Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-22, 09:12 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Possibly dumb question -- are the different bands different resistance? E.g. light resistance, medium, heavy?
From reading the description, they seem to be all the same resistance. I like these loop bands and I can double them if I need to. Not a dumb question.
Old 08-14-22, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
From reading the description, they seem to be all the same resistance. I like these loop bands and I can double them if I need to. Not a dumb question.
Yeah I thought it sounded like they might be the same resistance but thought I would check. I have one I do like from a previous kit. Yes doubling them up makes sense. Thank you for your response.

Too bad I missed the deal. Not worth $99.99
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 12:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
bzar, I think the sale price was $24.99. The offer must have expired. The regular price on QVC is around $60.00.
Thanks - perhaps people can describe how Amazon flags a "Lightning Deal" because the listing in Amazon is quite long with all of the images, and when you scroll all over the place, it's easy to get lost. or did you need to add it to your cart to get the $24.99?

Is there a way to get alerts on Lightning Deals these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellda View Post
I have been looking at this set for several months. Every time I look at it, it is currently unavailable. I received an email yesterday from Amazon saying it was the deal of the day but when I clicked on the link, it was still currently unavailable.
at the time I clicked on the link the $99 price was showing but was somehow "greyed out" i.e., unclear of how to add to a cart. this is from a laptop if that makes a difference - perhaps from a phone it might render differently.

i'll wait until just the DVDs are available - I have tons of equipment. or if anyone knows if just the DVDs are available for purchase, please post a link.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 06:12 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

They are already gone?!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 02:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Yeah I thought it sounded like they might be the same resistance but thought I would check. I have one I do like from a previous kit. Yes doubling them up makes sense. Thank you for your response.

Too bad I missed the deal. Not worth $99.99
I just received my order. There actually is a slight difference in the resistance bands I received. Not much, but there is a difference. Grey feels the lightest, followed by yellow and then red with somewhat heavier resistance then the others. They all have 7 rings and are the same length. I tried to use 2 bands together for heavier resistance, and it actually works very well. I haven't tried any of the workouts yet, and I haven't tried the yellow flat band that came with it. I have gazillion other bands that I like, so I may just leave it wrapped. So far, I'm very happy with my purchase - even if I didn't really need it. It was worth 24.99 for sure, but definitely not worth $99.99.
Old 08-15-22, 08:12 PM  
Gams

QVC has just put this on sale for $47.13. I don’t know how long it will be available at that price, but it might be worth keeping an eye on to see if the Rakuten rebate goes up. I might order a second set.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 07:56 AM  
Vantreesta

Mine will be here Thursday (along with the Beetlejuice soundtrack bc obviously why not?? ). I had enough rewards points that I didn't have to pay for them so that was part of what enabled me. I definitely would not have paid $99!!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 09:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I just received my order. There actually is a slight difference in the resistance bands I received. Not much, but there is a difference. Grey feels the lightest, followed by yellow and then red with somewhat heavier resistance then the others. They all have 7 rings and are the same length. I tried to use 2 bands together for heavier resistance, and it actually works very well. I haven't tried any of the workouts yet, and I haven't tried the yellow flat band that came with it. I have gazillion other bands that I like, so I may just leave it wrapped. So far, I'm very happy with my purchase - even if I didn't really need it. It was worth 24.99 for sure, but definitely not worth $99.99.
Oh that's good to know thanks. I really like the ringed band I have but being able to double up would be nice. I too have a gazillion bands but well you know how it goes. I'll keep my eye out for a deal again.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 12:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

is 90 minutes the total content of the workouts (20 + 30 + 40 min)?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 12:45 PM  
Gams

Yes, bzar - that’s correct, although the first workout actually runs 24 minutes and the 30-minute workout is 33 minutes.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad disc, dvd-r, nick drago, walk run lift