Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-12, 10:51 AM  
marmact

I don't think the price is that cheap. It only seems that way because kettlebell workouts have always been priced artificially high. (Dragon Door started that, and most kbell workout producers followed suit.) I did ask if they're pressed, though, I will share back if they respond. If they are DVD-R I will just burn them onto my hard drive to avoid future playback issues. I'm psyched! I'm very interested in his virtual gym so this is a way to try before buying.
Old 11-22-12, 10:56 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I don't think the price is that cheap. It only seems that way because kettlebell workouts have always been priced artificially high. (Dragon Door started that, and most kbell workout producers followed suit.) I did ask if they're pressed, though, I will share back if they respond. If they are DVD-R I will just burn them onto my hard drive to avoid future playback issues. I'm psyched! I'm very interested in his virtual gym so this is a way to try before buying.
The reason I thought they were cheap is because there are supposed to be six workouts on each disc. But they may be similar to the original set: repeat footage in each workout.
Old 11-22-12, 11:13 AM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
The reason I thought they were cheap is because there are supposed to be six workouts on each disc. But they may be similar to the original set: repeat footage in each workout.
I'm thinking it may be, too, b/c if that is all original footage that is a lot of footage to fit onto a DVD at high quality. Since I just splurged on Classical Stretch I'll probably wait it out until I hear reviews, but I do love the Skogg...
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-12, 11:22 AM  
marmact

The description says its original footage mixed with footage from their virtual gym workouts (of which there seem to be a lot). It's probably similar to most workouts that have a main workout and a bunch of premixes. It's not that different from other instructors like Cathe or KCM who put a ton of footage per DVD. But hopefully they are pressed.
Old 11-22-12, 11:41 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
But hopefully they are pressed.
Do you know if anyone has asked yet?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-12, 11:49 AM  
momofcha

I'm in!!! Payday is tomorrow!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-12, 12:10 PM  
flowerpotcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Do you know if anyone has asked yet?
I just saw on their facebook page, these are pressed dvds.

"Sue Skogg Pamela, yes the DVDs are pressed."
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-12, 12:11 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARB EL View Post
the price is 68.00 (original Skoggs) but when you check out they add a 15% black Friday discount. I just ordered, price is 57.80 and 2.32 shipping
Deb
What is the code? Is there a code?

I am in too! A few minutes in VF and bam, there goes my CC.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-12, 12:34 PM  
marmact

They said, pressed DVDs, no repeat footage, six unique workouts per DVD, 40 to 60 minutes each. Excellent! Can't wait to get these. You can see clips if their virtual workouts on their website; film quality is VERY high. I think Sue Skoggs might be a professional producer of some sort.
Old 11-22-12, 12:46 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
They are cheap. Where else can you get six 45-60 minute workouts on 1 DVD for $20?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skogg, skogg 2