Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-22, 05:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Don't want to get behind

So while I'm reading here at VF, I might as well post.

Waves to all!

8/7/2022:
Power Zone Country Endurance (Matt Wilpers) 30 mins, 10 mins. Cool down ride with Bradley Rose

8/8/2022: CDE's Low impact 20 mins. ride, 5 mins Post Ride Stretch

Energy level at about a negative 10 this a.m. Not sure what I'll do. My Oura ring tells me I'm tired and need to recover. I think this time? It has it right. So maybe something easy and a stretch. Not sure.

That's it. Off to figure out what I'm going to do workout wise today!
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 08:40 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Not much to report, but here it is:

8/6 - TURD, although I got 13K steps in!
8/7 - Jessica's Walk A 5K, 64 min. plus a dog walk.
8// - dog walk
Started a workout, was interrupted by some family drama, and never finished.
I did go out and prune some bushes after dinner to help with the angst!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 10:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Grr, still not posting regularly!

Thu 8/4 116 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
30 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
10 minutes (from J. Valant Thoracic Mobility Exercises - For Posture and Back Pain Relief!, YT)
5 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 9-caterpillar pose, YT) 1st time
59 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.74 mi)

Fri 8/5 157 minutes
4 minutes (from AEXEL Programming -4 Minute Follow Along PVC Pipe Mobility Routine, YT) 1st time
12 minutes (from C. Jordan Hamstring Tendonitis Pain: Exercises That Will Help Heal Your Hamstrings part 2, YT)
8 minutes (from C. Jordan No Impact Foot, Calf, and Shin Strength Exercise Video, YT)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
12 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 2)
31 minutes (from 2.28 mi for 10k trainer wk2 day3/Zombies Run S3M55)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.89 mi)

Sat 8/6 152 minutes
97 minutes (from 4.56 mi nature walk at RLSP with hubby)
15 minutes (from A. Carver 15-Minute Yoga For Thoracic Mobility, YT) 1st time
19 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Post Workout Stretches for Lower Body and Pelvic Floor, YT) I really love this one
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .61 mi) rained most of the afternoon & evening

Sun 8/7 50 minutes D&D DAY
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
33 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.06 mi)

Mon 8/8 233 minutes
55 minutes (from trimming out of control lilac bush)
33 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
9 minutes (from J. Fairley The Source Chiropractic -Thoracic Mobility Routine Exercises and Stretches, YT) twice through
14 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 3)
36 minutes (from C. Johnson ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1)
14 minutes (from D. Siebers Slim in 6 Slim & Limber)
60 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.62 mi)

Had my second opinion appt today for my feet. This guy seemed perplexed as to why the first guy recommended surgery. I have very little pain, great mobility, great spacing btwn the joints. He agreed that I have elevated first metatarsals but wasn't concerned about it. He said other than that and the mild bunion my feet look really good. Huzzah! I asked if I need to avoid or modify any activities and he said no, do whatever feels good. I realize two complete opposite opinions might indicate a need for getting a third one, but I just don't feel that's necessary at this point. I know the anomaly in structure exists so I can monitor any changes in pain or appearance and reevaluate as necessary. He said the orthotics and what I'm doing otherwise (I mentioned the toe yoga and wobble board) should be fine. I am so glad I went through with getting the second opinion and feel relieved that I can get on with my life now!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 07:10 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - Great news from the second opinion! I think too many people turn to surgery rather than do the PT. You have definitely been putting in the effort to make things better naturally and it looks like it's paying off.
I also like your listing of time for each activity and the total time for the day. It makes sense to add up all of your active times, and I imagine it gives you a better feeling of accomplishment for the day. I need to start doing that!
Cleda - Our garden is hit or miss this year. Some things have done really well, some things started out fine, but then withered, and some things just never took off. We haven't been consistent with watering, partly because it is just so stinking hot out and partly because I have to cover my body head to toe to avoid mosquitoes! We have deer netting around our main veggie beds, plus rubber snakes on the tomato cages and on the raspberries to keep the birds away. My grandson really likes rearranging the snakes!
Waves to Helen!

8/9 - TURD, Grandson's birthday and other family stuff.
8/10 - dog walk and 1+ hour of mowing (I had to take a break in the middle due to the heat)
KCM's Body Shop w/o 2, 31 min.

Old 08-13-22, 10:09 PM  
Vantreesta

The first week of Aug was great for workouts. This past week not so much. Tue was just toe yoga and PT stretches, Wed just toe yoga, Thu just a run (no warmup stuff or stretch after...very naughty!) and toe yoga, Fri just toe yoga. And Cyric's walks every day. Next week I will do better!

Lili, way back years ago on the Collage forum we started a medal challenge where the lady who came up with the idea had levels for gold, silver etc medals based on our workout minutes. A few of us continued on with the basic idea, but we just set our own goals for how many minutes we want to accumulate for the year as well as what we want to count toward that goal. Like for my dog walks, I only count what my pedometer says are active minutes. So our short walk takes about 15 minutes but bc of his potty and sniffing time I only count the 9 or 10 active minutes my pedometer records. I track all my walks in a little calendar. Yes I'm that girl.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-14-22, 07:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Vantreesta: Interesting concept on the minutes! I'm happy just knowing the "days" I've worked out. (or like this week - haven't ? worked out!) But kudos to you. And so happy you are going to skip the surgery .... (for now?!?) and hopefully for good!

