa Flow Yoga

Sadie Lincoln barre 3

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-17, 04:17 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Original step at GW

My sister and I hit a bunch of resale places today. I saw quite a few DVD workouts that aren't the common ones that are everywhere, but I didn't get anything. I passed on an original step, the big one, for the odd price of $6.76. It was pretty beat up, but still usable. No risers.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-17, 05:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I saw quite a few DVD workouts that aren't the common ones that are everywhere
....curious minds want to know - what titles did you see? i find that seeing uncommon titles is always interesting!

i picked up Kristin McGee's MTV yoga for $1 (and Martha Stewart Cookies cookbook for $6) at a used bookstore.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 05:49 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
....curious minds want to know - what titles did you see? i find that seeing uncommon titles is always interesting!
I was afraid someone would ask this! My memory is shot these days and we saw so many things, not just DVDs, that I can't remember much. One DVD resale place is HUGE. Think the biggest Blockbuster you ever saw! There I saw, for the first time ever, 2 copies of P90x ($40, I think), several Wi fitness boards w/ assorted add-ons (various prices hovering around $35), and a bunch of stuff I never heard of. The usual Tae Bo, Jillian, and other WalMart-sold were there, of course.

At another spot, I saw a Mari Windsor step workout on VHS. Didn't even know there was such a thing. There was Slim in Six (or was it Slim Series) Keep it Up somewhere in the half-dozen places we went.

I wish I had a better idea of what other people wanted. I've seen lots of things I wasn't interested in but thought someone on VF would be.

Sorry, bzar, wish I could be more specific. I was overwhelmed.

ETA: another thread reminded me I saw a Gilad DVD, can't remember which one. First time ever and another one I regret not jumping on.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 02:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I was afraid someone would ask this!
_____
YADeb
Deb - thanks. it's always interesting what other people see!

yesterday, Saver's had a 50% all books and media for "club members". they periodically send you emails to club members for these special sales that are available to "club members only" by showing their card. the public is not aware of these private sales, although the store is open to all. they also give club members a pre-sale date, like the day before Memorial Day coming up, in advance of opening it up to the public.

anyway, I saw Weider X-Factor 12 disc set for $9.99 ($5 for me with the 50% special sale). I asked the clerk if I could inspect the discs, and she said yes. unfortunately.... the discs were damaged! I could tell that the design of the plastic box it was in caused the damages. this box was square, like the perimeter of a CD jewel case but thicker to accommodate 12 discs on leaves.

these weren't just light scratches but deep ones on several of the edges of the discs. the rims of the plastic box were sharp and wouldn't line up consistently, thereby causing the deep scratches.

I think Weider might have changed the design of the case because the 12-disc set now appears to come in a conventional-looking case.

I was pretty bummed after going back and reading old VF threads about this set. it sounds great. I think at the time, I didn't jump on the WalMart frenzy (Ruthless, Proform's Clean Energy and X-Factor ST were 3 sets offered at the time) because I just bought Met-RX and Drop 2 Sizes for super cheap.

for this sale, I had actually gone back to get 2 Biggest Loser workouts that I didn't already have in my collection (Bootcamp and Last Chance) that I saw last week, however, someone snatched it up! they were $1.99 regular price.

I saw these but did not pick them up:
new re-filmed slim in 6 in great condition for $2.99
slim series Tear It Up or Mix It Up for $2.99 each
Peggy Cappy Yoga for Back Care, $1.99 (I considered getting this)
TA Omnicentric for $1.99 each DVD
Gaiam CorePower Yoga with Trevor Tice $1.99
Gaiam Weight Loss yoga with Colleen Saidman $1.99

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-23-17, 07:51 PM  
CharM

Today I found a Zumba Rizer! No dvds. I didn't buy it because there were scratches and it sounded like there was something rattling inside. Although for $5, I probably should not have been so picky.

I did find two tops that made me realize I dress like an old lady, but I don't care, one still had original tags on it, for $3.15 each. whoohooo They've finally lowered their prices on clothes.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-17, 11:46 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Two Shaun T hip hop abs dvds in perfect condition for 50 cents each!! Of course I scored lol!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-17, 01:09 PM  
Kitten

Not a thrift store, but a yard sale find.

I bought Billy's Boot Camp Elite & Hip Hop abs for $8. total. Complete kits, never used, everything except the boxes used for shipping unopened.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-17, 03:49 PM  
Garrie A.

Today I found the basic Country Heat set plus bonus Mash Up DVD at a yard sale all for $10.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-17, 04:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
Today I found the basic Country Heat set plus bonus Mash Up DVD at a yard sale all for $10.
way cool garrie! we expect a full review!

Tags
leslie super walk kit, resistance booster cables, thrift store finds, walk-eat-lose, x-factor st