Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-03-22, 12:03 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA level 2.9 day 6 + gina b around 20 min walk
today - TA level 2.9 day 7 + 15 min karen voight cardio

so I'm up to 28 reps instead of 30. Not sure I'l make it to 30 sort of don't care there are I think 7 lower body exercises, tons of abs.

ebianco - you may be right, I hope you are, that youtube shares the $ with the actually creators of the content. The app I have, she does post some workouts that aren't her youtube channel, you get a place to save playlists and schedule workouts. Overall I like having it, and it was very affordable when you buy a year.

buzzer - I so get a DH that makes things complicated. It's so frustrating when you trying to get something just DONE and suddenly there are all these others things that 'have' to be part of it. DD got moved to a Full Time job where she's been part time after about 3 months. The hours are rough (2 am to 10 am) but that's TV for you. They spent many weeks letting her train so she is feeling fairly comfortable. You are so right on the retirement. She worked in film when she first graduated and made good money on 1 film and we actually got her started on a Roth IRA so we sort of got her in that mode early (but took some discussion on our part, explaining compounding interest, etc.) So she is very willing to use the corporate plan once if kicks, the match is decent (she'll put in 5% they will match 4%). She just has to wait 30 days which pretty fast. She is a producer for a segments on morning show.

well that's alot about my dd, but we are proud of her!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-22, 07:10 AM  
Buzzer

Xtrain Back, Chest and Shoulders... DONE!

This is a pretty good workout. I use the same weights as Cathe on the chest, although I probably should go up in some spots. She is using them on the ball, I am on my weight bench. So I could go up. However, the back she is a power house and I am not!! HA! I use 20's to her 35's. I use 5's and 8's to her 12's. I can't imagine doing back flies with 12's! She does though. I am working my way up, I know I need to strengthen my back. If I can match her on the chest, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to on the back!

Shoulders I match her too, although for some reason I can go up on some of it. I will remember that for next time.

I am enjoying this rotation, because it isn't all heavy weights, or all cardio, or all endurance weights... it's a mixture of all of them. It really is working for me! I am starting to eye some of my other sets, I'll see how it goes though. Cathe has some rotations that mix some of her sets together, so I might see if I can do two sets at once at some point. I'm not bored yet though!

Yesterday we went to the dinosaur thing, and it was really cool! The dinosaurs were all animated, and huge. Plus there were dragons, which LB loved too. Overall it was really fun. Not something I'd go to every year, but I'm glad we went! LB got to ride on a dinosaur. They were these dinosaurs (she got a triceratops) that were on wheels, and she climbed on the back of it and it slowly moved front feet then back feet around this little area. She could steer it, and it kinda moved like you'd imagine a dinosaur would (if they couldn't bend their knees). She loved it!

It was fun. I didn't work on my island project, because when we got back I got a bag full of trash from the yard (construction trash), then took an hour nap. After the nap I was so groggy, I didn't do anything. I slept pretty OK last night too (6 hours! On TOP of the nap of an hour!!) so hopefully today will be a productive day.

I am having some weird kinda pain/extremely sore muscle feeling in my right elbow area... like, right below my elbow on my forearm. It's random and I can't duplicate it, however every now and then I am like "what the heck?" I'm hoping it clears itself up. I can't touch the pain, it's deep. I dunno. We'll see how this goes. I don't want to give up lifting, so I am going to see if I can figure out what to put on it or do for it to heal it instead!!

Eventmom: that's awesome! You should go on about your daughter! She has done some pretty cool things so far. Hopefully the hours get easier to do eventually! She will eventually get better hours, right now though those aren't too bad! Heck, there's days I'm up at 2am so I suppose I speak from that point of view

Hi Ebianco!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-22, 10:38 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA level 2.9 day 8 + 20 TA cardio

I finally decided I just need to cut off TA's main cardio DVDS (from meta and continuity) at time I want to finish rather than use her short cardio which is either crappy or too easy.

buzzer - sounds like a really fun day with LB! Actually DD has the good hours - one producer comes in at midnight for the first block of shows. LOL. She is doing pretty good with it but eating is hard. She was never a good breakfast eater so usually eats nothing until she gets some from work. We've suggested LOTS of things but nothing seems to work for her. CONGRATs on SIX WHOLE HOURS of sleep. I'm at 4.5.... at least I know you get it.

hi ebianco!
Old 04-04-22, 02:24 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I finished up yesterday with Dream Body Tabata & Toning, then my own extended stretch for a 55 minute workout. This one is a toughie but I do like how it is structured, a tabata set with two paired exercises then switch to the other side, and then a toning set with three exercises then repeated on he other side, and just go through for about six long cycles of tabata and toning, just like the title! The time totally flies by! Also, I like that she gets through the glider work immediately in the beginning tabata/toning set and then that's it for the workout. The workout hit the legs and abs really well but my arms were feeling it too.

I am about to start week 11 of my current rotation already and am giving thought into what's next. I swear when I add Dream Body that my inches go down, I feel more svelte than I have in a while, and my diet hasn't changed much so I really think it's the workouts. So I'm tempted to just repeat the last 12 weeks with one Dream Body a week, but put more thought into my Friday workouts and making them easier, more cardio less toning and definitely less dread. Then leave Sundays open for whatever. At some point in time I'd like to follow a Caroline rotation. She just announced her new workout series today titled "Iron" and the workouts are a little shorter and the rotation itself is shorter, and it seems a little easier than her EPIC series (she didn't say it would be easier, but the first workout she put up today is very back to basics). Definitely something I could probably follow to the letter and still be able to work in other workouts since they are only 30 minutes. But right now I feel a more of a desire to do more cardio and barre/dream body style than to amp up my heavy strength training, although I also have gotten great results from my heavy strength Caroline upper day and lower day every week, definitely keeping up with those!! But I'm leaning towards just repeating the last 12 weeks for the most part. Also as the weather gets warmer I'd like to pick up some outdoor running again so I think I'll put the Caroline rotation on old until this fall/winter.

Eventmom Great job on your TA workouts! I've also noticed that sometimes I would rather just shorten some cardio workouts I like, than try to do mini ones that don't work for me anyway.

Buzzer Yes it is insane how times goes by between times I've picked up a DVD. Even a lot of my classic Firms that I really feel like I do "regularly" it's usually several months or a year between the times I actually DO the specific workout. Love having a huge collection but there's definitely so many workouts, so little time to enjoy them all! Great problem to have though

Your "island" yard project sounds fun and I'm glad DH is just letting you do your thing! That's great exercise too, the yard work. My yard can definitely use work (pulling weeds, etc.) but I never want to I am great at my 1 hour of exercise 5 days a week, but I am VERY bad at doing anything active the other days, even today it's okay out (mid-50s) but I just can't seem to get myself to want to go out for a walk. I'm using Lucy's leg as an excuse (if I don't take her out, I probably won't upset her by taking all the others out except her) but I can always just go out by myself. But the laziness sets in and I'm like "nah let's binge watch a TV show or just curl up and read" then the whole day goes by.
Old 04-05-22, 07:45 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe strain hard strikes... DONE!

This was all the kickboxing, none of the conditioning, and then the core workout. I Have discovered I like this particular core workout, even though it is a lot of old school full sit ups (from floor to touching your ankles). I don't know why I like it, but I do!! I do the banana rolls 12 on one side then 12 on the other (then rest for the last 4), and I pause Cathe for the last set of floor to ankle sit ups and do them at my own pace. She has a tendency to go so fast! I am not that strong!

Hard strikes was OK. I'm glad I got it to complete my series, however the gloves did kinda bug me. It's weird seeing these big... no HUGE... pink things throughout the workout dominating the screen. It was a good workout, however I definitely like kickmax better. I will use this as my rotation asks for it, but I won't be terribly excited for it. Lots of jumping too, which the outsides of my feet were kinda achy so the jumping didn't really do it for me. I did a lot of modifying and worrying about my feet since I have the cardio leg workout again today! I don't know if my feet hurt from working out, from walking on the cement at the dinosaur thing, or from my yard work. Hopefully it's better today!

So yesterday was kinda a half hearted workout. I thought about just ending it and calling it good, but I knew that even if I do a lower version of it, it's better than nothing. So I pushed through.

After school yesterday, we went over to a new friend in the neighborhood's house. They have two horses and a donkey, so LB had a blast with them! Plus they own an old equestrian center that they live in, so the stables were amazing and the arena was huge. They have turned the arena into a big play area for the kids too. I was kinda sad to see such an amazing place not being used for all horses, since there is about 50 stalls! And they are beautiful! However, I guess the person that owned it between when it was a professional equestrian center and the current owners changed it from commercial property to residential, so it couldn't be used as an equestrian center again anyhow. I was so impressed with how gorgeous it is though, and it's Kinda a bummer to see something so beautiful underutilized. They seem to be taking care of it and using it for their small herd, so it works for them. I feel fortunate to even be able to visit it and see it's beauty!

We went right to karate after that, and were at karate until 8pm. We were exhausted and hungry! I ate way too much little Caesars pizza since that's all that was open by the time we got to eating at 8:30. Bad food right before bed. Blah.

I told Dh it's time for me to recommit to our better eating. I did good for breakfast and lunch lately, and dinners have been touch and go since we aren't home all the time. However, I need to recommit to making food, making it in advance, and making it good. Nothing like late night pizza to remind you that you aren't in college anymore, and that your system can no longer handle it!

Eventmom: Ok not eating until she gets off work is definitely a younger person thing!! HA! I couldn't do that anymore.
I know sleep is bad when I high five myself for 6 hours and get excited when I sleep 5! I wish I was an 8 hour a night person. Heck, I wish I was a 7 hours a night person! All the tips I see for "better sleep" I have tried and either they work for a while, or don't work at all. The best sleep I get is when I take NyQuil, but them I am groggy for the day. Even that zquil stopped working for me, and that stuff was amazing for a while! I just wanna sleep and be awake and alert all day...

Ebianco: You cracked me up about being lazy! HA! You seem like the least lazy person I know! your workouts are intense. How is Lucy doing? Does she seem like she's better or getting there? I was reading about your DB tabata, and thinking "I could use that as a substitute for Xtrain tabata some time. " Oh man, I'm already thinking about substitutions. I love the rotation, but I can see still substituting some of the workouts I am not as crazy about! It's hard to believe you are already at week 11 of your rotation! I remember back in December you were thinking of what you were going to do next, and you still had a few weeks left in your rotation. I remember I laughed at you. Now I see it... you have to think of your next one because the 12 weeks goes by so stinking fast!!

It does sound though, like you should just redo the last 12 weeks. I think since you enjoyed it, it was intense, and you are seeing/feeling results, that is enough to convince me to redo it! Summer is coming, if DB's make you feel more svelte and you hold yourself that way, it's a good time to have that!

I am excited about my island project. Last night was windy, and sadly this whole week is supposed to be windy. The temps are just right for me to get some of it done if it weren't for the wind! Once it gets too hot, I can't do outdoor work anymore. I have to do it in the spring when it's fairly cool still. I wilt anything over about 65 or 70 (which is pushing it) and doing work. Once the wind is done, I have plans! I am glad I got the ground cleared, and I found some landscaping cloth in the yard... like a good sized roll of it! So I am going to lay that down next, and then get to making my paths. I am really excited for this! I'm even watching videos on landscaping, how to make planters, how to decide what plants to put there... I found a bunch of kits at Menards (the closest one is Cheyenne, but they deliver!) for making benches and plant rings and steps and fireplaces... I want to try them! They are much more reasonable prices too than I have found at Home Depot. I figure if I start with like steps or a pillar/column, I can work my way up to the cool C shaped bench and a fireplace! because, you know, I am so super handy and all. HA!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-05-22, 10:32 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Essentrics stretch + essentrics shoulder practice for 45 min stretch

ebianco - I swear I make things hard on myself for no good reason - with stuff like well if you don't want to do 30 min dc must find a workout that is the length I want. Although I know I've had a tendency to keep going to finish those DCs when I really ought to stop and get going on other things. Thanks for the tip on Caroline -that rotation actually is tempting to me.

buzzer - I got like 5 hours sleep last night woo hoo! DD knows she should eat but it's so busy at work she barely has time to use the restroom. Hopefully she'll figure something out. The island sounds cool - I have to admit I'm not an outdoor landscape person. That stable sounds amazing, I wish I had an indoor ring! It's crazy, to me, that it's just for one family.
Old 04-06-22, 04:48 AM  
Buzzer

Xtrain Cardio Legs... DONE!

Wow! That was NOT as hard as it was last time! Last time it wiped me out for pretty much the rest of the day. This time I went more all in... I gave it about 90% of what I was capable of... and it was great! Still didn't go as low as Cathe, or as high on the jumps, however it was a great workout and I really felt my legs burning! My heart rate even went close to what my "max" should be. I pushed myself and pushed my legs, and I ended up not wishing I had done more! So that's good. There was no ab add on after it, and the whole workout was about an hour of crazy sweating cardio and leg cardio exercises! I sure paused a lot though. So over an hour with my pauses so I could keep going.

Today is a "ride" day, and since I don't have the ride DVD or the desire to get it, I will do a cardio today. Probably an easier one, like a Buns of Steel Step workout that I love, Ballroom Aerobics, or I have a DVD called "Cardio Salsa" that I remember I used to do and I found it at goodwill a few months ago, so I might do that too. I am happy to have a lower cardio day though!

Still no changes to how my clothes fit, however I feel better and don't feel as bloated and heavy, so I suppose it's good too.

Yesterday we covered quite a bit of ground for school, but nothing really that we should be doing! HA! We subscribe to a science program since I was, for some reason, lacking in that area. This week they are focusing on aviation. Monday they showed us what some of the gages in the cockpit are for, and talked about flying. Both LB and I decided we want our pilot's license! It looked like so much fun, and she really simplified it so it doesn't look so overwhelming. Yesterday, they took us on a "live flight" where she and her husband got in their plane, explained what they were doing every step of the way, and went on a flight around for about 15 or 20 minutes, then went back and refueled. It was strangely fascinating! After that, I had signed LB up for a course on being a vet, and so we watched that until we had to leave for karate. So we learned a LOT, did a lot, however we didn't get her paper done for CC today, or any charts, or her math...

But we learned a lot! I think I will be Ok with CC being done after next week, because we seem to have other things on our plate that we are doing. I love CC, however sometimes the papers we have to write are overwhelming. It's a lot for a 9 year old! We repeat this class for two more years, so I am good with leaving some work on the table and picking it up next year (or the year after!).

I'm proud of LB though, she went from not knowing even how to write a paper or label a sentence to writing a research paper with citations, adjectives, -ly adverbs, her vocabulary words sprinkled in, different clauses, prepositions, and there are "banned words" she has learned... it's been a lot!

This morning I woke up at 2:30am, and decided to just go to the bathroom and go back to bed. I smelled a familiar smell of dog poop in the house, so instead of going back to bed I had to track it down (although he always goes in the same place, so I knew where to look) and clean it up. By that time, I was awake. I tried to fall back to sleep, but here I am. Checking in and drinking my amazing grass.

I don't have a lot of time to nap today... and even if I did, I probably wouldn't... and we have a busy day today since it's Wednesday. Violin lessons, CC, and karate. Luckily it's an easy cardio day so I won't have that to help exhaust me.

Eventmom: So I guess I was almost up in time to go to work with your DD I am an OK outdoor landscape person, I get overwhelmed with our yard a lot, and I know DH will complicate whatever I am doing, so I don't really do anything. Also, I hate the heat so whatever I do needs to be something I don't need to maintain. Plus, our yard is mostly that kind of mud that gets slippery anymore since we have the construction going on. I know whatever I do has a chance of being ruined by big trucks, or big work boots, mud or whatever else.

Now that I have my concrete form, I am going to do paths all over the yard where I know they won't get ruined! I want to do a path in my island, a little recycled asphalt pad type thing under where LB and her friends play, and turn our fire pit area into a patio area. Oh, also I want to make a path to the camper, since that's slippery mud too! I am just going to make our yard into a series of concrete paths to start. HA!

Hi Ebianco!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-06-22, 11:50 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA level 2.9 day 9 then had to stop and get going for an online meeting.

buzzer- sorry about dog poop clean up messing with your sleep. ugh, at least horses are outside, although I did end up going out and checking horses in the middle of the night a few times recently. sigh. Sounds great on the outdoor work - I do nothing like that I think it's awesome that you can even consider it!

hi ebianco!
Old 04-07-22, 09:35 AM  
Buzzer

Ballroom Aerobics... DONE!
Cathe Triceps and Biceps and core #2.... DONE!

I decided on Ballroom Aerobics yesterday! I love that workout! It kept my heart rate pretty low, however not so low I didn't get a workout in. I loved it! I sweated, but it wasn't a killer workout like a lot of these Cathe's are. I also love the flowing moves and the danciness of it. I finished the workout with a huge smile! I just loved the break it gave me, and it just felt so good.

Today was back to the tough Cathe's with Tris and Bis. I started the bis with 20's, and made it through the first set with them! Then I dropped to 15's and used those for the rest. The triceps were a little easier since she starts with tricep pushups, and I think you can do those either so tough that you can't even do one, or so easy you can do many more. There's no in-between. Either on your toes and barely able to move, or on your knees and kinda cruise. So of course I chose on my knees. I went a weight lower than Cathe on the rest of the sets, and I should have used her weight. It was still a good workout, but it could have been tougher if I grabbed heavier weights. I did grab a 20 for the final overhead press, and it was tough! She uses a band, but I don't like the bands for those kind of exercises. It hurts my wrists more and it's not worth it.

I didn't have core 2 on the schedule, but it was attached to the premix I did so I did it. I can't get too much core! HA! That's truly my biggest trouble zone right now. The rest I can live with (somewhat), but having that pregnant belly look is a nope.

Yesterday was a busy day with School, violin, cc, karate... today is less busy, but still have stuff to do. I have decided to buy a tabletop propane fire pit for our back deck, so whenever we are outside and it's getting too chilly we can warm up. Right now our fire pit (the big one) is a good walk from the house, and it's not as comfortable. So I am excited to do that, and we will probably go do it today after karate! I love my back deck. I'm so excited to get this on it, and get to enjoying being outside again. The next 10 days are supposed to be cool, mostly in the 40's and Saturday being the warmest in the 60's, however I am ready for spring!

We are down to next week being the last week of CC, and I am really grateful. I will miss getting together, however I will not miss feeling so far behind because we are doing other school things and not on top of our cc stuff. I plan on going back and reviewing some of it, still having her do a chart or two, reviewing the spelling rules, what the parts of speech are, etc... but without the pressure of weekly work. Just doing it on our own at our pace!

Eventmom; Yeah see that's what I'm saying. I don't want to go outside in the middle of the night to see the animals! Ugh. That's what has me worried about getting a donkey. I would have to go outside at night, especially when it's cold. LB is so excited for one NOW, and I keep thinking, maybe when you are older. Even then, settled in life. As a kid I will be responsible for it, as a teen it will be a fight because she won't want to do it, and as a young adult she will need to find a way to board it or keep it where she is and pay for it's healthcare when she doesn't have that much money. Or, we just keep it here and have to care for it forever. I want her to have one, but it would have to be mine, and she won't have that. It's a tough balance!

Ebianco: HI! I have tabata tomorrow, and am debating doing the Cathe Xtrain one, or DB...
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-07-22, 10:09 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics full body toning - today is my long day so I didn't want to wear out with TA!

buzzer - we got DD's pony when she was 4 - I figure he'll be around for 5-15 more years. It's okay I'm into horses but if it's not your thing it's a long time to deal with it. That fire pit looks really nice!

hi ebianco!