Lili: I went out and it looks like one of our tomatoes plants is actually going to produce some tomatoes. YAY. Now if the animals don't get the tomatoes first.

Waves to Helen! Check in when you get a chance!

Me, me and all me ....

8/9/2022: row 20 mins. + a 5 mins. cool down ride
8/10/2022: 2.5 hours of pickleball + stayed to do 10 mins. of wall drills on my own
8/11/2022: Rest day
8/12/2022: Rest day
8/13/2022: 2 for 1 Lizzo Ride (30 mins.) + 2 for 1 Harry Stiles Ride (30 mins) and a 5 mins. stretch

I don't know how I broke my rule of "no 2 rest days in a row". Work is draining these days. (when is it not?? and that's my story! So I'm sticking to it. I do, however, need to get my act together.

The Lizzo ride was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Lizzo was in the audience, participating. And her back up dancers showed up as well. It was almost like a party on the bike. Mostly climb type spinning (which is more my style). Fun vibe. The Harry Stiles ride? I love Emma & Ally and enjoy a lot of Harry's music, so this was fun too. Needed to get the "fun" back in the workout I suppose.

At the park I play pickleball there is also a skateboard area. Which has a ramp or whatever they call it. It makes for a sort of wall for drills. It works (for now) and beats having to shell out the $$ for a ball machine. I keep eyeing up and looking for "walls" wherever I go so I can do "wall drills" to help improve my game!

And now I'm off to do something "fun" again.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 09:42 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

How did I get so far behind?

8/11 - 30 Min. Broadway Ride w/ CDE
10 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Hannah Corbin
7 Min. Toe Yoga
8/12 - 76 min.
dog walk 34"
GHU 2000 Step Walking Workout 22"
20 Min. Walk & Run w/ Kirsten F.
8/13 - 2.12 Mile hike with the dogs on a hilly trail, 55"
gardening (didn't make note of the time)
8/14 - 180 min.
gardening/dog walk 40"
Cathe's Pyramid Pump Upper, 44 min.
Walking at Longwood Gardens 96"

I've been trying to set my Fitbit when I do a workout, since it doesn't give me credit for weight workouts or spinning if I don't. After reading Vantreesta's method, I've gone back and made note of my "zone" minutes for dog walks and gardening. With 2 dogs, there are multiple potty breaks and occasional chats with neighbors. We'll see if I can maintain this!

Cleda - You are allowed 2 rest days, although I understand how it can produce feelings of guilt. Sometimes we have to get out of our own heads!
Vantreesta - Your toe yoga got me interested, so I looked at a few on YouTube and tried one. I have had a bunion on my left foot for many years, but recently I have been having pain on my right foot that comes and goes. I thought I would try toe yoga, but it caused more pain. I probably need to find something specific for bunion relief/prevention. I did see one, but it was longer and I was lazy. I will have to try it.
Helen - Waves!!!

Old 08-15-22, 09:33 PM  
Helen

Hi all - briefly paused at work during a free period.
Don't have my 'doings' with me, but been super busy with it being exam time at work. Just letting you know I'm alive, well, moving, ....

AANND flipped the puzzle mats over in the gym as the surface was degrading from sunlight on them. Was a HUGE workout having to empty the space & put everything back - gave me a lovely burst of enthusiasm as well to have a clean space with a fresh floor!!

Have to go!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 08:29 AM  
Vantreesta

We spent the wknd with my FIL and stayed an extra day bc Saturday we went to a new Ren fest in ND. It was fun. Very small and very few vendors so I didn't buy anything, which is pretty much unheard of. No workouts Fri-Mon except toe yoga and some dog walks on Fri and Mon. Back at it yesterday. I'm starting to work on Halloween crafts!

Tue 8/16 170 minutes
10 minutes (from J. Reppel 10 Min. Shoulder & Thoracic Spine Mobility | Follow Along, No Equipment | Back Pain Relief, YT)
24 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
22 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 4)
38 minutes (from C. Johnson ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 2)
17 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -Beginner's Everyday Yoga Full Body Stretch | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 12, YT) 1st time
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.97 mi)

Old 08-18-22, 08:47 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

8/15 - 3+ mile run, 42 min.
8/16 - 84 min.
dog walk, 31 min.
pickleball class, 25 & 28 min.
8/17 - 79 minutes
dog walk, 31 min.
Jessica's Barre work out from WS3, 31 min.
GHU's 1 Mile Power Walk, 17 min.

Monday's run seemed really slow, although my speed is usually slow. Not sure if it was the time of day, weather, sleep, etc.
Tuesday I had a consultation appointment for cataract surgery. I have been having issues with my right eye for several weeks, long story short, doctor number 2 recommended surgery. Right now, my vision in my right eye is blurry, even with a new prescription, and the surgery will fix that.
I went right from the eye dr. to pickleball class. It seems like it will be fun, but I never got the hang of scoring. I'm sure I can learn that.

Helen - it sounds like you got a workout just from moving and flipping your mats! Nothing like a clean workout area to inspire!
Vantreesta - What is a Ren fest?