Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-29-22, 09:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I think it’s always smart to see podiatry about an ongoing problem, especially since you want to run. Feet are so specialized that they scare me. And it does seem like stretching is not always an answer.

Ride my bike for 45 minute or so easy today. Getting a little more confident each time but trying to be as careful as possible.

Jbliff that is the scary part of trails! What if you get hurt and you have a good ways to get out ? Or your first responders can’t get to you quickly? That’s why I have not done mountain biking on trails.

I have been on call this weekend and I swear 98% of the calls are from people testing + for Covid—and they have all been vaccinated and many have had boosters too. And think of the people getting together for graduations and weddings and Memorial Day. Not looking forward to the fallout.

Cher have a good eeekend at the cabin,
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 06:37 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. No workout for me yesterday as I took a rest day.

Karjoy
- Ugh, I know what you mean about the fallout. We went to the farmers market yesterday and it was wall to wall people with no masks. Cases keep rising in our area too.

Vannie
- I don't have a specific channel for the Les Mills workouts. I just search on Body Pump or Body Combat, and lots of different channels have instructors that do these workouts. Some of the Body Combat workouts are not even in English, but the moves are pretty easy to follow so it's not a problem. The Les Mills channel has a couple of free Body Pump and Body Combat workouts you can do with the original instructors.

Waves to all. Have a good Memorial Day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 06:56 AM  
Cher

I’m going to try to check-in and exercise better. We got back from the cabin yesterday afternoon. We drove up with my mom but I drove because she is nervous about driving up herself and she wanted to take her minivan because she had a lot of stuff to bring up. We had a nice time but my sister had a pretty rough time. She was in a lot of pain and just couldn’t get comfortable. I doubt she’ll be going up again until she starts feeling a little better. And it did seem weird and sad a lot of the time without my dad.

Waves to everyone.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 07:02 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a total body strength workout I found on Youtube + another Youtube workout of low impact cardio using 1-lb weighted gloves. One pretty good channel I have found is Michelle Briehler. She has tons of strength, cardio, yoga and PiYo workouts that are between 35-55 minutes. She doesn't use super heavy weights (usually 8-20 lb) since the moves are usually pretty fast.

Cher - I'm glad you and your family were able to get away for the weekend, but sorry to hear your sister didn't do well. Is she still going to the doctor for pain management?

We are in a heat wave again--mid to upper 90s for the next several days.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 05-31-22, 06:55 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I completely forgot to check in yesterday. Got busy and distracted.

Tonight I went to Burn for legs and then did 30 min on the mill. I have been watching Agatha Christie’s Death on the Nile, the 1978 one with Bette Davis and Mya Farrow! Very campy and a little funny.

Cher I’m glad you got to go to the cabin with your Mom and sister but sorry your sister was in pain. Hopefully that will get better and she will feel like joining you again before long. I know being reminded of your Dad must be hard.

Jbliff there are so many exercise classes on You Tube that it can make your head spin. And so many are free. Amazing.

We’re in a heat wave too but so far not above 93. I know it’s coming.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee.
Old 05-31-22, 08:41 PM  
Cher

Workout this morning was Jessica Smith’s new Total Body Strength Training….the 48 minute workout. Pretty decent little workout.

JBliff - They kept telling my sister they will work on the pain after the infection is gone. Now the infection is gone so hopefully they can figure something out for her. We had 90 degrees yesterday and 90 today, but now starting tomorrow we will be in the low 70s for the rest of the week. Stay cool!

Karen - Hope it doesn’t get to hot for you down there yet.

I’m going to go to my sister’s tomorrow and have dinner with her and spend the night and help her out.
Old 06-01-22, 06:37 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk early in the morning with DH, then a new Body Combat inspired HiiT workout and yoga from Youtube in the afternoon.

Karjoy - I am pretty amazed at how good some of the Youtube workouts are these days. I just saw the new Death on the Nile movie with Gal Gadot a couple of weeks ago. Funny but DH figured out who was the killer right away, even though he's never read the book.

Cher - Glad to hear the doctors will hopefully be working on helping your sister with the pain. I'm envious of your 70 degree weather. We're at almost 100 degrees today.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 06-01-22, 06:21 PM  
Cher

I’m at my sister’s now. We’re just chilling out. My mom came over and made us crab pie, a good salad and broccoli for dinner. She stayed for a little while and is back home now.

Workout this morning is Jenny Ford Walk Across America Idaho Walk and the Recovery stretch workout Jessica Smith’s new stretch dvd.

Probably no workout tomorrow since I’ll be at my sister’s for a little while tomorrow.

JBliff - Ugh, Almost 100 degrees is definitely to HOT! Today was a beautiful day here.
Old 06-01-22, 07:21 PM  
Vantreesta

I can't believe it's June already. I've been busy with house stuff the last two days and haven't gotten in a workout since PT on Sunday. I need to do that again tonight and some rolling for some muscles that are surprisingly tight for some reason.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 09:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I started the June checkin in a new thread. Almost forgot! I checked in there.

Cher it’s great that you are helping your sister a lot. There is so much that can be done for pain theses days. There are advances in pain management all the time. It amazes me!