Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-06, 09:02 PM  
MariaKatherine

Are there any good workouts that use tubing?

I'm switching some stuff up in my current rotation, and I am looking for more tubing related strength training. I would prefer the workout to have a little cardio in it, but anything that uses tubing would be desired. I don't care about the level of intensity in the workout, as I am just seeking some variety. TIA!

"You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance."
--Lee Iacocca
MariaKatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 09:04 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKatherine
I'm switching some stuff up in my current rotation, and I am looking for more tubing related strength training. I would prefer the workout to have a little cardio in it, but anything that uses tubing would be desired. I don't care about the level of intensity in the workout, as I am just seeking some variety. TIA!
- all the toning in the slim in six series uses tubing. slim series using tubing & dumbbells in mix it up (and someone help me here - can't remember if tear it up or shape it up uses tubing too!)

Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 09:29 PM  
Gardengirl

One of Tony Horton's w/o's (PHH or P90) has one person that uses tubing while Tony and the other guy use free weights. Also, Gin Miller's Build Your Muscles has 4-40 mintue (plus or minus) segements and one is tubing (I haven't tried it yet but want to).
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 09:57 PM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

Turbo Jam's 3T's (Totally Tubular Training), I really like it for something different but there's no cardio in it. There was another one I had in mind but now I'm blanking on it. If I remember, I'll come back and edit my post.

Jeanette

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Janzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 10:20 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom
- all the toning in the slim in six series uses tubing. slim series using tubing & dumbbells in mix it up (and someone help me here - can't remember if tear it up or shape it up uses tubing too!)

Terrie
Tear It Up uses tubing
Old 07-12-06, 04:38 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

There is an old GI Jabb (VHS) that is a circuit workout alternating kickboxing moves with strength circuits using tubing. If you are someone who is driven nuts by moves not being on the beat, this workout would not be for you. But, it's a fun workout.

Keep in mind with Power Half Hour, the tubing is used only on the upper body workout. The rest just use body weight.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 06:42 AM  
sundari

I think Gays "Cardio Crazy" is a circuit that uses tubing. And Pam Cosmi has a circuit with some tubing.
Old 07-12-06, 07:20 AM  
roz

I love the tubing/weights workouts on Body Fusion/Basic Step.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 07:26 AM  
Jammin

GAIAM has a total body tubing workout that's pretty tough. If you wanna try it out, let me know. http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product....t%5Fid=95-1103

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." Babe Ruth
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 09:21 AM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

What kind of exercises does it use? Also do you have to buy the tubing with it? I already have tubing and was just interested in the DVD.

Thanks for any info

Kim
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote