Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-14-22, 01:21 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Chele, so glad you enjoyed the concert! I laughed a bit at your comment about getting home at 2am---that's my "regular" bedtime. However, I didn't go to a concert first---so no wonder you were exhausted the next day! Isn't it about time for your daughter to go to school? Did you tell us already when she starts?

bee, Cathe's pace is definitely different from Caroline's. I find my heart rate gets up higher with Cathe due to the faster pace. Each has it's pluses and minuses, and I've always felt it's good to mix it up.

FN1/SHW, haha on CL #96 being short compared to #95. Sorry about your dental fears! I've had so much dental work done in my tiny little mouth (that has BIG SOUNDS coming out of it lol) from as long as I can remember I have no fear left to feel. I'm more afraid of getting blood drawn due to bad experiences all my life. I guess we all have our white coat worries!

lavna, I can't think of the last time my lower body was sore from a workout, whether Caroline or Cathe. Now my UB is a different story. I have tweaky shoulders and they can get sore in a hurry!

Waves to all! Hoping for no 500 error!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 04:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! 2am is crazy late, in my world. cataddict, I cannot believe that's your regular bedtime!! I've always been a morning person.

Yesterday I subbed in CL Plyo Leg Blast for the Aug rotation Cardio Leg Blast. I don't know if it was me not being used to Cathe or just a bit of feeling under the weather lately but I couldn't finish it. Partly it was mental because I felt like I couldn't, so I talked myself into not trying. What I did was fun. I ended up doing a covid test but it was negative. DH, my son, and I went to help a friend set up for a giant BBQ yesterday. Worked most of the day -- not constant the whole time, but we were there a good chunk of the day. Today is the BBQ but I am skipping it -- just yesterday was enough exposure to people for this extreme introvert. I was exhausted! It should be a fun party -- they have bands that come play (good bands) but it's at least 200 people and I would know about three of them. Not my idea of fun.

This morning I did KCM's step boxing 2 that cataddict sent me -- thank you, again! It was fun... but, in terms of choreography/interest..... it felt to me like a workout I would have designed -- basic and repetitive. I am not very creative! But it was a good, easy to follow, steady state cardio that I'll do again. It was a bit odd to be working out with KCM again.

I met my friend at the farmer's market this morning. It was much more crowded than usual -- turns out they had a different band playing. Apparently they have quite a following but my friend and I could not figure out why. With each new song they started, we would sort of recognize it, look at each other and just laugh. As I told my friend "I think this is the only time we'll ever hear 'Sweet Child O' Mine' with a ukulele." Santa Cruz.... keepin' it weird. Oh, they have a website.... how telling is it that they do not have any video or sound of themselves on their website?! http://coffeezombiecollective.com/index.html

Oh, and I meant to say.... cataddict, I was pretty sore after Pyramid Pump Upper -- especially my bi's/tri's -- after "slacking off" with Caroline for so long.
Old 08-14-22, 10:06 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… I used to be a night owl with my husband. But many years ago -when I started having difficulty sleeping due to hormonal changes etc. I decided to go to the gym bright and early and never looked back. I was actually surprised that I was able to keep the schedule through Covid and even now with not having a membership. I try to fall asleep no later than 11:30 PM. If I don’t get my workouts done in the morning, it’s definitely hit or miss later in the afternoon or evening. My husband and daughter will stay up very late and sleep until noon especially on the weekends if possible. It’s so not good for my husband since he has to get up quite early for work. But he has never been able to change his late night ways.

Talking about feeling more breathless with the Cathe DVDs versus Caroline…This happens to me too. Most of the peloton classes have breaks scheduled in the strength routines. Some more than others. Cathe’s do not for the most part. Haha. I’m assuming those of you who do live get more frequent rest periods with less intensity versus her pre-recorded stuff. She definitely kicks it up a notch when I add her to my monthly calendar.

This morning I only did a mile walk since we were leaving early for the Phillies versus Mets game. Lots of fun in New York today! Of course my husband was quite happy since his team won. And I was happy too because I bought perfect seats that kept us shaded for the whole game.

Horusosiris… just curious if you have any tips or tricks when trying to get playoff tickets. Both the Yankees and Mets are doing very well this season. We were looking ahead as a possibility of going to one of those games. Of course the tickets will probably be very difficult to purchase and quite expensive.

My daughter will be moving into her dorm this Saturday. She still has to pack. Ha ha. I think she’s pretty laid-back about it since she’s only 15 minutes away. Gives her an excuse to come home and see Winston too.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 10:12 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday Watulans!

Going to try to keep this short because the forum is giving me all kinds of grief. Friday was CL 101 Step and Pump and I don't know if it was just me being end of the week tired, but this felt HARD. Sweaty little bit of everything that never, ever stopped and just when you thought it was over she throws in a bunch of supermans, ug!! I did enjoy it though, I was just a soaked mess.

Yesterday was Suzanne Bowen Cardio Fat Burn, all 90 minutes of it. That DVD has been on my shelf since nearly it first came out and I do NOT recall doing it, like, ever. It was NOT what I expected and I was shocked at how much I was breathing and sweating (it is actually VERY cardio if you choose the advanced option, which I did). It's Suzanne-style cardio intervals interspersed with more athletic barre moves to give you a 'rest' between intervals while she's cheerfully killing you.

Chalk me up as another night owl here but not quite as much as FN2! I used to refer to happy morning people as 'day walkers' hah hah...I'm much better than I used to be though.

Bee, I giggled picturing the ukulele covers, hah! Yep, gotta love Santa Cruz. I do though, and it's been too long since I've been there. Maybe I need to watch The Lost Boys hah!! (It was filmed there.)

ChelePA, I'm glad your daughter will be close still. Her moving out will be an adjustment! Oh, and yes, Cathe Live definitely incorporates more breaks but I'm finding her older Lives to have fewer than the newer ones.

Also, as an aside, I'm noticing when I go back to Cathe DVDs, I keep wanting to start with my left foot versus right because all the CLs start everything on the left. Too funny!

Have a great start to the week all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 10:12 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday was CL 105 Scrambled Cardio and Weights...the name says it all. Random cardio intervals and weight work, VERY metabolic, good stuff!

I'll quit talking to myself, hah! Have a great day, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 10:31 AM  
ChelePA

Good morning! Today’s Peloton schedule included core and upper body. It was the hardest strength combination of classes since I started the calendar several months ago. It was interesting because then it coincided with a discussion on Caroline versus Peloton in my group. Several people don’t feel like they’re making gains in strength with the peloton programs. The majority of people absolutely loved Caroline and the progress they made using her workouts. Many of the negatives were the usual that they missed the cueing and also the music. A few talked about how they injured themselves because they probably weren’t using proper form and lifting so heavy. Peloton is very good at giving many pointers and reminders as well as giving modifications. I have definitely improved my technique since using their classes.

My mom is on vacation this week and she usually sits home and does nothing unless I plan something daily. Glad I can drive now and take her out and about. Yesterday was lunch as well as visiting the baby for a few hours. Today is a haircut and then hopefully shopping with my daughter to get some new clothes for her on-site social work observations.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
Old 08-16-22, 10:32 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday was CL 105 Scrambled Cardio and Weights...the name says it all. Random cardio intervals and weight work, VERY metabolic, good stuff!

I'll quit talking to myself, hah! Have a great day, Watulans!
I am here. Haha. Before my accident that was my favorite type of workout if I wanted to include weights. Can’t wait till I can mix in more cardio with my strength routines. Right now it’s basically the bike and treadmill or outdoor walking.
Old 08-16-22, 11:48 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Long time no see. So much going on with repairs around the house and yard and busy working, working, working. Only a couple of hubby's appointments.

Alas, I think I hurt myself. Started 2 weeks ago when we started our big cleanup and I spent 2 days hauling a lot of heavy stuff. Lower right hip/back. Got better with some Yoga.

This past weekend we had a plugged drain in the laundry room and I was hauling 5 gallon buckets of water out so it wouldn't flood. I think I strained it again.
Then I got a stomach bug and was really feeling puny for most of the weekend. I NEVER get sick and hate it! But I just rested. Stomach feels better. Back still twingy except right when I get out of bed.

As far as workouts, last week I did a mix of LMOD Strength Development and Cathe Lives. LOVED #407!

This week I have taken a step back. I can't totally rest so I'm doing a lot of mellower workouts and a lot of Yoga.
Mon: Tony Horton One on One Vol 1 Disk 11 Recovery for Results. Simple, easy but felt good to move.
Today: Amy Dixon's Give Me 10. I had this ages ago, got it back. Super easy but again, just what I needed - just some movement and light weights. I'll be doing more Yoga this afternoon.

So.....I'm here, feeling frustrated to be injured and hoping by being a little gentler that it will heal quickly.

Hugs to all. No more whining from me. Did I tell you I HATE being sick and/or injured?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 11:49 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

p.s. I think I'm also going to step back from some of the streaming workouts. LMOD Strength Dev is good but I don't love it. And I'm missing some of my DVDs so will start to revisit them. Cathe Live will remain.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 12:56 PM  
ChelePA

Kate… sorry to hear about the injury and stomach bug! Glad to see you are feeling better. Definitely let your body recover. That’s some hard work you have been doing! Like I said in a previous post, I think I would need a full week off after all those house projects. I probably wouldn’t have the strength to do half of what you did. Always impressive! Please take care!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in