Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-17, 07:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I am looking for recommendations for a good brush to buff on powder foundation - not a ridiculously expensive one, a quality affordable one. Any advice is welcomed!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 07:58 AM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
Yes, you can certainly alternate them. You can also buy tretinoin from All Day Chemist without an rx, if you like. Lots of people on Makeupalley.com do that, and I have too, although I don't tolerate tretinoin well. The shipping is high unless they have a shipping deal going on, but the product is cheap.
Any idea why you don't need an RX to purchase? I checked the site and the price for tretinoin is really, really good - even with high shipping. Thanks.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 08:41 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I am looking for recommendations for a good brush to buff on powder foundation - not a ridiculously expensive one, a quality affordable one. Any advice is welcomed!
I haven't tried them but ELF has dirt cheap brushes. They look good to me. For foundation buffing, I am using the BareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush, $28 @ Ulta. Ulta also carries their own line of brushes, that are a little more affordable.
Old 05-25-17, 08:45 AM  
Carol K

Sephora has good makeup brushes. My powder brush is Paula's Choice, but unfortunately they discontinued their brushes, along with a lot of other good things.
Old 05-25-17, 05:02 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
You Tubers love the Artis brush, but it is pricey. Apparently, the dupes are good too. I saw a good review of the Cailyn O! Wow brush.
-
Old 05-25-17, 05:55 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Take a look at the Sigma flat kabuki brush (sigmabeauty.com). It's not cheap ($25), but it should last a long time. I generally use that one, and it gives a flawless finish. I also like Urban Decay's Good Karma blurring blush--about $10.50 on eBay.

Oops, sorry I just reread your post and you said POWDER foundation. I'm not sure if the brushes I mentioned would work for powder. They're great for liquid though.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 06:25 PM  
BunnyHop

The first thing that sprang to mind is the little powder brush Chanel makes, (Pinceau Retouch) since it's got a wonderful short handle that didn't bang the mirror. (I wear glasses, so have to get kind of close to the mirror to see myself clearly while applying cosmetics). I got one years ago, and it was great quality for the price at the time. Took a closer look at the current prices, , however, and realized that it's now being sold for ridiculous $$$. (Used to cost $25, which is bad enough, now it's almost twice as much. ) Haven't tried one lately to see if it's worth the price increase.

Took a look in my makeup drawer and realized that I mostly use my beauty blender type sponges for foundation/buffing now.

Coincidentally enough, just today I received one of Sephora's PRO Contour Kabuki #82 brushes, that I got mostly because it was a) on sale and b) has a short handle. It seems to be really, really soft, and I do like the cover it comes with. Haven't actually used it, just swiped it across my face a few minutes ago out of curiosity. Haven't tried it, but I do think it suits my needs, since I'll mostly be using it for finishing my overall look once I've put my minerals on with a damp sponge.

Sephora's Classic Multi-tasker #45 or the mini version of the same thing #45.5 are good multi-purpose brushes.

Was browsing around their site and the reviews for the Classic Kabuki #48 seem a bit iffy, seems to have shedding issues.

HTH!!
Old 05-25-17, 06:40 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
Any idea why you don't need an RX to purchase? I checked the site and the price for tretinoin is really, really good - even with high shipping. Thanks.
I'm wondering if its because they come from out of the country. I remember reading something about India on the box. Its been a long time since I ordered.
Old 05-26-17, 07:28 AM  
dnna

the IT cosmetic brushes are fabulous. Is there an ULta near you? They have the whole line. also, when you buy IT makeup on QVC, they offer the brush for free with purchase. -if you would like to try their powder foundation.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 07:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Great tips everyone, thank you! Wow I'm a beauty dunce. Who knew there were so many brushes for so many different applications.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice